Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Saturday 1-18-20, 8:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Wild Power Play Strikes 3 Times in 7-0 Rout of Dallas on Hockey Day Minnesota

The team started the game by being physical and seemed to want it more than Dallas did in the important areas of the ice.  Stalock was solid, making the timely saves to keep Dallas off the board and the team was able to take advantage of some of its opportunities to pull away for its most one-sided victory of the season.  I don't know about you, but I didn't miss Koivu one bit.  I have a full game recap, Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too!  

• Like 2

Always nice to see the Wild beat the Stars. And not only bet them, hammer them.

And as unpredictable as Stalock is, I think Boudreau needs to start going with a 1A/1B rotation, or just giving Stalock more starts. Dubnyk has not looked good this season at all. Even before his wife's issues he looked off. And since returning he hasn't been any better.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Wild Power Play Strikes 3 Times in 7-0 Rout of Dallas on Hockey Day Minnesota

The team started the game by being physical and seemed to want it more than Dallas did in the important areas of the ice.  Stalock was solid, making the timely saves to keep Dallas off the board and the team was able to take advantage of some of its opportunities to pull away for its most one-sided victory of the season.  I don't know about you, but I didn't miss Koivu one bit.  I have a full game recap, Iowa Wild highlights and prospect news too!  

Thanks LIG for the nice post-game review and for the mentioned prospects tremendous progress this season. I do not remember that for a long period of time when so many our prospects such progressed in one season. 

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Always nice to see the Wild beat the Stars. And not only bet them, hammer them.

And as unpredictable as Stalock is, I think Boudreau needs to start going with a 1A/1B rotation, or just giving Stalock more starts. Dubnyk has not looked good this season at all. Even before his wife's issues he looked off. And since returning he hasn't been any better.

It was really a nice 60 minutes entire team's game with a superb 7:0 win. Out of all 7 goals I liked more Donato's goal with his individual puck's control in front of the net before placing that goal. Actually the most goals where placed above the half part of the net, but not below which is a really positive sign. Those goals more difficult to take by the goalie. Russo said that the team  did not repeat this 7:0 score since 2015 when they beat a Buffalo Sabres team in Buffalo(Jan.15,2015). If we will continue to play like the last 2 games then we will have again a chance to fight for the playoffs spot. Agree regarding Stalock. It seems he has at this moment more confidence than Dubnyk.