Minnesota Wild vs Tampa Bay Lightning, Saturday 10-20-18, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

Ugh, why do the Wild not move bodies in front of the net? Is Spurgeon the only one who moves bodies? 

Prosser is the only other one that leaps to mind as someone willing to clear the front. It drives me crazy when Suter, for all his talent and size, basically goes "Hiya buddy, what's up? Ya setting a screen? Mind if I join ya? Lemme know if I get too close."

BTW, good evening, fans. Looking forward to a 6-5 thriller tonight.

@TropicalFruitGirl26 I took a ton of heat saying Harding was a better goalie than Backstrom. That Backstrom was only a decent goalie if all 5 players in front of him played defense... Like they did under Lemaire's regime. The minute they changed from a defense oriented team to opening up their offense Backstom's numbers crashed and Harding got more chances. Thank goodness.

And yes, it's too bad he had health issues because he had a fire in him most all these current Wild players need to see more of and likely they never will.

11 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Chiming in from my phone while watching on FSGO. it wasn't nick foligno I think he still plays for CBJ  so you can keep thinking that lol. 

I was about to chime in myself. Poor Marcus can’t catch a break with people knowing his name. On a side note Nick Foligno does still play for the Bluejackets and is probably a better player than Marcus. 

9 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26 I know just giving you a hard time.😉

Hah..yep, I know.
I've posted on boards long enough to know.... I mess up, someone's gonna be there to give me a hard time bout it....goes with the territory, and I can accept that.  :biggrin:

17 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

Chiming in from my phone while watching on FSGO. it wasn't nick foligno I think he still plays for CBJ  so you can keep thinking that lol. 

7 minutes ago, Valentine1618 said:

I was about to chime in myself. Poor Marcus can’t catch a break with people knowing his name. On a side note Nick Foligno does still play for the Bluejackets and is probably a better player than Marcus. 

Well, guys, look at this as well....

MARKUS Granlund, I am sure, gets called MIKAEL all the time in Vancouver.

We have the better Granlund, just like Columbus has the better Foligno..statistically anyways.

Thing is, if people think "Granlund", Mikael comes to mind first.... just like Nick Foligno comes to mind first when I hear that last name (wasn't the first time I called Marcus "Nick" I'm afraid..)  🤭

17 minutes ago, rottenrefs said:

@TropicalFruitGirl26 I took a ton of heat saying Harding was a better goalie than Backstrom. That Backstrom was only a decent goalie if all 5 players in front of him played defense... Like they did under Lemaire's regime. The minute they changed from a defense oriented team to opening up their offense Backstom's numbers crashed and Harding got more chances. Thank goodness.

And yes, it's too bad he had health issues because he had a fire in him most all these current Wild players need to see more of and likely they never will.

I liked Nick Backstrom, even though I knew he, even at his best, was a B+ goalie....
Liked having him manning the nets, but ultimately, always felt the Wild needed a bit higher caliber guy back there to make deep playoff runs.

Whether Harding was going to be that guy or not, we will never know, but judging by the attitude and work Harding put in...and some real spectacular plays on many nights, I believed Minnesota very well could have had that Grade A guy.

Bad health deprived him of a potentially fantastic career, and for fans, a guy who could have possibly been in Vezina conversations himself for a few years.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

I liked Nick Backstrom, even though I knew he, even at his best, was a B+ goalie....
Liked having him manning the nets, but ultimately, always felt the Wild needed a bit higher caliber guy back there to make deep playoff runs.

Whether Harding was going to be that guy or not, we will never know, but judging by the attitude and work Harding put in...and some real spectacular plays on many nights, I believed Minnesota very well could have had that Grade A guy.

Bad health deprived him of a potentially fantastic carrer, and for fans, a guy who could have possibly been in Vezina conversations himself for a few years.

Don’t let Antti Laxative catch you saying that...

Archived