Minnesota Wild @ Arizona Coyotes, Saturday 3-6-21, 6:00pm, Gila River Arena

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1188981

Minnesota Wild (13-7-1)  27pts  4th in Honda West

3.19 Goals For Per Game (12th in the NHL)

2.62 Goals Against Per Game (8th in the NHL)

7.1% Power Play (31st in the NHL)

83.8% Penalty Kill (6th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 6G 13A = 19pts

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 4G 13A = 17pts

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 7G 7A = 14pts

4. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 4G 9A = 13pts

5. #14 Joel Eriksson Ek ~ 8G 4A = 12pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #22 Kevin Fiala ~ 31 PIM's

2. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 28 PIM's

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 22 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (9-4-0)  2.30GAA  .918%SP

2. #33 Cam Talbot (4-3-1)  2.73GAA  .910%SP

Vs.

Arizona Coyotes (10-10-3)  23pts  6th in Honda West

2.52 Goals For Per Game (26th in the NHL)

3.00 Goals Against Per Game (17th in the NHL)

20.3% Power Play (17th in the NHL)

82.3% Penalty Kill (9th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #83 Conor Garland ~ 7G 13A = 20pts

2. #28 Christian Dvorak ~ 9G 7A = 16pts

3. #9 Clayton Keller ~ 8G 8A = 16pts

4. #81 Phil Kessel ~ 8G 8A = 16pts

5. #6 Jakub Chychrun ~ 5G 11A = 16pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #6 Jakub Chychrun ~ 18 PIM's

2. #91 Drake Caggiula ~ 15 PIM's

3. #83 Conor Garland ~ 14 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Darcy Kuemper (6-7-2)  2.41GAA  .913%SP  1SO

2. #32 Antti Rantta (3-2-1)  3.83GAA  .896%SP

• Like 1

Watching Nashville vs. Florida. 2 on 1's,  not working as a close knit five-man unit, not clearing the front of the net. We have it good. It's only for lack of 1C and 2C that we are not right there as a contender. We should grab the points here, no problem. If the will to win is there, the points are right here, up for grabs.

4 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

Watching Nashville vs. Florida. 2 on 1's,  not working as a close knit five-man unit, not clearing the front of the net. We have it good. It's only for lack of 1C and 2C that we are not right there as a contender. We should grab the points here, no problem. If the will to win is there, the points are right here, up for grabs.

Only? Um, maybe a bit more I think.

2 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Good analysis of the goalie situation! Kahkonen has earned more starts, no doubt about it. The Wild painted itself in the same corner they had with Dubnyk. Pay too much and force yourself to give the veteran too many minutes because of the contract.

This will be Talbot's last gig as the designated #1 goalie and the Wild will be the last team to happily pay for it. 

3 hours ago, Hockey-78 said:

Good analysis of the goalie situation! Kahkonen has earned more starts, no doubt about it. The Wild painted itself in the same corner they had with Dubnyk. Pay too much and force yourself to give the veteran too many minutes because of the contract.

This will be Talbot's last gig as the designated #1 goalie and the Wild will be the last team to happily pay for it. 

Kahkonen is clearly the better goalie right now.  He is very calm and controlled, and I think he would be wasting time on the bench or in Iowa.  He can clearly play and dominate at this level.  I like our team better with him in net, too...While money considerations always come into play, I would never let that obstruct the results of the team.  Would it make ANY sense to have Parise, Johannson, Bjug or Bonnino in front of Kap due to contract?  If not, then you shouldn't do the same thing in goal (letting the $ cloud your decision making upon who the #1 is).  For me, it's an easy decision.

I love how they talk about how we got our defense got back on track last night. Like do they not understand that the Coyotes are so much worse than Vegas and that's why our defense didn't look as bad. So our defense didn't get better they just played a much worse team.

Edited by bbgarnett
  • Like 1

Just now, wildstars95 said:

the only way this game could be exciting is if coyotes go up by 8 and the wild come back and win in a 24 round shootout😁

I don’t think my blood pressure could handle that. 

1 minute ago, MNSOTA said:

LIG was just telling me that Pierre LeBrun was asking whether Kaprizov should even be considered for the Calder due to his seasons playing in the KHL. 

yeah I've seen others say similar things.

I mean sure the KHL is a competitive league but the NHL is a whole different ballgame. So it shouldn't matter if your an 18 or 24 a rookie is still a rookie. To me the determination of an NHL rookie is a player who hasn't played in the NHL IMO.

Edited by bbgarnett