Wild vs. Blues 11/2/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

8 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Only a Wild player can be run into by the goalie outside the paint and be called for goalie interference...

Almost like Football with a flag every other play.

Make the blue paint mean something again. I have to agree with Walz on fair game if the goalie steps out.

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Almost like Football with a flag every other play.

Make the blue paint mean something again. I have to agree with Walz on fair game if the goalie steps out.

They should make it like European hockey. If you’re in the paint, goaltender interference. If you’re outside, no interference...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Hey, I was carrying on a conversation by myself for a good ten minutes...

I know.  I was trying to help you out.  4-5 unanswered posts of your in a row.  I talk to myself often; and multiple post with an echo here this year.  Didn't think I would have to do it here when we all first joined from old board - always seemed like some enjoyable hockey (sometimes food) banter.  No longer have my season tix, so try to watch while on the board now...

No Goal Call Looms Large in Wild's 4-3 OT loss to Blues

Pretty predictable ending in this one.  Weak goaltender interference call along with Blais' tackle non-call proved to turn this game into another loss for the Wild.  I have a ton of extras to go along with the game recap...enjoy.  

I guess the good news is that I can scour Central Scouting to see who we MIGHT have a chance to draft as this 💩 show continues.  It just isn't a very deep draft, so we need some luck.  Still just SMH that we continue to roll out 9 and 11 on consecutive shifts in OT when they cannot skate, and have virtually zero chance to score in an open ice (e.g. skating) exercise where skating and skill are KEY.

7 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Which contract is worse in your opinion?  The Suter deal or the Parise deal?  For me, I just cannot stand watching Suter act like he deserves all his TOI and coasts constantly, with the old limp wrist shot and the purse swing at a player breaking away.  Parise is a bit of a little bit@h, but at least he doesn't coast.  I also loathe Klyde.  This question is like asking whether you want to be eaten by an animal, burned to death in a fire, or by drowned via waterboarding - there just aren't many palatable options herein 🤢

Parise's. Parise doesn't coast yes but he really doesn't do anything other productive either. He hustles all around but nothing comes off it.

IMO much easier to try and replace him than replace Suter who plays against the top lines in every game. Despite some deficiencies, there is a overall quality in his game.

10 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Tank, tank, tank!

And it's easy since the players with the most ice time can't do anything. Koivu is god awful slow and has never been keen to score, now he only wants to make sure the opponent doesn't score 5 on 5 and he can bump his stats on PP. Suter teaches the young kids how to save energy. Parise; with very limited options in the offensive zone. He can't:

- create his own shot

- can't get by a D-man 1 on 1

- can't create scoring chances for his linemates

- dare I say pretty low hockey IQ. When he's on the ice on OT the puck is like a live hand granade to him, he just wants to get rid of it...fast.

- his shot, especially slapper, is very average or has it ever been good... whatever, it doesn't matter, he can't get shots on goal

- can't play D in OT

He can rarely:

- whack the puck in from close range

- hustle

- score in the shootouts

5 more years of these qualities at $7.5 mil. a year. Seriously...🙄

At the time Fletch made the right move, he went after big names. Now Parise's deal is backbiting the Wild.

6 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Parise's. Parise doesn't coast yes but he really doesn't do anything other productive either. He hustles all around but nothing comes off it.

IMO much easier to try and replace him than replace Suter who plays against the top lines in every game. Despite some deficiencies, there is a overall quality in his game.

I agree Parise is a problem.  His first few step quickness has left him and his body won't let him be a true net-front presence anymore.  He didn't even register a shot last night, so I am not sure why anyone...and I mean anyone, Parise included would think he's a great option for 3-on-3 overtime.  

I was talking with a guy who works with Iowa, and he said Iowa is all about being fast.  Isn't it funny and perhaps a bit sad the AHL team gets it but the NHL team is still living in 2009?  Despite the atrocious calls and non-calls...all you had to do was to shoot more pucks on Allen and you can win that game.  Allen is terrible.  But the Wild stopped skating...chose to defend...and the Blues simply had to wait for the Wild to make a few mistakes and win the game.  I am sure St. Louis was barely even stressed in this game because they knew we'd hand this one to them eventually.  

I keep thinking of that line from Miracle when Herb Brooks tells Mike Eruzione that he has plenty to worry about his own game to keep him busy.  That quote kept popping into my mind as I saw all the complaining quotes from Devan Dubnyk.  Honestly...look in a mirror and shut up.  

• Good Post 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I agree Parise is a problem.  His first few step quickness has left him and his body won't let him be a true net-front presence anymore.  He didn't even register a shot last night, so I am not sure why anyone...and I mean anyone, Parise included would think he's a great option for 3-on-3 overtime.  

I was talking with a guy who works with Iowa, and he said Iowa is all about being fast.  Isn't it funny and perhaps a bit sad the AHL team gets it but the NHL team is still living in 2009?  Despite the atrocious calls and non-calls...all you had to do was to shoot more pucks on Allen and you can win that game.  Allen is terrible.  But the Wild stopped skating...chose to defend...and the Blues simply had to wait for the Wild to make a few mistakes and win the game.  I am sure St. Louis was barely even stressed in this game because they knew we'd hand this one to them eventually.  

I keep thinking of that line from Miracle when Herb Brooks tells Mike Eruzione that he has plenty to worry about his own game to keep him busy.  That quote kept popping into my mind as I saw all the complaining quotes from Devan Dubnyk.  Honestly...look in a mirror and shut up.  

LOL. Did he have such? In the first goal he casually shoved a puck in the net that wasn't even going in and goals number 2 and three were, I don't know... easy to save?

Kahkonen is 6-0-0. Smell the coffee BB and put him in the net already! In Dubnyk and Stalock there's zero future for the Wild. Good lord, hopefully Guerin is sane and WON'T start extension talks with Dubnyk. I mean, come on!!

1 minute ago, Hockey-78 said:

LOL. Did he have such? In the first goal he casually shoved a puck in the net that wasn't even going in and goals number 2 and three were, I don't know... easy to save?

Kahkonen is 6-0-0. Smell the coffee BB and put him in the net already! In Dubnyk and Stalock there's zero future for the Wild. Good lord, hopefully Guerin is sane and WON'T start extension talks with Dubnyk. I mean, come on!!

Meh, I'd keep Kahkonen in Iowa.  If he doesn't like Dubnyk, start Stalock more.  This team is hopeless no matter who is in net most nights.  Dubnyk mostly complained about the officiating and about how that rule has been applied to him when he's had a forward camped in front of his crease as Parise was on the 'no goal' call.  Still, he didn't seem to take any ownership over giving up a few soft goals.  Boudreau indirectly mentioned the goaltending needed to be better though.