Minnesota Wild vs. Ottawa Senators 10/14/19 @ NOON

CreaseAndAssist

Here is what I found

Why do we celebrate Columbus Day?

The first Columbus Day celebration recorded in the United States was in New York on October 12th, 1792, held  to honor Italian-American heritage. President Franklin Delano Roosevelt in 1937 proclaimed October 12th to be Columbus Day, a national holiday. In 1971, the holiday date was changed to the second Monday in October.

For various reasons, many places have changed the name of the holiday. Berkeley, California, replaced Columbus Day with Indigenous Peoples Day in 1992 to honor the original inhabitants of the islands where Columbus landed.  In 1989, South Dakota started calling the holiday Native American Day. Alabama celebrates a combination of Columbus Day and American Indian Heritage Day, and Hawaii calls it Discovery Day. Other countries also celebrate Columbus with different holidays; for example, in the Bahamas, it is called Discovery Day, and as Día de la Hispanidad and Fiesta Nacional in Spain.

6 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

go vikes go😉

Being I’m an Eagles fan because of a nephew on the team they can make any QB look like Joe Montana. I’ve never seen a worse defensive backfield. By the way I grew up a Vikes fan and still am unless of course they are playing the Eagles. Heading to Philly Wednesday to help my daughter move there for her new LPGA job. Going to a Flyers/Stars game Saturday night 

• Like 1

Just now, Jimtown guy said:

Being I’m an Eagles fan because of a nephew on the team they can make any QB look like Joe Montana. I’ve never seen a worse defensive backfield. By the way I grew up a Vikes fan and still am unless of course they are playing the Eagles. Heading to Philly Wednesday to help my daughter move there for her new LPGA job. Going to a Flyers/Stars game Saturday night 

LPGA meaning the Ladies Professional Golf Association I presume.

I know there's a risk of injury to try and screen the goaltender, but it would be nice if our forwards would actually obscure the sight lines of the opposing goaltenders. The d-men are getting some nice blasts on goal, but Anderson is able to clearly see them. 

3 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

LPGA meaning the Ladies Professional Golf Association I presume.

Yes. She worked the tourney in Chaska this summer. She’s head of the volunteers which were 1500 strong. She will be in Philly until August then probably Maryland after if it’s what she wants to continue to do 

• Like 1

Just now, bbgarnett said:

LOL all we try to do on the PP is feed Dumba or Hunt,  seriously  I mean there are guys on the ice too.

Well when only the d-men seem to score, it seems like the best recipe for success.

Just now, wildstars95 said:

wild and sen's could be in the running for the first overall pick for nhl draft

I was just thinking "these two teams won't make the playoffs". Intensity or the lack of, quality of passes, overall speed are just laughable...

4 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

To bad it’s a lottery. I could see the Wild being last in the league and end up picking 4th or something like that 

Kind of like what happened to the Avs with the Matt Duchene trade...get Ottawa's #1 pick, Ottawa is the worst team in the league, and the lottery ends up dropping the Avs from Jack Hughes or Kaapo Kahkonen to Bowen Byram...