Minnesota Wild @ Columbus Blue Jackets, Friday 2-28-20, 6:00pm, Nationwide Arena

MNSOTA

Minnesota Wild (31-25-7)  69pts  6th in the Central

3.11 Goals For Per Game (15th in the NHL)

3.16 Goals Against Per Game (24th in the NHL)

21.0% Power Play (12th in the NHL)

76.3% Penalty Kill (27th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #12 Eric Staal ~ 19G  26A = 45pts

2. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 18 27A = 45pts

3. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 7G 35A = 42pts

4. #11 Zach Parise ~ 21G 17A = 38pts

5. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 14G 20A = 34pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 60 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 43 PIM's

3. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 40 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #40 Devan Dubnyk (11-15-2)  3.34GAA  .892SV%  1SO

2. #32 Alex Stalock (15-9-4)  2.69GAA  .908SV%  3SO

Vs.

Columbus Blue Jackets (31-20-14)  76pts  5th in the Central

2.62 Goals For Per Game (27th in the NHL)

2.57 Goals Against Per Game (3rd in the NHL)

16.2% Power Play (26th in the NHL)

81.7% Penalty Kill (11th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #18 Pierre-Luc Dubois ~ 18G 28A = 46pts

2. #14 Gustav Nyquist ~ 12G 27A = 39pts

3. #8 Zach Werenski ~ 19G 19A = 38pts

4. #3 Seth Jones ~ 6G 24A = 30pts

5. #71 Nick Foligno ~ 10G 19A = 29pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #71 Nick Foligno ~ 62 PIM's

2. #18 Pierre-Luc Dubois ~ 47 PIM's

3. #38 Boone Jenner ~ 34 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #70 Joonas Korpisalo (18-10-4)  2.48GAA  .914SV%  2SO

2. #90 Elvis Merzlikins (12-9-8)  2.39GAA  .922SV%  5SO

3. #80 Matiss Kivlenieks (1-1-2) 3.03GAA .897SV%

So, there will be NO game preview or a post-game today due to busyness in our personal lives today. But at the very least, here are the stats for today's game. 

• Like 3

They took care of the business. Pretty consistent effort against weakened teams, as it should be. Staal's line players' combined TOI 47:46, Ek's line players' combined TOI 47:16, Galc's line 42:20 and Koivu's line 38:08. Stalock sharp. Let's see how they continue this against stronger teams. How about Fiala on that PP goal! He was like a hound dog, going after, even diving after that puck to keep the PP alive. I think Parise could be a real nice mentor for Fiala, in the sense that both have that admirable persistence when there's a chance to score.

• Like 1

Nice part about these last 2 games (I was unable to see the previous CBJ game) is all the goals were really good ones.

No garbage. A mixture of solid efforts, Good passing and some really nice shots. Fun to see.

I'm really enjoying the passing plays lately. A whole new look.

Odd thing about Parise's goal. Sure it made it 4-0 but he had no emotion after it. I wasn't expecting a chest to the glass moment but a freaking smile would of been nice. Now that makes me think of last game where he went to town on his stick after missing that breakaway. Was that actual frustration from the missed opportunity or that the trade didn't go through? 

Poor little Zachy.

I feel so bad for Brodin having to babysit Dumba. Another night of carelessness resulting in one of Stalocks tougher saves.😂 Tell me again why if we trade him, He'll become the next Burns?!? 

Did anyone notice in the Detroit game around 3mn left in the 1st when Brodin gets the puck as he was doing a power crossover from reverse to forward. That was amazing...The last time I tried to do something remotely similar, The next thing I heard from my instructor was "You Ok??" 😜

Edited by ClusterChuck
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

Nice part about these last 2 games (I was unable to see the previous CBJ game) is all the goals were really good ones.

No garbage. A mixture of solid efforts, Good passing and some really nice shots. Fun to see.

I'm really enjoying the passing plays lately. A whole new look.

Odd thing about Parise's goal. Sure it made it 4-0 but he had no emotion after it. I wasn't expecting a chest to the glass moment but a freaking smile would of been nice. Now that makes me think of last game where he went to town on his stick after missing that breakaway. Was that actual frustration from the missed opportunity or that the trade didn't go through? 

Poor little Zachy.

I feel so bad for Brodin having to babysit Dumba. Another night of carelessness resulting in one of Stalocks tougher saves.😂 Tell me again why if we trade him, He'll become the next Burns?!? 

Did anyone notice in the Detroit game around 3mn left in the 1st when Brodin gets the puck as he was doing a power crossover from reverse to forward. That was amazing...The last time I tried to do something remotely similar, The next thing I heard from my instructor was "You Ok??" 😜

i noticed the 4 points you made.....

Agree that there have been some real nice primary assist plays this past week.

I thought about Zach's lack of emotion as well.   I ended up guessing that it was showing respect to Columbus in a lopsided game.  Still agree that at least a smile was in order.   :) 

I noticed Brodin make a similar power crossover move vs Columbus.   Amazing!

And I totally agree that Brodin (and Stalock) bailed out Dumba in last night's game.  I took a double take when Russo tweeted that both Brodin and Dumba were superb.   Well....he was half right!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rottenrefs said:

Likely Parise isn't getting a lot of love from the owners sitting on the bench with him after he offered to break his no trade clause.

Maybe that's why Koivu made such a clear statement about his staying with the club, Lol...Who knows what's going on with #11 and #20 overall...So all this may have started last summer, At least with Parise. Both supposidly sold their houses but bought new ones? ...Were both approached during that time about their contracts? Maybe Parise and Suter talked about it with one another while one is interested and the other wasn't...Only way to know for sure is the old 'Fly on the wall' at either BG's office or their agents.

Sure, Parise's goal made it 4-0, But it wasn't with 3 minutes to go or some game winner. There was still plenty of game left and 4 wouldn't have been enough against the same team a few nights ago. Just that blank look as he went down the line. 😐