Minnesota Wild @ Chicago Blackhawks, Sunday 11-18-18, 5:00pm, United Center

MNSOTA

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bear said:

let the hating begin

I don't think it's hating if I point out that our 6 million dollar man and his incompetence to either take the man or the puck and his boneheaded pass led to two goals scored by the Hawks. I know he has a lot of offensive prowess other D-men can only dream of but when will he mature once and for good. Not the first time we've seen this this season not to mention the previous ones.

5 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

I don't think it's hating if I point out that our 6 million dollar man and his incompetence to either take the man or the puck and his boneheaded pass led to two goals scored by the Hawks. I know he has a lot of offensive prowess other D-men can only dream of but when will he mature once and for good. Not the first time we've seen this this season not to mention the previous ones.

You wont get any argument from me I thought Dumba played poorly the last two games. He wasn't the only one but it just turned out his mistakes cost us. Suter isn't playing all that great either and the two of them together are not good $13,500,000 

14 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

First star of this game has to be Cory Crawford.

When the Wild made their pushes, he was calm, cool, and collected in net and made the saves he needed to.
I think he, more than anything any of the skaters did, was the main frustration for Minnesota.

40 SOG and he turned aside all but one.

I thought the same but anytime we were at the net net we we're just trying to shove it through pads and skates flat on the ice. That's when we weren't ice dancing around in circles looking for it. :P 

Overall we didn't make him move far too many times. Still did what he had to do tho.

@DevinWieser The Wild did the screwing to themselves without help from the refs.

It's early in the season enough and the Wild have built up points that the panic button doesn't need to be hit. But the last few games have been awful. The team as a whole looks completely out of sync. Some players are dragging ass and making critical mistakes hurting the team.

When they play as a team they can be really good. But then they have games like these where it seems more individuals then a team unit on the ice and the results are ugly loses. I wish I could figure out why this happens. It's frustrating and leads to speculation of there is a rift in the locker room.

14 hours ago, rottenrefs said:

Do you guys (not just you in particular) even know what the difference is between hating something, being frustrated in a crappy performance, or having a healthy competitiveness toward something... Is?

Likely NO because this is why Minnesota teams constantly chit the pot and nobody gives a damn about how putrid a level they stoop to in order to literally lose to teams completely out of the picture.

Seriously, what the hell teams on the face of the planet who are near the top in their conference / division / league... And they lose (in flaming colors) to a team obviously trying to tank. Who does this, other than the Wild, Vikings, Wolves, Twins... Need I continue? The list is a long one if I included MEN's (I use that term lightly) sports teams in MN from college to the professional ranks. It's pathetic!

Thank You !

People say you're not a real or true fan if you say anything bad about your team. I think the opposite. You are a true fan that cares.

I'd rather be like randy Quaid in Major league 2 than the 'Rose-Colored' glasses wearer.

:D 

@ClusterChuck Me too! 😁 Randy came across obnoxious as hell but being a kind sugar a$$ full of compliments gets people where... to the top? No.

This team's played in their comfort zone since Lemaire left, too long. If BB can't ignite a lighter under players' balls then maybe it's up to the fans.

27 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

@ClusterChuck Me too! 😁 Randy came across obnoxious as hell but being a kind sugar a$$ full of compliments gets people where... to the top? No.

This team's played in their comfort zone since Lemaire left, too long. If BB can't ignite a lighter under players' balls then maybe it's up to the fans.

Boudreau pointed out his team may have crashed the net, but rarely did they really screen Crawford.  In fact he criticized their penchant to want to hang around 'on the sides' of the crease instead of stepping out in front to make things really difficult for Crawford.  I think its accurate and fair criticism from Boudreau and some of us have been saying that for years.  This is a team that wants to avoid paying the price...

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Boudreau pointed out his team may have crashed the net, but rarely did they really screen Crawford.  In fact he criticized their penchant to want to hang around 'on the sides' of the crease instead of stepping out in front to make things really difficult for Crawford.  I think its accurate and fair criticism from Boudreau and some of us have been saying that for years.  This is a team that wants to avoid paying the price...

IMO there are 2 main reasons for this. Players won't put forth the effort to get to these tough areas(laziness, maybe fear)--or certain players physically aren't able to handle the abuse you receive when in front of the net. There are dozens of players in the NHL who aren't cut out to be camped in front of the net.

11 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Yeah, Bob's your uncle. BB pointing this out only makes sense. He'd look darn foolish not to come forward with something every half decent hockey fan can see with their own eyes, wouldn't he?

Having said that, you probably remember as well as any Wild fan when in the Yeo era we lost with a lousy performance. Yet Mikey had the nerve or not the wit (take your pick) and in the post game presser he would compliment our energy level and even swagger with some other petty details yet giving only a vague notion of what went wrong. How could he be that blind or dishonest? So this is refreshing though not the first time, kudos to BB.

22 hours ago, sweetshot said:

IMO there are 2 main reasons for this. Players won't put forth the effort to get to these tough areas(laziness, maybe fear)--or certain players physically aren't able to handle the abuse you receive when in front of the net. There are dozens of players in the NHL who aren't cut out to be camped in front of the net.

So they're kind of like Sweetshot.  Then we need to get rid of those players.  

13 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah, Bob's your uncle. BB pointing this out only makes sense. He'd look darn foolish not to come forward with something every half decent hockey fan can see with their own eyes, wouldn't he?

Having said that, you probably remember as well as any Wild fan when in the Yeo era we lost with a lousy performance. Yet Mikey had the nerve or not the wit (take your pick) and in the post game presser he would compliment our energy level and even swagger with some other petty details yet giving only a vague notion of what went wrong. How could he be that blind or dishonest? So this is refreshing though not the first time, kudos to BB.

Oh I agree, Boudreau is far better than Yeolo was at calling a spade, a spade.  Yeo did all that he could to avoid angering the star guys; even though it was clear they were giving up and conspiring against him.  I think Yeolo will be waiting a while before the next gig, especially as a head coach.  

Archived