Wild vs. Avalanche 11/21/19 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

9 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild Escape With 3-2 Win Over Colorado

I tried something different with the post gamer.  I'd love to hear some feedback.  Sounded like they had another solid effort beyond giving Makar too much time and space in the offensive zone.  Full game impression. Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too!  Enjoy and discuss!  

Sounds about right. I thought the Wild did a good job of bottling up MacKinnon. Credit Grubauer or this game could have been 7-0. But the Wild have GOT to start burying their chances. Zucker had a wide open net an totally fanned on the shot. Would have made it 3-0 and probably put the game out of reach. As it was, I think they got a little too comfortable with their 2-0 lead and it quickly turned into a 2-2 tie. 

Dumba had a rough game. Rumors that he has a groin issue. The GEEK line looked good again. Stalock was Stalock. Earned himself another start. Fiala is still scared to get hit and turns the puck over too much. Donato should be in Iowa.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IllaZilla said:

Sounds about right. I thought the Wild did a good job of bottling up MacKinnon. Credit Grubauer or this game could have been 7-0. But the Wild have GOT to start burying their chances. Zucker had a wide open net an totally fanned on the shot. Would have made it 3-0 and probably put the game out of reach. As it was, I think they got a little too comfortable with their 2-0 lead and it quickly turned into a 2-2 tie. 

Dumba had a rough game. Rumors that he has a groin issue. The GEEK line looked good again. Stalock was Stalock. Earned himself another start. Fiala is still scared to get hit and turns the puck over too much. Donato should be in Iowa.

The GEEK line sounded like they played pretty well, at times almost dominant by what I heard from the radio broadcast.  Although I'm glad I missed out on the Wes Walz love fest for Cale Makar, that sounded pretty nauseating.  Almost like listening to Buccigross and Melrose talk the whole national championship game about him as if no one else was on the ice even though his team lost.  

In other news, glad you liked it.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist

1 minute ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

The GEEK line sounded like they played pretty well, at times almost dominant by what I heard from the radio broadcast.  Although I'm glad I missed out on the Wes Walz love fest for Cale Makar, that sounded pretty nauseating.  Almost like listening to Buccigross and Melrose talk the whole national championship game about him as if no one else was on the ice even though his team lost.  

The Geek line was the best line the wild had tonight. 
Does anyone think play like that should earn them a look on the power play?

Maybe if they get a 3 goal lead?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tomdog said:

I'd like to see it, because I still loathe seeing #20 spend 1:25-30 on almost any given power play.  Plus, its a chance to give the old legs some rest.  

1 hour ago, Tomdog said:

Can't hurt. The power play is not good. They are ranked 18th with a 17% conversion average. In my opinion they are too deliberate with their passing and spend too much time looking for that perfect pass or trying to set up that pretty goal.

A goal's a goal whether it goes off a players butt or a Spin-O-Rama. You don't get bonus points for prettiness or creativity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, IllaZilla said:

Can't hurt. The power play is not good. They are ranked 18th with a 17% conversion average. In my opinion they are too deliberate with their passing and spend too much time looking for that perfect pass or trying to set up that pretty goal.

A goal's a goal whether it goes off a players butt or a Spin-O-Rama. You don't get bonus points for prettiness or creativity.

That's always been the problem.  #9 and #20 have a tendency to pass...then hang onto it instead of moving it quickly or letting loose with a one-timer.  It allows the defense to move into an optimal position to deny the passing or shooting lanes and the result is a lot of wasted time moving from the wall to the point and back to the wall, repeat.  

I know I wrote the same thing back in 2014.  Yet 5 years later...same issue, same players for the most part.  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist