OGT - Minnesota Wild vs. St. Louis Blues 3/25/21 @ 7:00PM CST at the X

CreaseAndAssist

Just now, Alexandron said:

Fantastic goal by Kaprizov. It seems his goal waken up a little bit our team.

I wonder if Kap is close to done being too pass-happy?  He is too good at shooting the puck to over-pass.  Remember the 2:1 empty net (non) goal from a few games back?  That is kind of a sign that he is trying to make too many friends.  As a next level of improvement (minor nitpick), I would like to see him target 5-6 shots per game - no matter the circumstances.  I have seen too many blown passes by line-mates this year that might have yielded 5-7 more goals for Kap if he was just a bit more selfish.  Ovi and the best players shot...A LOT..Just my $.02

• Like 3

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

I have seen too many blown passes by line-mates this year that might have yielded 5-7 more goals for Kap if he was just a bit more selfish.  

And for others too. At least a shot can result in a possible rebound and a 2nd chance instead of a blown play and a odd man rush.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

And for others too. At least a shot can result in a possible rebound and a 2nd chance instead of a blown play and a odd man rush.

Just looked at your profile. Happy belated 60th. I join you in June when I turn 60 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Just looked at your profile. Happy belated 60th. I join you in June when I turn 60 

REAL men are 60.  The rest are snowflakes.  I ain't there yet, but I LOATHE the flimsiness of many in my generation and younger.  They lack 'sack.'

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

There was the extra pass again by Kaprizov 

That tendency has GOT to be fixed.  He could have sniped it.  Instead he tries to pass back to not appear to be selfish.  The wrong decision.  It was gift wrapped for him, and he NEEDS to take it

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

That tendency has GOT to be fixed.  He could have sniped it.  Instead he tries to pass back to not appear to be selfish.  The wrong decision.  It was gift wrapped for him, and he NEEDS to take it

Totally agree. I mean that’s the prime scoring area and he had a clean look at the net. Frustrating to say the least 

Edited by Jimtown guy

Zucc fanned on it.  He has had a really solid year, but that is what is going to keep Kap from being a Top 15 player or higher.  Just not enough skill alongside him.  I swear if he had an Ovi, Dri, or even a Boeser on his line, he would be top 5 in Assists.  He needs help from BOTH  his Forward mates - and not just periodically.  I was hoping Fiala could be that for him, but he clearly gets discombobulated playing with a player with Kaps talent - not sure why

• Good Post 1

6 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

Just a number right? 
I felt like 70 this morning after playing puck last night and having to many cold ones afterwards. They taste so good though after a good skate 

Hey, You're at least out playing still !! 
And deserve the spoils after. 😎