Minnesota Wild vs New York Rangers, Thursday 2-13-20, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

https://wp.me/p9DWHB-4oKE

Minnesota Wild (27-23-6)  60pts  5th in the Central

3.07 Goals For Per Game (16th in the NHL)

3.20 Goals Against Per Game (24th in the NHL)

22.6% Power Play (8th in the NHL)

74.3% Penalty Kill (30th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 17G 24A = 41pts

2. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 7G 32A = 39pts

3. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 14G 24A = 38pts

4. #11 Zach Parise ~ 21G 15A = 36pts

5. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 14G 16A = 30pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 58 PIM's

2. #19 Luke Kunin ~ 55 PIM's

3. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 43 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #32 Alex Stalock (14-8-3)  2.74GAA  .908%SP  3SO

2. #40 Devan Dubnyk (10-14-2)  3.33GAA  .893%SP  1SO

Vs.

New York Rangers (28-23-4)  60pts  7th in the Metropolitan

3.29 Goals For Per Game (7th in the NHL)

3.13 Goals Against Per Game (22nd in the NHL)

23.9% Power Play (6th in the NHL)

78.6% Penalty Kill (21st in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #10 Artemi Panarin ~ 28G 46A = 74pts

2. #93 Mika Zibanejad ~ 23G 26A = 49pts

3. #16 Ryan Strome ~ 13G 34A = 47pts

4. #77 Tony DeAngelo ~ 13G 29A = 42pts

5. #20 Chris Kreider ~ 22G 18A = 40pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #48 Brendan Lemieux ~ 89 PIM's

2. #42 Brendan Smith ~ 60 PIM's

3. #20 Chris Kreider ~ 58 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #31 Igor Shesterkin (6-1-0)  2.18GAA  .941%SP

2. #30 Henrik Lundqvist (10-11-3)  3.12GAA  ,907%SP  1SO

And today's theme....Dubnyk/Wild = Officer Chucho

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

I'm going to have to listen to this one on the radio. It would be an interesting game, with no Zucker, and Galc trying to make an impression. With Stalock we should have a decent chance of getting a win.

Probably, we have, but I still not sure, as soon as I did see the recent impressive NHL stats of the Rangers young new goalie Igor Shestyorkin and his previous records - OG winner,Gagarin Cup winner; 2 bronze medals in WC; a silver medal in WJC20. For many seasons he was playing for the best KHL club - SKA( Red Army) team in St. Petersburg with a superb stats. It seems New York Rangers have got a treasure during their 4th round draft pick in 2014, which was finally pulled out to the NHL level in 2020.

Here is a link about his outstanding stats during entire career:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/195577/igor-shestyorkin

Nonchalant 3rd Period Hurts Wild in 4-3 Shootout Loss to the Rangers

1st and 2nd lines were pretty much MIA almost the entire game.  But in the 3rd period, everyone seemed to want to coast and they pee'd away two power plays and the Rangers were able to claw the game to a tie.  The Wild deserved their fate.  If I'm Guerin...I make another trade.  This wasn't giving up, but it was losing focus and that can't happen given where the Wild are at in the standings.  Brodin played pretty well and I liked how Donato played as well as the 3rd line.  But beyond that...lots of passengers among the older vets.  

The Panarin shootout goal was pure crap, about the same as what I think of most of Patrick Kane's shootout winners.  St. Pierre wasn't going to overule himself...what a coward.  Yet if the Wild didn't dink around in the 3rd they wouldn't be in that situation.  I have full game recap, an Iowa Wild report, prospect news and Minnesota Boys HS hockey rankings (the final ones of the regular season).  Enjoy...

• Like 2

You'd think after blowing the previous game against the Rangers, The Wild would try hard to avoid a repeat.

Obviously history does repeat itself even uglier this time. No excuse for letting this one get away.

2nd game in a row the D has bailed out Stalock of many juicy rebounds and sliding out of position after making a save.

Entertaining yes, But there's no way he survives a PO series. (If)

10 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Nonchalant 3rd Period Hurts Wild in 4-3 Shootout Loss to the Rangers

1st and 2nd lines were pretty much MIA almost the entire game.  But in the 3rd period, everyone seemed to want to coast and they pee'd away two power plays and the Rangers were able to claw the game to a tie.  The Wild deserved their fate.  If I'm Guerin...I make another trade.  This wasn't giving up, but it was losing focus and that can't happen given where the Wild are at in the standings.  Brodin played pretty well and I liked how Donato played as well as the 3rd line.  But beyond that...lots of passengers among the older vets.  

The Panarin shootout goal was pure crap, about the same as what I think of most of Patrick Kane's shootout winners.  St. Pierre wasn't going to overule himself...what a coward.  Yet if the Wild didn't dink around in the 3rd they wouldn't be in that situation.  I have full game recap, an Iowa Wild report, prospect news and Minnesota Boys HS hockey rankings (the final ones of the regular season).  Enjoy...

You had a very good observation LIG. Panarin was playing for 2 full seasons(80 and 82 games in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 seasons respectively) for Chicago team and he was trained by Patrick Kane for doing these goals (tricky goals with a slow continuous extended puck movement) . We have seen these goals during shootouts before in our net (if I remember, Stalock was once in the net too) but we never made any conclusions how to learn/to be trained of doing this type of goals into the opposite net. 

Agree also, that we lost our perfect chance to get valuable 2 points during the last game to improve our standings , because the team lost their focus in defense. 3rd period was crucial for us and we wouldn't be in that situation to lose the game in a SO.

7 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

You'd think after blowing the previous game against the Rangers, The Wild would try hard to avoid a repeat.

Obviously history does repeat itself even uglier this time. No excuse for letting this one get away.

2nd game in a row the D has bailed out Stalock of many juicy rebounds and sliding out of position after making a save.

Entertaining yes, But there's no way he survives a PO series. (If)

I would agree.  Stalock was really fighting it last night.  To his credit, he'd make the first save but his rebound control wasn't too great and his defenseman bailed him out a number of times.  He also had some stickhandling gaffes that nearly came back to bite us too.  It was not a great game for him.  But the Wild still should've won this game.  

44 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

You had a very good observation LIG. Panarin was playing for 2 full seasons(80 and 82 games in 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 seasons respectively) for Chicago team and he was trained by Patrick Kane for doing these goals (tricky goals with a slow continuous extended puck movement) . We have seen these goals during shootouts before in our net (if I remember, Stalock was once in the net too) but we never made any conclusions how to learn/to be trained of doing this type of goals into the opposite net. 

Agree also, that we lost our perfect chance to get valuable 2 points during the last game to improve our standings , because the team lost their focus in defense. 3rd period was crucial for us and we wouldn't be in that situation to lose the game in a SO.

I am not a fan of the slow down thing, but in this situation, it was the pivot so he's skating backwards and pulling the puck back and away from the goal crease which is pure crap and against the rules.  But the league didn't care...and the shootout goal stood.  Didn't really matter though...none of our guys were burying any of their shootout attempts.  

• Like 1