Wild vs. Jets 12/29/18 @ 3:00PM CST at MTS Centre

CreaseAndAssist

1 minute ago, rottenrefs said:

When all the young guys are expected to "step up" while all the vets coast... (Insert name here) goaltenders are supposed to walk on water.

It's the mentality up here. If 4-5 players earning half the salary cap can't score if they're grandma's life was on the line... Then it's up to the other 16 players dividing up the rest of the salary cap to carry the team.

^ And half of them seeing high percentage scoring chances better pass the puck to the $$ guys or else. It's in the water.

Look at all the hell Kunin saw last game for passing the puck to Parise. Now skating in today he didn't pass the puck to Parise, instead he took a foolishly lame 40 foot shot. That too is the norm of 'what's in the water.' It's beyond nerve wracking.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

The concourse in Winnipeg is horribly small and narrow. If you hate crowded places, I suggest never going there. Besides, the Canadian border patrol at the Pembina crossing LOVE to tear American cars apart and turn a simple crossing into a 2-hour pit-stop on the prairie.

If the Wild can kick their ass in their building, I wouldn't care if I had to crawl through a tin can to get in.

(Why is this important?)

Just now, rottenrefs said:

If the Wild can kick their ass in their building, I wouldn't care if I had to crawl through a tin can to get in.

(Why is this important?)

It's just odd for a new area to feel like you're packed into a sardine can.....and when you walk with a cane like I do, you feel like a walking accident waiting to happen.

Just now, MNSOTA said:

It's just odd for a new area to feel like you're packed into a sardine can.....and when you walk with a cane like I do, you feel like a walking accident waiting to happen.

We'll get you in there if we have to carry you. :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

I grew up and still live on the frozen prairies stretching and separating Winnipeg and MplsSt.Paul. Attended games at old Winnipeg Arena as well as Met Center. Going to be a crazy Canadian matinee game. If Wild can't beat em today, they can't in May. Drop the puck already.  

2 minutes ago, Icechipper said:

I grew up and still live on the frozen prairies stretching and separating Winnipeg and MplsSt.Paul. Attended games at old Winnipeg Arena as well as Met Center. Going to be a crazy Canadian matinee game. If Wild can't beat em today, they can't in May. Drop the puck already.  

The game started at 3 and the 2nd period just ended 

44 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

With the lack of scoring, Dubnyk has to be much better than he's been playing. He's not tracking the puck like he used to. He's letting in softies. When your skaters can only manage 1-2 goals, he needs to be the ultimate last line of defense.

There is only a handful of goalies who have played 25 or more games who have a better GAA than Dubnyk.  (Rinne, Andersen, Gibson and Hutton)  I'd say he is doing his job.  He gives up 2 or less goals on most nights and that is enough to give your team a chance to win, that is basically all you can ask of your goalie.  Of course, there are those game-saving saves, but he does do that.  The Wild's issues aren't in net.  If he was having a league average year the Wild would probably be sitting at the bottom of the central division.

Just now, bbgarnett said:

@MNSOTA yeah I missed that part

I think it was Parise that was held up along the near boards.....whoever it was, was in position to clear but when he tried to utilize his stick, we was unable to and had to work to pull his stick away.

Archived