Da Scrubs

Fargocase

I was very underwhelmed by the quality of Forwards Fenton signed this off-season.   I just looked them up and I'm actually shocked at what a load of crap he actually signed.  None of these guys even belong in the NHL.

J.T. Brown, RW, 28 years old, 5' 10", 169.  Just what the Wild need - a no talent dinky grinder.  Continuing a long Wild history of signing the wrong guy, just like the Wrong Robitaille,  Randy, also known as Not Luc, or the Wrong Foligno, this is the wrong J.T.    IMO this is obviously a pandering one-of-us homeboy signing.    Note worthy - was a stud at Duhluute along with that other one-of-us NHL Star Justin Fontaine.  Most importantly, he's the son of Viking Ted Brown!!!!   But he's one of those socially conscious guys, one of the very few NHL players to be one of the Kapernick sheep.  So impressed by him, son of an NHL player, raised with a silver spoon, has had his azz kissed for years, going to lecture us.   To him I say, F U, you fraud.

But back to hockey...  Doesn't even belong in the league.  Career year was back in 15/16 8G, 14A 22 pts.   Last year only 47 games with TB and Ana.  2G, 5A, 7pts.  Guy's career year wasn't even as good as Cullen's last year at 65 years old...

Signing grade on his ability to help the Wild - F, as in big fat failure.

Matt Read, RW, 32, 5' 10', 185.   The former Beaver!!!   YAY!!!   Another pandering one-of-us signing.    Last year couldn't even make the Flyers.  19 NHL games and 1 goal.  Wasn't even  a very good AHL player, only 16 points in 33 games.   Hopefully he can be a good veteran role model in IA.   

SIgning grade on his ability to help the Wild - another big fat F, as in FAIL.   The probability of him contributing to the Wild is extremely low.

Eric Fehr. C/RW, 33, 6' 4", 208.    Joke of a signing.  Big, non-physical old player who should be retired from the NHL.  Last season 18 NHL games, 34 AHL games.  Hasn't had a decent NHL season since 14/15.  Just a warm body to throw into a Wild sweater.  He can even be considered a homeboy, being from Winkler, MB.    If you've ever driven to Winnipeg from the south, you've passed the Winkler sign.

SIgning grade on his ability to help the Wild - another big fat F, FAIL.

Matt Hendricks, C/LW, 37, 6', 209, just another pandering one-of-us signing.  Last year with Wpg 60Gm, 5G, 8A, 13 pts.  Hasn't had a decent NHL season since 2010/11, if you can call these mediocre numbers "decent": 77Gm, 9G, 16A, 25 pts.  What a joke.  37 years old, hasn't had a "decent" NHL season since 2010.   But you have to give him credit for hanging on in the NHL for so many years!

If Fenton's goal is to tank, this collection of has beens and never beens is a great way to start.   This is a down right embarrassing  group of UFA's.

I'm trying to be optimistic about the Wild this season but this collection of duds is a joke if the goal is to improve the team.

Yet hearing it from Fenton just a few days ago and the addition of Fehr, Read and Brown are what this team has sorely missed. Prior to them the only big shooting right wing the Wild had was Coyle. He noted (strongly) that they're voice and being here will inspire Charlie Coyle to get him back on track to where the team needs him to be.

Not my words, just sharing his sediment on them. Said they'll add sandpaper to the roster.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:17 PM, Fargocase said:

I was very underwhelmed by the quality of Forwards Fenton signed this off-season.   I just looked them up and I'm actually shocked at what a load of crap he actually signed.  None of these guys even belong in the NHL.

J.T. Brown, RW, 28 years old, 5' 10", 169.  Just what the Wild need - a no talent dinky grinder.  Continuing a long Wild history of signing the wrong guy, just like the Wrong Robitaille,  Randy, also known as Not Luc, or the Wrong Foligno, this is the wrong J.T.    IMO this is obviously a pandering one-of-us homeboy signing.    Note worthy - was a stud at Duhluute along with that other one-of-us NHL Star Justin Fontaine.  Most importantly, he's the son of Viking Ted Brown!!!!   But he's one of those socially conscious guys, one of the very few NHL players to be one of the Kapernick sheep.  So impressed by him, son of an NHL player, raised with a silver spoon, has had his azz kissed for years, going to lecture us.   To him I say, F U, you fraud.

But back to hockey...  Doesn't even belong in the league.  Career year was back in 15/16 8G, 14A 22 pts.   Last year only 47 games with TB and Ana.  2G, 5A, 7pts.  Guy's career year wasn't even as good as Cullen's last year at 65 years old...

Signing grade on his ability to help the Wild - F, as in big fat failure.

Matt Read, RW, 32, 5' 10', 185.   The former Beaver!!!   YAY!!!   Another pandering one-of-us signing.    Last year couldn't even make the Flyers.  19 NHL games and 1 goal.  Wasn't even  a very good AHL player, only 16 points in 33 games.   Hopefully he can be a good veteran role model in IA.   

SIgning grade on his ability to help the Wild - another big fat F, as in FAIL.   The probability of him contributing to the Wild is extremely low.

Eric Fehr. C/RW, 33, 6' 4", 208.    Joke of a signing.  Big, non-physical old player who should be retired from the NHL.  Last season 18 NHL games, 34 AHL games.  Hasn't had a decent NHL season since 14/15.  Just a warm body to throw into a Wild sweater.  He can even be considered a homeboy, being from Winkler, MB.    If you've ever driven to Winnipeg from the south, you've passed the Winkler sign.

SIgning grade on his ability to help the Wild - another big fat F, FAIL.

Matt Hendricks, C/LW, 37, 6', 209, just another pandering one-of-us signing.  Last year with Wpg 60Gm, 5G, 8A, 13 pts.  Hasn't had a decent NHL season since 2010/11, if you can call these mediocre numbers "decent": 77Gm, 9G, 16A, 25 pts.  What a joke.  37 years old, hasn't had a "decent" NHL season since 2010.   But you have to give him credit for hanging on in the NHL for so many years!

If Fenton's goal is to tank, this collection of has beens and never beens is a great way to start.   This is a down right embarrassing  group of UFA's.

I'm trying to be optimistic about the Wild this season but this collection of duds is a joke if the goal is to improve the team.

That's probably about all the Wild could afford. 

50 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

It is. A few hundred thousand each... As cheerleaders for the rest of the team. 

You're right. I looked up what these guys are getting paid this season--comes to $3Mil give or take. That's a lot of cash for 4 players wearing short skirts!

Cullen signed for $800K with Pit.   And Rutherford wasted absolutely no time this year making that offer!  He offered and Cullen signed right away.

I don't think Winnick has even signed yet.

But if they don't get along with BB then it's a moot point.  My swag is that neither Winnick or Cullen ran into enough guys last year and BB is an old school coach who wants lower line players to finish their checks.    Obviously Cullen isn't going to play a physical game like that, but I was disappointed in Winnick last year for not being much more physical with his size.  He had opportunities but passed on nailing guys way too often IMO.   I'm pretty sure that's why he's gone.  Winnick wants to be a finesse guy but his skill level and size dictate that he needs to be a thumper.

9 hours ago, sweetshot said:

You're right. I looked up what these guys are getting paid this season--comes to $3Mil give or take. That's a lot of cash for 4 players wearing short skirts!

To be fair, when I called them cheerleaders there was purpose behind it.

Fenton, when mentioning these guys and why he reached out to them... Was because he felt each of them could motivate others and help get their head in the game (more or less that's what he said.) He didn't say much about how their play, what minutes they could see or anything else.

34 minutes ago, Fargocase said:

Cullen signed for $800K with Pit.   And Rutherford wasted absolutely no time this year making that offer!  He offered and Cullen signed right away.

I don't think Winnick has even signed yet.

But if they don't get along with BB then it's a moot point.  My swag is that neither Winnick or Cullen ran into enough guys last year and BB is an old school coach who wants lower line players to finish their checks.    Obviously Cullen isn't going to play a physical game like that, but I was disappointed in Winnick last year for not being much more physical with his size.  He had opportunities but passed on nailing guys way too often IMO.   I'm pretty sure that's why he's gone.  Winnick wants to be a finesse guy but his skill level and size dictate that he needs to be a thumper.

Honest question here, what 'gritty' player has the Wild acquired since Clutterbuck ( -2013) and lasted more than 2 seasons been anything other than want to be a finesse guy? Have any of them not ditched finishing their checks?

6 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

To be fair, when I called them cheerleaders there was purpose behind it.

Fenton, when mentioning these guys and why he reached out to them... Was because he felt each of them could motivate others and help get their head in the game (more or less that's what he said.) He didn't say much about how their play, what minutes they could see or anything else.

I heard that too and he's probably right, but my lord,  $3Mil. Have any of these guys done enough in their careers to get the kind of respect they need to get from current Wild players in order to have any kind of impact?

Looking at the 4th line and 3rd D pair,    Like JT Brown's speed, particularly on the forecheck,   His lack of production is somewhat troubling.   Like that Fehr is a RH C.   But age, lack of speed and physicality at an over priced 1M is disappointing.     Matt Hendricks is an inspirational guy.  At 37, perhaps it suits him better as an assistant coach.    Matt Read is a no risk depth signing on a two way deal. Like his speed, but recent total lack of production is an issue.  But the two way contract negates that concern.   

I'm looking forward to the possibilities of Pateryn & Seeler being a physical, strong D zone pairing.  The physical part a huge weakness (pardon the pun) of recent Wild teams.

The dope on these guys:

Joshua Thomas Brown, RW, 28 yrs. 5’ 9 3/4” 169 (Wiki has him at 175) from Burnsville, Minnesota

His father is Ted Brown former NFL MN Vikings player.

Career: 2010 to present

Undrafted in the NHL signed by Tampa Bay Lightning

Signed a contract with the Wild on July 1, 2018 for $1,375 million (per Wikipedia.) CapFriendly lists his contract as a two-year deal, UFA in 2020 and salary is $687,500 each year.

His peak year was 2015-2016 posting 78 games, 8 goals, 14 assists and 58 PIM.

All-time NHL numbers: 309 games, 20 goals, 44 assists, (64 pts) 192 PIM.

Last season he played 24 games with the Lightning, 1 goal, 3 assists, 12 PIM.

Then with the ducks 23 games, 1 goal, 2 assists, 12 PIM. 4 playoff games 0 pts.

Twice in 2017 he raised his fist during the U.S. National Anthem to ‘bring awareness to police brutality and inequality for minorities.’

This signing reeks as some type favor to someone local because his old man is Ted Brown.

Matt Read, RW, 32 yrs. 5’10” 185 from Ilderton, Ontario.

Career: 2011 to present

Undrafted in the NHL signed by the Philadelphia Flyers

Signed a 1-year, two-way contract with the Wild on July 30, 2018. CapFriendly lists his contract as a 1-year deal UFA in 2019 and salary is $650,000. He’s listed as a non-roster player in the minors.

All-time numbers: 437 games, 87 goals, 100 assists (187 pts), 81 PIM.

Last year he played in the AHL for 33 games (7 goals, 9 assists, 8 PIM) and 19 games with the Flyers for 1 goal and 2 PIM.

Eric Fehr, C/RW, 33 yrs. 6’4” 208 from Winkler, Manitoba.

Career: 2005 to present

Drafted 18 overall in 2003 by Washington Capitals

Signed a 1-year deal with the Wild on July 1, 2018 for $1 million, UFA in 2019.

His most productive year was 2008-2009 with 69 games, 21 goals, 18 assists, 24 PIM.

His second most productive year was 2014-2015 with 75 games, 19 goals, 14 assists, 20 PIM.

In 2017-2018 he was with the San Diego Gulls (AHL) where he recorded 34 games, 17 goals, 11 assists and 33 PIM and with the San Jose Sharks for 14 games, 3 goals, 1 assist and 0 PIM.

In 2014 he authored an anti-bullying children’s book titled “The Bulliest Dozer.” Proceeds from book sales benefited charity.

Can we say the Wild signed another pre-retired player?

Matt Hendricks, C/LW, 37 yrs. 6’0” 209 from Blaine, Minnesota

Career: 2005 to present

Drafted Fifth round, 131 overall in 2000 by Nashville Predators

Signed a 1-year deal with the Wild on July 30, 2018 for $700,000, UFA in 2019.

He was in the AHL from 2003 to 2009 then saw 4 NHL games with the Avalanche in 2009.

Since then his peak year has been… None unless you call 77 games, 9 goals, 16 assists and 110 PIM a great year.

He likes golf… Another pre-retired player now on the roster.

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 10:10 AM, rottenrefs said:

Yet hearing it from Fenton just a few days ago and the addition of Fehr, Read and Brown are what this team has sorely missed. Prior to them the only big shooting right wing the Wild had was Coyle. He noted (strongly) that they're voice and being here will inspire Charlie Coyle to get him back on track to where the team needs him to be.

Not my words, just sharing his sediment on them. Said they'll add sandpaper to the roster.

Ahhhh. The words from Fletcher 2.0.............. er I mean Fenton are so calming! 😂

Archived