Minnesota Wild @ Colorado Avalanche, Saturday 3-20-21, 2:00pm, Ball Arena

CreaseAndAssist

1 minute ago, Hockey-78 said:

I wonder what Parise is thinking. Does he really enjoy being a sideshow bob on ice yet getting handsomely paid? Could the situation embarrass him? He must realize time has passed him or is he still in denial phase?

Wouldn't surprise me if he decided to call it a day instead playing through his current contract.

I FIRMLY believe that Suits and Parise still believe that they have GAME.  They are narcissists (see the day they brought Adam Oates onto the ice for a Wild sanctioned practice), and the whining about line-mates, PP, and TOI.  Moreover, when Suits said Kap 'was a good player' with a snarky tone after game 1 this year - that sealed it for me.  These two have NO IDEA how sub-par their respective games are at this point.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hockey-78 said:

I am. That makes me think of Kate Upton.

Time for some laundry again. Will you excuse me for a moment, thanks...

That right there, is a post that CANNOT be topped.  I tried to recommend not only a thumbs up and Good Post sign, but also a rack-o-plenty emoji (which is only available on the DarkWeb)...

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

He tried to fight the guy who punched Kaprizov.

But the extra hack after being warned by the ref is what pi$$ed me off. 

97 !!....SOG's Awesome.
Back when we were winning you heard "Any given night it can be any line that contributes". 
That's great, Except it tells me our main 2 aren't consistent like the Av's top 2 lines.
That's what make them a serious contender.

• Like 1

Just now, Hockey-78 said:

Wild 31 SOGs... oh come on! How the hell they managed to work it out like that? So badly outplayed.

They count it really differently in Colorado. Probably the free cannabis effects their counting.

• Like 1

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

But the extra hack after being warned by the ref is what pi$$ed me off. 

97 !!....SOG's Awesome.
Back when we were winning you heard "Any given night it can be any line that contributes". 
That's great, Except it tells me our main 2 aren't consistent like the Av's top 2 lines.
That's what make them a serious contender.

Yup. Kaprizov needs support.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Hockey-78 said:

Wild 31 SOGs... oh come on! How the hell they managed to work it out like that? So badly outplayed.

CLs bag of magic weed made the difference....As did the envelopes that are passed into the booth

Colorado Dominates the Wild in 6-0 Win & Series Sweep of Minnesota

IMO, the games and the scores were 100% indicative of just how overmatched the Wild appeared in these games.  It was all about star power and the Avalanche stars dominated in both games and the Wild looked slow and tired.  Suter is starting to look slower and slower.  Kahkonen gave up a few soft ones today and Minnesota was dead before we got 5 minutes into the game.  After this week's slate of games the team finally gets a break and it certainly can use it because they are looking pretty fatigued these last two games.  I have a full game recap, a Rask feature and prospect updates too.  Enjoy!  

• Like 3

Just now, lynxrattle said:

I think Russo commented on the oddness of this as well, in a podcast.

He and LaPanta talked about it a lot in their latest Worst Seats in the House podcast.  Bell Arena off-ice officials call all kinds of BS shots as actual shots to inflate Colorado's shot totals by 10-15% each game.  

1 minute ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

He and LaPanta talked about it a lot in their latest Worst Seats in the House podcast.  Bell Arena off-ice officials call all kinds of BS shots as actual shots to inflate Colorado's shot totals by 10-15% each game.  

This time it went vice versa, IMO.

1 minute ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Colorado Dominates the Wild in 6-0 Win & Series Sweep of Minnesota

IMO, the games and the scores were 100% indicative of just how overmatched the Wild appeared in these games.  It was all about star power and the Avalanche stars dominated in both games and the Wild looked slow and tired.  Suter is starting to look slower and slower.  Kahkonen gave up a few soft ones today and Minnesota was dead before we got 5 minutes into the game.  After this week's slate of games the team finally gets a break and it certainly can use it because they are looking pretty fatigued these last two games.  I have a full game recap, a Rask feature and prospect updates too.  Enjoy!  

C&A, for journalistic integrity purposes, please tell it like it is - he is a veritable pylon and a matador at this point.  He and Parise are IMPOSSIBLE to miss on the ice just with their sub-par play (nvm their contracts).  Their contribution at this point is just putrid.  Additionally, the Wild have NO REASONABLE options with these two for FOUR MORE YEARS.  How about an article on prospective buyouts or NBA-like 'contract dumps' for CL's butt-buddies?  I am sure some of us on the board will help you write it 😁

• Like 1

The last 3 minutes of the game the Wild did show some physical aggressive work, which I liked. This way how we should do for entire 120 minutes (in 2 games) against them and in the future as well. I was hoping to see during that game offensively minded Addison and Dewar,  but they were not here. There were both very valuable games for us to look for something better, to make important conclusions and to work more in practicing too. Colorado commentators said that our players completely disappeared in a last 2 games. And I agreed with their note. But they were surprised that we were able to place 31 shots towards their net vs 42 into our net. Kahkonen stopped 36 shots. Still I think we gave them a chance to place 97 shots in 2 games, which is a lot as well as a lot 11 netted goals. Our defense should do a better job in this direction.

4 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

The last 3 minutes of the game the Wild did show some physical aggressive work, which I liked. This way how we should do for entire 120 minutes (in 2 games) against them and in the future as well. I was hoping to see during that game offensively minded Addison and Dewar,  but they were not here. There were both very valuable games for us to look for something better, to make important conclusions and to work more in practicing too. Colorado commentators said that our players completely disappeared in a last 2 games. And I agreed with their note. But they were surprised that we were able to place 31 shots towards their net vs 42 into our net. Kahkonen stopped 36 shots. Still I think we gave them a chance to place 97 shots in 2 games, which is a lot as well as a lot 11 netted goals. Our defense should do a better job in this direction.

Yeah, I thought our game was actually getting sloppy in the 3 vs AZ. Not a very good tune up for what was knowingly coming vs the Av's.