Minnesota Wild vs Anaheim Ducks, Monday 3-22-21, 6:30pm, Xcel Energy Center

CreaseAndAssist

6 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

What an ugly game. Passes here and there, turnovers, lost one on one's, too many people on ice penalty at a critical time, Suter with a PP goal, guaranteeing a PP1 spot for him for the next 100 years. But they won. Thank heavens we got a practice match against the Ducks. We need to get better right now, though. Last three games makes me think we could end up being out of a playoffs spot. #97 needs that experience to know what he needs to develop.

I agree, we need to get better: to play entire 60 minutes same way as we did during the 3rd period last night; to improve our PP; to produce more ugly goals; to increase our offense out of our defense. And practice, practice and again practice to build a stronger chemistry. We have 2 solid goalies, but they need a tremendous support from entire team to protect them , especially, when we play against difficult Colorado;Vegas and St.Louis teams in our division. I also would like that Kaprizov will get more help from his teammates to raise his production, because we have an unique and rare chance to get for the 1st time in the Wild 20 years history a Calder Trophy. Colorado has 3 in a last decade, but we have none in 20 years. 

Probably, Bjugstad valuable winning goal is a good example how to be more creative in front of the opposite net. In my opinion, Colorado does many goals this way.

Actually, we had a nice record last night - for the 1st time in the Wild history we had a 9 game winning streak on home ice. Never happened this before.

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Actually, we had a nice record last night - for the 1st time in the Wild history we had a 9 game winning streak on home ice. Never happened this before.

That's a nice accomplishment, but what a Wildian way of breaking records: by winning in a way that makes one think: "that was it, if nothing changes we'll start a losing streak". I don't really believe that, though. I believe the emergence of 97, together with decent goal tending and Wild Bill Guerin, will change the team. We are going towards a better future and a Calder Trophy would be a magnificent way to celebrate the start of that journey.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

That's a nice accomplishment, but what a Wildian way of breaking records: by winning in a way that makes one think: "that was it, if nothing changes we'll start a losing streak". I don't really believe that, though. I believe the emergence of 97, together with decent goal tending and Wild Bill Guerin, will change the team. We are going towards a better future and a Calder Trophy would be a magnificent way to celebrate the start of that journey.

Here is a nice recent article from hockeywilderness about Bill Guerin plans:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2021/3/22/22344262/wild-deadline-minnesota-trade-rumor-nhl-hockey-guerin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Here is a nice recent article from hockeywilderness about Bill Guerin plans:

https://www.hockeywilderness.com/2021/3/22/22344262/wild-deadline-minnesota-trade-rumor-nhl-hockey-guerin

No to rentals, yes to picks and ruffling some feathers. Those words are music to my ears.

• Like 2