Flyers new coach Scott Gordon

OccamsRazor

How long he coaches??? It's anyone guess.

He has like it or not started off on a good foot.

Team looked good for a complete game. Still need to work on the dumb penalties.

Hart seemed to give them confidence. His rebound control was a welcome.

Gordon said he hasn't had much practice time to work on the systems he wants to run with and doesn't want to complicate things with all that is going on.

He wants to keep it simple right now for his players. Sounds like smart moves i say.

It paid dividends. However i notice he keeps rolling his lines last night and when goals were scores he didn't bench guys and sit them for a while.

Then i looked at the ice time and it opened my eyes that maybe this guy gets it.

Him coaching these kids he knows what many are capable of and then you looked at how he leaned on Sanheim...i must say i am for once excited to see how this plays out.

21 minutes for Travis....that has to be the most minutes he has ever played in a game since becoming a Flyer.

I still want to seen Mcdud weaned out the lineup he still as usual was shaky at times around the goal...one time i remember Hart helping him out and freezing the puck for him when he saw him fighting the puck.

A great start.

The real big test is next game with one of the best teams in the NHL this year coming in....Nashville Predators!!!

Keep it going. If Gordon can get this PP going he may have a chance. I'm just going to take it one game at a time.

I have to say i have enjoyed watching Gordon in his interviews he is well spoken something i wasn't aware of.

He is honest (so far) and doesn't seem to be blowing smoke up our arse when he answers questions. It is refreshing i will say.

Now let's be sure it is much easier to do when they are winning which is a nice change.

The real test will be when they lose. And i'm good if that never happens again either!!!

So far so good. Winning makes everything better.

It is so good to see players smiling when the cameras are on them. I am sure they enjoy playing again.

It was good to see Gordon know that the team is tired and gave them a break instead of practicing. Good call.

Gordon still hasn’t had a full practice since he was named interim coach Monday morning, but recognizing something more important than implementing his system was a big step in the team’s preparation. 

“It was kinda cool, because he mentioned it wasn’t really physical rest is what we needed,” Travis Konecny said. “Just a lot went on the road trip, all the changes going on, like a mental thing to just go home and relax and not put on the gear that extra time. It was a smart play.”

Wow white men rapping a sight unseen or heard...fast forward to 1:50 of video to see Flyers new coach rap...if you dare!!!

...hopefully he doesn't spend time working on Hart's rapping skillz...

A great read on the new coach....

What Scott Gordon first saw from Claude Giroux in 2008-09 still impacts his decisions

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/flyers/what-scott-gordon-first-saw-claude-giroux-2008-09-still-impacts-his-decisions

"I've told Patty, 'Don't worry about the title first, second, third line,'" the Flyers' interim head coach said Friday. "'You're going to get your ice time and the best part here is that the pressure isn't on you to be one of the top six.'"

Gordon also recalls his days as head coach of the Islanders. His first year in charge was Giroux's rookie season. When New York matched up with the Flyers, Gordon was well aware of the names Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, the marquee studs down the middle.

"I remember playing against the Flyers and they had Richards and Carter — and this guy named Giroux, who I didn't know anything about," Gordon said. 

Giroux was 21 years old at the time and joined the Flyers after Christmas.

"And I said, 'Well, I'm sure he's got to be an average player.' He had just come up from the minors," Gordon said. "And little did I know, he was a pretty good player. 

"From an opposition standpoint, what it does is all of a sudden you're looking at three skilled centers.

"So when you're looking at your opponent and you see that you have three centers, there's potential for offense on each line, there's no third line, checking line."

The Flyers go Giroux, Sean Couturier and Patrick down the middle — not bad depth at all. If Patrick starts providing secondary offense, the Flyers will be tough to deal with, which is exactly Gordon's vision.

On 12/23/2018 at 8:29 AM, jammer2 said:

Realistically, Gordon is a placeholder unless they can make the playoffs. 

What is up bud. Don't see you around here much. Happy holidays.

As far as them making the playoffs that might be a huge task still considering the substantial hole they have dug themselves.

They will certainly needs some excellent play and even help from other teams not playing great.

They just went 3-1-0 an didn't really make up any ground especially with the Jackets playing so damn well now.

I mean they are 9 points outside a wild card spot with two games in hand. So to make up some ground they have to win. ALOT!

As far as Gordon goes if he gets them playing well the rest of the year there is an outside chance he could stick.

Depends on if they truly have their minds made up on Q or not.

Gordon has done pretty decent i think so far. He has seemed to turn the PK around. I love the way he encouraged Lappy.

Seems like he took the hint. Now if he can just do the same to Knobby and his power play units.

Q8MHUJi.gif

5 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

What is up bud. Don't see you around here much. Happy holidays.

As far as them making the playoffs that might be a huge task still considering the substantial hole they have dug themselves.

They will certainly needs some excellent play and even help from other teams not playing great.

They just went 3-1-0 an didn't really make up any ground especially with the Jackets playing so damn well now.

I mean they are 9 points outside a wild card spot with two games in hand. So to make up some ground they have to win. ALOT!

As far as Gordon goes if he gets them playing well the rest of the year there is an outside chance he could stick.

Depends on if they truly have their minds made up on Q or not.

Gordon has done pretty decent i think so far. He has seemed to turn the PK around. I love the way he encouraged Lappy.

Seems like he took the hint. Now if he can just do the same to Knobby and his power play units.

Q8MHUJi.gif

Hey OR...felt bad about not posting Eagles stuff with you. I only have this phone...and I cant type worth a damn on it...this post took me 4 times the time a computer would have...lol.

28 minutes ago, jammer2 said:

Hey OR...felt bad about not posting Eagles stuff with you. I only have this phone...and I cant type worth a damn on it...this post took me 4 times the time a computer would have...lol.

Damn they win the Super Bowl and you fall off the face of the earth.

It's all good.

This year has been a rough year for them.

No worries.

Yeah I know typing on a phone can be challenging.

I miss having someone post some positive stuff about them.

I still have @ruxpin but he is always doom and gloom fire everyone all the time, his next positive post will be his first.

Ah he may be still mad at me from me busting his balls about fantasy sports.

No matter ya still my boy. Rux too.

Happy holidays and stay safe.

On 12/24/2018 at 4:17 PM, OccamsRazor said:

Damn they win the Super Bowl and you fall off the face of the earth.

It's all good.

This year has been a rough year for them.

No worries.

Yeah I know typing on a phone can be challenging.

I miss having someone post some positive stuff about them.

I still have @ruxpin but he is always doom and gloom fire everyone all the time, his next positive post will be his first.

Ah he may be still mad at me from me busting his balls about fantasy sports.

No matter ya still my boy. Rux too.

Happy holidays and stay safe.

Working on getting a keyboard for the phone...we will be able to chat about the draft at least. Looks like I was not wrong wishing for VanDeresche...the boys huge LB, huh?

1 hour ago, jammer2 said:

Working on getting a keyboard for the phone...we will be able to chat about the draft at least. Looks like I was not wrong wishing for VanDeresche...the boys huge LB, huh?

Yeah unfortunately he looks like a good pick for the Cowboys.

However the Eagles got a very nice weapon in Goedert. 

To bad the Eagles brain trust isn't smart enough to take advantage of mismatches Ertz and Goedert could present to defenses.

Imagine if Bill Belichick had Ertz and Goedert at his and Tom Brady's disposal.

Anyways enough about the Eagles.

I hope the Flyers dump some passengers they still have on this club by the end of the year.

I'm torn on wanting them to suck and not make the playoffs so they can get Quenneville or make the playoffs and keep Gordon.

I guess I want what is best for the team going forward.

Archived