Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Saturday 3-20-21, 2:00pm, Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

19 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

I'm having trouble in trying not to think of the embarrassment we'll face if we face the Avs in the first round of playoffs.

I can see the Av's passing VGK for 1st and at the same time the Wild slip to 4th. Rather play VGK but all roads will go through Col anyhow.

2 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

And why is Kaprizov used in the center of the offensive zone in PP. Behind the goal, point, boards, anywhere but center. That's where it's easiest to contain him.

AWESOME point.  It is just IDIOTIC, and I brought this up earlier in the year.  Why bottle him up when he has THE most skill on the team.  Just boobery in terms of PP structure and positioning (I didn't have a better adjective than to invent one for the level of stupidity 😜)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

Yeah and he should be punished for being alive. That guy has turned my stomach more times I can count for. What a rat.

The way things are looking, we'll end up looking at Landeskunk and Kadri celebrating sweeping us in the playoffs.

But if we meet them in the second round someone might have injured 29 and co out of the game.

2 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

LOL. They say SOGs after 2 periods are 25 - 19. Are they drunk or still embracing glues?

They were 'gifted' a good bag of ditch weed for the broadcast by CL 'to keep it close' nudge/nudge, wink/wink...

6 minutes ago, MNSOTA said:

In the spirit of my preview, I didn’t think today could be worse than Thursday. 

I think our loss was expected after their previous tremendous win and overshooting us with 55 shots. They had a courage to repeat their win. At least we should not give them a shutout.

Just now, Alexandron said:

I think our loss was expected after their previous tremendous win and overshooting us with 55 shots. They had a courage to repeat their win. At least we should not give them a shutout.

We don't deserve a goal yet. Hopefully that changes in the third.

While we always talk about needing a #1 Center, how about just a more skilled forward that can skate with a team like the Avs, or shoot like a Rantanan, or pass like a Stone (that is also not a mini-me in size)?!?  I would take that for games like this.  We always look like a clearance store upfront - a few gems, buried under a pile of undesirable mediocrity.  

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

While we always talk about needing a #1 Center, how about just a more skilled forward that can skate with a team like the Avs, or shoot like a Rantanan, or pass like a Stone (that is also not a mini-me in size)?!?  I would take that for games like this.  We always look like a clearance store upfront - a few gems, buried under a pile of undesirable mediocrity.  

We should get easily rid of the dead weight we acquired this season.

3 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

He tried to fight the guy who punched Kaprizov.

Something Parise might provide for the team (since he cannot do anything else), but alas, Parise wears a dress in/out of the locker room and some pumps.

21 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Trying to imagine the X's announcer..."it's time for some X-Cel Energy BOOOOOBERY" 😁

I actually know Adam Abrams (XCel game announcer).  Trust me, he is VERY funny, and might even be amenable to slipping something he found funny in there somewhere.  CL would probably fine/suspend him, however.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

Something Parise might provide for the team (since he cannot do anything else), but alas, Parise wears a dress in/out of the locker room and some pumps.

Back in the day Parise never drew a penalty no matter how badly he was mauled in front of the net. If he fought, he would probably be the only player penalized.

I wonder what Parise is thinking. Does he really enjoy being a sideshow bob on ice yet getting handsomely paid? Could the situation embarrass him? He must realize time has passed him or is he still in denial phase?

Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to call it a day instead playing through his current contract.

@CreaseAndAssist, interested in making a blog entry / a lengthy writeup of Parise's situtation?

Edited by Hockey-78
  • Good Post 1

Just now, Hockey-78 said:

I wonder what Parise is thinking. Does he really enjoy being a sideshow bob on ice yet getting handsomely paid? Could the situation embarrass him? He must realize time has passed him or is he still in denial phase?

Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to call it a day instead playing through his current contract.

I'd vote denial. What is worse, is the fact that time has totally made him useless. He can't skate fast enough to be even a bottom 6 player.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

We have that player, which I am talking 3 seasons in a row already - Dmitry Sokolov - huge size, huge shoot, huge speed. Why we should not give him a try? Especially for these valuable games when experience is needed. These 2 games(losses) brought our team back to the ground. Still we did not lose to them like St.Louis did - 0:8.

28 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Trying to imagine the X's announcer..."it's time for some X-Cel Energy BOOOOOBERY" 😁

I am. That makes me think of Kate Upton.

Time for some laundry again. Will you excuse me for a moment, thanks...

• Haha 3