Brayden Schenn playoff eyetest

mojo1917

I think he looks good...the puck is following him in this series vs the Stars, he's playing physically,  i am glad he's having some success in St Louis.

I don't know if he was ever going to get the kind of  opportunity here he got there.  I know he was here a while, seems like they stuck him in the pivot and let him be.

Well my eyeball test sees 1 goal in 8 games and that says turrible...it's all about production and winning...and I just don't see the production.

He is what I knew he was a hot and cold here and there players...you never know what which one will show up.

Glad he is gone.

I look forward to Farabee and Frost in the near future for the Flyers...

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

Well my eyeball test sees 1 goal in 8 games and that says turrible...it's all about production and winning...and I just don't see the production.

He is what I knew he was a hot and cold here and there players...you never know what which one will show up.

Glad he is gone.

I look forward to Farabee and Frost in the near future for the Flyers...

I think you are being a bit rough on him and I do not believe you are glad he is gone. He is one of those guys that does the dirty work for guys like Teresenko who is a more skilled scorer.  His impact will be felt before this series ends and before this playoffs ends.

27 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I think you are being a bit rough on him and I do not believe you are glad he is gone. He is one of those guys that does the dirty work for guys like Teresenko who is a more skilled scorer.  His impact will be felt before this series ends and before this playoffs ends.

The trade is a "win now" for the Blues and hopefully a "win later" for the Flyers....much like the Carter/Richards deals.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The trade is a "win now" for the Blues and hopefully a "win later" for the Flyers....much like the Carter/Richards deals.

I would cringe of the thought of the Carter/Richards deal if I were a Flyers fan. That was a lose/lose for the Flyers.  The Kings hoisted 3 Cups

2 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He was a frustrating player.

I'm glad he is not in Philly.

Believe or not it's not my concern.

I think he is a free agent after this year if I remember correctly.

Will they resign him?

19 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I would cringe of the thought of the Carter/Richards deal if I were a Flyers fan. That was a lose/lose for the Flyers.  The Kings hoisted 3 Cups

Philly traded Richards to the Kings...not Carter. They received Schenn and Simmonds and a 2nd.

Carter went to Columbus for Voracek and the 8th overall pick which turned out to be Couturier. 

The Kings won TWO cups...not 3. I doubt Mike Richards won them on his own. Carters best days are behind him. Schenn is a decent player. Simmonds is just about done. The Flyers still have Voracek/Couturier and 2 excellent prospects in Morgan Frost and Joel Farabee. Plus Ryan Hartman and whatever they get for the 4th rounder they acquired from Nashville. Philly traded for the future. The Kings got what they wanted...wait until what Philly received is over and done with before you call the trade a lose/lose. Cause right now Sean Couturier alone is better than Carter/Richards.

22 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

First of all the Kings only won 2 Cups .... (please check your facts before posting such dribble)

image.png.9c6e23cbee104724dbf543d17e38d691.png

2nd of all..... Richards was the ONLY player dealt to the Kings.  Carter was dealt to the Blue Jackets and threw such a child like hissy fit by not reporting to the team, Columbus had no choice but to trade him ......  (again simple research would aid in your posting)

I didn't miss Mr. (high and wide) Carter and I don't miss Schenn.  Morgan and Farabee are the real deal.  Most Flyer fans have moved on from those 3 ........

7 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

Philly traded Richards to the Kings...not Carter. They received Schenn and Simmonds and a 2nd.

Carter went to Columbus for Voracek and the 8th overall pick which turned out to be Couturier. 

The Kings won TWO cups...not 3. I doubt Mike Richards won them on his own. Carters best days are behind him. Schenn is a decent player. Simmonds is just about done. The Flyers still have Voracek/Couturier and 2 excellent prospects in Morgan Frost and Joel Farabee. Plus Ryan Hartman and whatever they get for the 4th rounder they acquired from Nashville. Philly traded for the future. The Kings got what they wanted...wait until what Philly received is over and done with before you call the trade a lose/lose. Cause right now Sean Couturier alone is better than Carter/Richards.

That is quite a damn stretch fella. Better than both?  No way Jose.  Better than Carter, again, no way Jose

• Uggh... 1

12 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

That is quite a damn stretch fella. Better than both?  No way Jose.  Better than Carter, again, no way Jose

HJ,

Do you do any research at all??  Just curious .....  If you read @flyercanuck post a little bit harder you will notice the words ....

"Cause right now Sean Couturier alone is better than Carter/Richards."

1st of all.....you do realize that Richards is out of hockey for the past 3 seasons.....right???

2nd of all ...I will let the STATS do the talking.  During the past 3 years... Coots has OUTPERFORMED Carter in EVERY category.

AND Coots is 8 years younger than Carter ....so yes!  Right now I will take Coots over Richards and Carter everyday of the week.  Again a little research would help you.

image.thumb.png.91ad820a6662c3be8f57ad999188182e.png

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

HJ,

Do you do any research at all??  Just curious .....  If you read @flyercanuck post a little bit harder you will notice the words ....

"Cause right now Sean Couturier alone is better than Carter/Richards."

1st of all.....you do realize that Richards is out of hockey for the past 3 seasons.....right???

2nd of all ...I will let the STATS do the talking.  During the past 3 years... Coots has OUTPERFORMED Carter in EVERY category.

AND Coots is 8 years younger than Carter ....so yes!  Right now I will take Coots over Richards and Carter everyday of the week.  Again a little research would help you.

image.thumb.png.91ad820a6662c3be8f57ad999188182e.png

Ok sure his recent numbers are great.  Damn good player.  Buts I am not talking about Carter over the last 2-3 years.  Go back 4-5 years ago and compare.  Good luck with that

Not in the same age range obviously.  Carter was a hell of a player and so was Richards and yes I know he is done

Edited by Hockey Junkie

Just now, Hockey Junkie said:

Ok sure his recent numbers are great.  Damn good player.  Buts I am not talking about Carter over the last 2-3 years.  Go back 4-5 years ago and compare.  Good luck with that

Jeezus HJ..... you quoted FC when he is said right now .... no were did he mention about 4-5 years ago (SMH) 

if we go back 5 years ago Coots was only in his 3rd year of the league playing on the 3rd line.

You CANNOT compare a 3rd year player to an 11 year Vet playing on the 1st or 2nd line. You can't and it is stupid to try to make that comparison.  Two players with completely different roles on there teams. Again (SMH)

26 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Jeezus HJ..... you quoted FC when he is said right now .... no were did he mention about 4-5 years ago (SMH) 

if we go back 5 years ago Coots was only in his 3rd year of the league playing on the 3rd line.

You CANNOT compare a 3rd year player to an 11 year Vet playing on the 1st or 2nd line. You can't and it is stupid to try to make that comparison.  Two players with completely different roles on there teams. Again (SMH)

Im only saying the Flyers in hindsight, made a big mistake trading Carter.  Just like my Sabres did trading O'Reilly.  In fact ours was more blatantly stupid

PS, Ill bet you are cheering for Dallas right?

Edited by Hockey Junkie

34 minutes ago, Hockey Junkie said:

PS, Ill bet you are cheering for Dallas right?

I'm cheering for Dallas not because I am anti-HJ or anti-Blues or anti-Schenn.....

My bracket is so busted and blown up and this years NHL playoffs are so wacko ....why not go with four (4) Wild Card Teams in the Conference Finals .... :cheers:

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Im only saying the Flyers in hindsight, made a big mistake trading Carter.

HTF do you get that??

They turned Carter into Couturier and Voracek and a 3rd round pick.

That is a awesome return.

If they win a Cup with those two then we'll see.