Minnesota Wild vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Saturday 10-20-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

https://wp.me/p9DWHB-3zib

Minnesota Wild (3-2-2)  8pts  5th in the Central

2.4 Goals For Per Game

2.7 Goals Against Per Game

15% Power Play

82.8% Penalty Kill

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #11 Zach Parise ~ 2G 7A = 9pts

2. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2G 5A = 7pts

2. #16 Jason Zucker ~ 3G 3A = 6pts

4. #64 Mikael Granlund ~ 2G 3A = 5pts

5. #12 Eric Staal ~ 2G 3A = 4pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 7 PIM's

2. #15 Matt Hendricks ~ 7 PIM's

3. #12 Eric Staal ~ 6 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (3-1-2)  2.11GAA  .944%SP

2. #32 Alex Stalock (0-1-0)  3.10GAA  .889%SP

Vs.

Tampa Bay Lightning (4-1-0)  8pts  4th in the Atlantic

3.4 Goals For Per Game

2.0 Goals Against Per Game

25% Power Play

100% Penalty Kill

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #9 Tyler Johnson ~ 3G 2A = 5pts

2. #21 Brayden Point ~ 4G 1A = 5pts

3. #37 Yanni Gourde ~ 2G 3A = 5pts

4. #10 J.T. Miller ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

5. #86 Nikita Kucherov ~ 1G 3A = 4pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #10 J.T. Miller ~ 8 PIM's

2. #13 Cedric Paquette ~ 6 PIM's

3. #77 Victor Hedman ~ 6 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #88 Andrei Vasilevskiy (3-1-0)  1.48GAA  .954%SP

2. #70 Louis Domingue (1-0-0)  2.00GAA  .950%SP

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This match for me, is like a mom watching her two sons go at it....

That said, the ONLY two times during the year I root against the Wild is when Tampa Bay is in town, or Minnesota visits Tampa, FL.

Sorry guys....I am born n raised Tampa Bay sports from baseball, to football to hockey.
Still though....if the Wild pull off a good win, I will tip my bonnet and hope they keep it going to the next opponent.

Bolts are attacking the Minnesota net, and so far, the Wild don't have an answer for the rushes.

I know the Lightning are fast (like Dallas), and I know the Wild are probably not at full strength after a game last night and travel, but the Wild are just NOT picking up TB players entering the zone pretty much leaving Stalock to deal with premium shots.

Nasty deflection by the Lightning on Stalock.
No way he could have done anything with that one.

He was tracking the puck fine, was in position, puck had other ideas.
3-1 Bolts and they are now back on the PP...Coyle in the sin bin.

Another night of Wild players marching to the penalty box?
They can't afford that against a team like the Lightning.

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

Dumba caught between two Lightning players created the screen. Ugh, why do the Wild not move bodies in front of the net? Is Spurgeon the only one who moves bodies? 

Not to mention the standing around...

Nice work by Stalock.
Foiled at least three good chances by the Bolts to keep it at just 3-1

Bolts moving the puck around at will, but again, Stalock IS tracking it well...he just needs some help from his defenders now to minimize TB getting premium chances.

And another goal by the offense wouldn't hurt either, as far as Stalock is concerned...

End of 1.
Does Minnesota have anything left in the tank to make this a closer game than what it has been so far?
Stalock has been their best player, but he needs support.

1 minute ago, IllaZilla said:

Not to mention the standing around...

Yeah... It's just so frustrating. They have to be watching game films seeing the player shifts, rotations, etc. and one would think standing idle would stand out.

That last PK was much better. Brodin - Spurgeon.

When Lightning players moved in Spurgeon was cutting off the angles to those players and had all kinds of movement that made it almost impossible for the Lightning to set anything up.

This has probably been said a million times but suter playing half speed all game drives me nuts. I like suter, good player but it sets a bad example. Why not cut his minutes down and play hard like the rest of the league. Is it just to say he plays a ton of minutes and it justifies his contract? Hard to be mad at guys not moving there feet when one of the teams best players floats around the ice all game. 

6 minutes ago, Oregonwildfan said:

This has probably been said a million times but suter playing half speed all game drives me nuts. I like suter, good player but it sets a bad example. Why not cut his minutes down and play hard like the rest of the league. Is it just to say he plays a ton of minutes and it justifies his contract? Hard to be mad at guys not moving there feet when one of the teams best players floats around the ice all game. 

HERESY........BURN THE WITCH.

1 minute ago, Oregonwildfan said:

About 4 years ago Mike Yeo said they looked at his minutes and will monitor them. A month later after all kinds of continued heat over it, he addressed again and said it was on def. coach Anderson (I think it was.) Nothing was done about it. Fletcher too over the years has been questioned about it and he sides with his head coach(es.)

Boudreau has also been questioned about it... He's indicated they watch his minutes closer and yet it's still continued.

But I'm deemed a conspiracy theorist because I blame it on the players doing what the hell they want regardless of coaches wishes or demands.

Two GM's and two head coaches later (and 3 different defense coaches) there's still no change.

This team is so hung up on knee-humping Suter they called him last year when he was out injured (during the playoffs with Fletcher bringing it up in an interview) that they respect Suter's input on how to play against other teams... Excuse me? What the hell do we have coaches for?

5 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

About 4 years ago Mike Yeo said they looked at his minutes and will monitor them. A month later after all kinds of continued heat over it, he addressed again and said it was on def. coach Anderson (I think it was.) Nothing was done about it. Fletcher too over the years has been questioned about it and he sides with his head coach(es.)

Boudreau has also been questioned about it... He's indicated they watch his minutes closer and yet it's still continued.

But I'm deemed a conspiracy theorist because I blame it on the players doing what the hell they want regardless of coaches wishes or demands.

Two GM's and two head coaches later (and 3 different defense coaches) there's still no change.

This team is so hung up on knee-humping Suter they called him last year when he was out injured (during the playoffs with Fletcher bringing it up in an interview) that they respect Suter's input on how to play against other teams... Excuse me? What the hell do we have coaches for?

This is about what I expected. Its a perfect definition of insanity. 

Of all the Wild players putting one past Vasilevskiy and GENUINELY beating the TB goalie, I would NOT have thought it would have been Nick Foligno.

Well, good on him.
He puts in the work, takes the abuse on that 4th line...nice move and just flat out beat Vasy.

3-2 Lightning now...and hey, nice to see former Bolts JT Brown get in on that...he gets a helper.

2 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Of all the Wild players putting one past Vasilevskiy and GENUINELY beating the TB goalie, I would NOT have thought it would have been Nick Foligno.

Well, good on him.
He puts in the work, takes the abuse on that 4th line...nice move and just flat out beat Vasy.

3-2 Lightning now...and hey, nice to see former Bolts JT Brown get in on that...he gets a helper.

Chiming in from my phone while watching on FSGO. it wasn't nick foligno I think he still plays for CBJ  so you can keep thinking that lol. 

21 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26 I like Stalock a lot. He's more athletic than Dubnyk... Much like the goalie duo of Backstrom and Harding. Harding was so athletic.

Stalock is alright.
Not a huge fan of his....not that I DONT like him, but I think maybe the Wild can come up with a better option behind Dubnyk (and probably with an eye on REPLACING Duby soon)…..but being the smaller goalie, he HAS to be athletic while Doobs can rely on his positioning and size.

And yea...I liked Josh Harding before....shame about him.
I think if Harding had not had those health issues, he would likely be the de facto number one goalie on this team today. He certainly was working towards that, and just about had it too.

Archived