Minnesota Wild vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Saturday 10-20-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

23 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

The registrar guy at the NHL offices loves to give us a break-heavy start and then they want tons of games in March.  I hope a well-rested Wild team plays well for you as you go to the game.  There certainly shouldn't be any reason for them to be sluggish.  

I've never liked it when teams get these four to five day breaks. It always seems like they lose momentum. I still would like to see these guys put together a solid 60 minutes of hockey for several games in a row. They always seem to take one period off (usually the second) and then have to fight and claw to get back in the third...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

I've never liked it when teams get these four to five day breaks. It always seems like they lose momentum. I still would like to see these guys put together a solid 60 minutes of hockey for several games in a row. They always seem to take one period off (usually the second) and then have to fight and claw to get back in the third...

I would agree.  I am going to guess, they're hoping not to run up against Football as often with a slower start to the season.  

6 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I would agree.  I am going to guess, they're hoping not to run up against Football as often with a slower start to the season.  

Maybe. But I'm sure it's by design. The way the League plays up the Playoff races, I'm sure they designed the schedule so that there are more games in the Spring so there is more "drama" built in to the Playoff race...same with the way the Loser Point keeps Playoff races closer than they should be...

59 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Maybe. But I'm sure it's by design. The way the League plays up the Playoff races, I'm sure they designed the schedule so that there are more games in the Spring so there is more "drama" built in to the Playoff race...same with the way the Loser Point keeps Playoff races closer than they should be...

I just wish they'd either start the season a tad bit later or better yet...have it finish in May instead of June.  

On 10/20/2018 at 9:55 PM, rottenrefs said:

Big win for the Wild!

I agree Rotty. It was a big win for the Wild against  such an offensive team Tampa.  Next day they won in Chicago with a score 6:3 and put an NHL record on shots during the second period (33 shots during one period).

7 hours ago, DevinWieser said:

Looks like we are finally getting our legs under us (or in hockey terms skates, lol). We just had to get into a normal schedule. 😍

Yeah.  Wild gets Hot then they don't play for a week!  Then backtobacktobacktoback…    I agree with the people discussing this in another thread - two years in a row the Wild gets screwed by the schedule right out of the gate.  Once is a coincidence, twice a trend!   Next season the Wild better get better treatment or it's established the league is trying to screw the Wild.

Archived