Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Saturday 3-20-21, 2:00pm, Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

7 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

These games should be the start of some serious soul searching, but we all know how it will go: "we have to forget about this game as soon as we can and concentrate on the next one".

We don't have the 'jimmy's and joe's' we need on the team at present.  4-5 spots need an upgrade, and 5-6 contracts need to be offloaded - by ANY means necessary

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ClusterChuck said:

Enjoy the rest of your night everyone...See ya Monday. :)

Thanks to you as well. I will be hoping also for at least one win in a next 2 AHL Iowa Wild games on Sunday and Monday. I am still looking for a better shooters in our team from Iowa - Mayhew, Dewar, Sokolov, Giroux who were able to net more than 30 goals per season in their career, as well as our forward prospects from other leagues Khovanov; Boldy; Rossi; Nesterenko who placed more than 30 goals per season in their career  and I am still dreaming for signing our the best offensively minded defenseman Brennan Menell in our team too ( 3 seasons in AHL and 1 season in KHL he was one of the best defenseman in a league).  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Thanks to you as well. I will be hoping also for at least one win in a next 2 AHL Iowa Wild games on Sunday and Monday. I am still looking for a better shooters in our team from Iowa - Mayhew, Dewar, Sokolov, Giroux who were able to net more than 30 goals per season in their career, as well as our forward prospects from other leagues Khovanov; Boldy; Rossi; Nesterenko who placed more than 30 goals per season in their career  and I am still dreaming for signing our the best offensively minded defenseman Brennan Menell in our team too ( 3 seasons in AHL and 1 season in KHL he was one of the best defenseman in a league).  

Evason was a defensive center when he played. I'm beginning to be worried if he appreciates or understands the game from the offensive side of the game well enough.

9 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

Evason was a defensive center when he played. I'm beginning to be worried if he appreciates or understands the game from the offensive side of the game well enough.

Not sure about his future plans. But I said that before, most recent Stanley Cup winners were leaning towards offensive style mentality first and only after that was importance of the defense. Even the last 2 games showed that style of play - smart and continuous fast offense coming from all lines through entire 60 minutes of game was 1st in there goals. And of course, Grubauer is an outstanding goalie too. 5 shutouts in 29 games sounds impressive. Definitely, this team is a real cup contender. That is why I always have an interest for mentioned above our 8 prospects (Mayhew; Sokolov; Dewar; Giroux; Khovanov; Boldy; Rossi; Nesterenko) plus 1 more very promising forward Adam Beckman who had in a last 3 seasons 124 goals(44;32;48). Maybe our AHL Wild club also should start to build the team leaning more to the offense style instead of defensive style? Because I have feelings that for some prospects it is extremely hard to be transformed from their offensive Nature style into the defensive Nature style of the hockey play. Probably, the coaching staff in Iowa should start thinking more and more in this direction too.  Our former player Tuch bloomed in Vegas as soon as he was moved there from the Iowa. 

Some news.  Capitals rookie goalie Samsonov also ended yesterday his 9 games winning streak in his career when the team lost the game against Rangers (1:3). But Vasilevsky from the Lightnings team extended to 10 games his winning streak and pretending to be a candidate for the Hart Trophy.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

Why is the Man Baby on PP2 (does any team not know what little value he brings to PP after a decade of futility)?  Why is Bjug?  Why is Bjug taking a predicable shot on PP when 2:1 (No, Nick, you don't have THAT level of a shot)?  There is a reason why we suck when we suck.  Our hockey IQ does lack, along with our skill.  Fiala has high skill, but low IQ

And, the Ole' by old Suits for Goal 5.  This guy just flat suck$.  When I return to the Xcel, I may bring a lighter and burn a new #20 or #11 to show CL my displeasure for these two dismal contracts

If your seats at the X are close enough to the ice, next time #20 decides to stand motionless in front of the crease with his thumb up his as$ while his partner does all the defensive work (which happens about two dozen times per game) how about yelling out "Hey Suter, there's a dog pissing on your skates!"

I'll knock back a cold one in your honor if it's loud enough to get picked up on TV. 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, McMahon 6 said:

If your seats at the X are close enough to the ice, next time #20 decides to stand motionless in front of the crease with his thumb up his as$ while his partner does all the defensive work (which happens about two dozen times per game) how about yelling out "Hey Suter, there's a dog pissing on your skates!"

I'll knock back a cold one in your honor if it's loud enough to get picked up on TV. 🍻

If there was a dog pissing on his skates, he'd enjoy the warmth and move even slower.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, EmptyShelf said:

C&A, for journalistic integrity purposes, please tell it like it is - he is a veritable pylon and a matador at this point.  He and Parise are IMPOSSIBLE to miss on the ice just with their sub-par play (nvm their contracts).  Their contribution at this point is just putrid.  Additionally, the Wild have NO REASONABLE options with these two for FOUR MORE YEARS.  How about an article on prospective buyouts or NBA-like 'contract dumps' for CL's butt-buddies?  I am sure some of us on the board will help you write it 😁

Buyouts are going to help too much.  #20 and #11 would count against the cap for 8 MORE YEARS if you bought them out and I wonder if they get tagged with cap recapture penalties too if they decided to retire.  

Right now, the Wild are going to need as much cap $$$ they can have to extend #97 and #22.  There are a lot of contracts in the last year.  

No one is going to want #20 or #11 and their deals.  No one is going to do us a favor.  That's just the cold hard truth of it all.  

16 hours ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Right now, the Wild are going to need as much cap $$$ they can have to extend #97 and #22.  There are a lot of contracts in the last year.  

That's a punch in the gut. It means we are going to lose some very decent players to keep #97 and thus face a risk of losing some of the most productive years of #97 because we don't have the team to support him.

Please develop quickly Wild rookies, to fill the gaps, but not so quickly we can't pay you.

On 3/22/2021 at 8:37 AM, lynxrattle said:

That's a punch in the gut. It means we are going to lose some very decent players to keep #97 and thus face a risk of losing some of the most productive years of #97 because we don't have the team to support him.

Please develop quickly Wild rookies, to fill the gaps, but not so quickly we can't pay you.

I think it is a huge headache/puzzle already for GM. Hope, he will be able to resolve it. Interesting fact , that Bill Guerin in his career is a World Championship gold medal winner; Olympic games silver medal winner and 2 Stanley Cup winner (with Devils and Penguins); NCAA Champion; was drafted in 1989 in 1st round;#5 overall by Devils.

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

That's quite a resume. I try to remember that the next time I feel he's done something not so clever. So far he's been right and I've been wrong 😳

That was his career records as NHL player, but I forgot to mention his team staff profile records - Bill Guerin is a 2 Stanley Cup winner as Assistant General Manager for Penguins (2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons).

• Like 1

Last night Colorado team was able to beat Vegas same way as they did with us (5:1). Fleury allowed 5 goals in his net on 32 SOG and was very disappointed. Grubauer stayed in Avalanche net. It seems he is the best goalie so far  in our division.