Minnesota Wild vs Vegas Golden Knights, Monday 3-8-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Just now, EmptyShelf said:

I would like to see us NOT leave anyone wide open in front of the crease tonight.  THAT would be an improvement.  Clearly, Vegas can bury pucks.  I would also prefer not to lose because of Stone or Fleury...

Well Stone is out, but we barely noticed on the power play. 

**Walks in clanking a bell so as not to spook @EmptyShelf ** :ph34r:

You know, if Kevin Fiala ever learns that sometimes "less is more", he might actually be a dangerous creative player more consistently up front.

He loses the puck off his stick WAY too easily, more so if he is being pressured, but it looks to me as if it mostly happens because he is being too fancy...too many moving parts...when he is trying to stickhandle through traffic or staving off a check.

A more basic body shielding, not as much movement, simple, basic find your linemate and don't try to do it all yourself would go a long way I think.

A guy like Kaprizov can get away with the fancier stuff, but Fiala is no Kaprizov. And even with that, Kirill knows when basic is best.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, bbgarnett said:

On a food related note if any of you are looking for a really good salad kit, the Caesar salad kit from Aldi's is great. 

The poblano-pineapple guacamole at Aldi’s is also very good. 

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Here's a thought...How about Brodin anchor the PP.🤔🙃
The current group has had plenty of time to at least show some results. Does not work.

Brodin isn’t buddy-buddy with the owner. 

Good example a bit ago about what I was talking about with stickhandling and protecting the puck... Kirill was surrounded by 3 Knights, he has the ability and agility to work around them, but, used his body as a basic shield, tied up THREE defenders on his own, puck was maintained in the zone, the Wild continued possession of it a while longer.

If it were Fiala, he would have coughed up the puck the minute he was checked because would try to stickhandle through multiple defenders on his own, using no basics....would have been an easy clear/possession for Vegas.

• Like 1