Home Opener Tomorrow!

sekkes85

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, brelic said:

Agreed. The UFA crop this past offseason was not great. It was basically DeHaan (4yr/$18M) or Cole (3yr/$13M). And neither of those guys were great options. 

The only way to get what we need is through a trade - and that will involve prospects, surely, and likely a roster player. 

Agree.  The UFA market was pretty weak.  And I'm not sure how easy it is to pry vet d-men away from other teams, unless someone wants to dump salary.

1 minute ago, vis said:

Do you think the Caps would have traded him within the division?

More than likely not.

His 3 year deal isn't a bad one. Hart may need 3 years before he is ready to take over. And that would mean he would be here this year instead of Neuvy at least. That is a win.

But Halak was available as i just posted. He is an upgrade i think to what they have. And a little more pricey. But not over kill.

5 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

More than likely not.

His 3 year deal isn't a bad one. Hart may need 3 years before he is ready to take over. And that would mean he would be here this year instead of Neuvy at least. That is a win.

But Halak was available as i just posted. He is an upgrade i think to what they have. And a little more pricey. But not over kill.

Kind of feel like Halak was a bit of a dumpster fire in his own right last year.  Not sure he would have been an upgrade to Elliott, but possibly Neuvirth from a health perspective.

Grubauer's deal is fine, I just don't know that he would have signed it in Philly knowing that Hart is on the way.  Who knows if the Avs promised Grubauer that he would be the starter for the foreseeable future once Varlamov's deal is up after this season.  Probably a better situation for him in Colorado.  Unless there is a prospect coming up in Colorado's system that I don't know about.

7 minutes ago, vis said:
18 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Kind of feel like Halak was a bit of a dumpster fire in his own right last year.

Not sure if he was as much a dumpster as the team in front of him was.

He posted similar numbers to Elliott.

However yes i would have taken him to tandem with Elliott and sent Neuvy packing.

Don't mind me this morning i'm just pissed about last night and venting more than anything.

Just wanted to watch some good hockey after being without any for so long and this they ice this crap.

10 minutes ago, vis said:

Grubauer's deal is fine, I just don't know that he would have signed it in Philly knowing that Hart is on the way.

Sure but that is a few years away Varlamov is blocking him NOW.

And yeah who knows what was said/promised.

8 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

Don't mind me this morning i'm just pissed about last night and venting more than anything.

Just wanted to watch some good hockey after being without any for so long and this they ice this crap.

I hear you.  Was disgusted myself since this was the first time I was able to watch a full game.

I hope they can turn it on tonight.  The Sens have been more competitive than anticipated so far.  I watched some of the Toronto game.

1 hour ago, brelic said:

Agreed. The UFA crop this past offseason was not great. It was basically DeHaan (4yr/$18M) or Cole (3yr/$13M). And neither of those guys were great options. 

The only way to get what we need is through a trade - and that will involve prospects, surely, and likely a roster player. 

I think Sbisa would have been an upgrade over Folin.

10 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I think Sbisa would have been an upgrade over Folin.

I honestly don't think there's any difference between the two. Admittedly I haven't watched either over the past several years unless they play the Flyers. But their stats and fancy stats say they're equally bad. 

Seriously, if we're splitting hairs over Folin vs. Sbisa or whoever, we're missing the point. The upgrade the Flyers need is not on defenseman #7. It's on defenseman #1 or #2. A true veteran to guide, shape, mold, rally our young guys. The glue that holds them together during the learning curve. 

MacDonald is not that guy, but unfortunately, he's the one that needs to move out to make room for such a guy.

12 minutes ago, brelic said:

I honestly don't think there's any difference between the two.

He is better in his own end i think more of a stay at home type. However he isn't a right hand shot.

But i think he could actually provide a guy who can play defense. I think they have enough offensive guys. However water under the bridge now.

24 minutes ago, brelic said:

Seriously, if we're splitting hairs over Folin vs. Sbisa or whoever, we're missing the point. The upgrade the Flyers need is not on defenseman #7. It's on defenseman #1 or #2

True.

Archived