Minnesota Wild @ San Jose Sharks, Wednesday 3-31-21, 9:30pm, SAP Center

CreaseAndAssist

Knyzhov - another Russian player placed their goal#3.  

We badly need at least 2-3 Russian players in our team to bring more  drive to the team  like Tampa and Capitals do. Nice that entire our team was supporting Kaprizov.

Sharks Sweep the Wild in 4-2 Victory

(sigh)  Yea, I'd agree.  The team really only sells out the last 5-6 minutes of the game and tries to dig itself out of the hole they helped dig.  Kahkonen played ok, probably wanted the 3rd goal back, but beyond that he kept them in the game.  Zuccarello I guess got credit for the last goal and not Fiala but it doesn't really matter.  I see Evason changed up the lines a bit, but overall the lack of fire is disturbing.  

Suter, looking slower and slower.  I have a full game recap, a rant on the Wild's overpassing (although that was a bit less of an issue tonight), Iowa Wild game report and prospect news too.  Check it out!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

a rant on the Wild's overpassing  

"Ugly goals count as much", that's a great point. The Wild should almost have some kind of penalty for scoring pretty goals. An extra set of push-ups or something. I mean like Kaprizov's goal, it was kind of pretty, BUT Hartman did a fine job screening in that one. Without Hartman it would have been a pretty goal, and unlikely to go in in a tight playoffs game. With a punishment rule for pretty goals set in, after scoring Kaprizov would have went straight to Hartman, thanking him for saving him from scoring a pretty goal with its penalties. I'm joking here if course, but only half. There should almost be an order to always shoot as well, if you get the puck in certain areas. You can always break the rules, after all, if you're ready to bear the consequences, if you made a mistake in breaking the rule. Damn they're infuriating at times. You can almost taste the goals starting to get scored... if they just wanted to score more, and pass less...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Sharks Sweep the Wild in 4-2 Victory

(sigh)  Yea, I'd agree.  The team really only sells out the last 5-6 minutes of the game and tries to dig itself out of the hole they helped dig.  Kahkonen played ok, probably wanted the 3rd goal back, but beyond that he kept them in the game.  Zuccarello I guess got credit for the last goal and not Fiala but it doesn't really matter.  I see Evason changed up the lines a bit, but overall the lack of fire is disturbing.  

Suter, looking slower and slower.  I have a full game recap, a rant on the Wild's overpassing (although that was a bit less of an issue tonight), Iowa Wild game report and prospect news too.  Check it out!  

I agree, Kaprizov was slightly diving at the end of his fall on the ice, but Burns should not be mad on his penalty because he tripped initially badly with his stick which caused Kaprizov's fall. Burns should watch more soccer games when it happens all the time during the game. 

Thanks for giving us some prospects stats. Still the most impressing for me prospect so far this season is Filip Lindberg (9-1-4; 1.33 goals against average; 4 SO). 

5 hours ago, Alexandron said:

I agree, Kaprizov was slightly diving at the end of his fall on the ice, but Burns should not be mad on his penalty because he tripped initially badly with his stick which caused Kaprizov's fall. Burns should watch more soccer games when it happens all the time during the game. 

Thanks for giving us some prospects stats. Still the most impressing for me prospect so far this season is Filip Lindberg (9-1-4; 1.33 goals against average; 4 SO). 

I'd be annoyed too if someone leapt forward to draw the attention of a trip.  IMO, that's exactly what embellishment is.  As a veteran, of course Burns is going to be annoyed by that.  No doubt Donato and Dubnyk informed their peers a way to beat the Wild is to get into their heads by being physical, maybe even a bit dirty and they'll forget about their game and get caught up in the shenanigans.  

I agree with Lynxrattle...they seem to think they're suddenly some skilled team now.  A skilled team is Vegas or Colorado.  We're a team that has been punching above its weight with a mostly weak schedule.  That's going to change real fast the next few weeks as we get a heavy dose of the top clubs now.  All the more reason in the world for this club to simplify its game.  But instead we get 1 point out of a possible 4 against San Jose, that's just sad.  

We'll see if Lindberg can take the Minutemen to a national championship.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Alexandron said:

FIALA!!!!!!

Actually, it was a magic Zuccarello's deflection on Fiala's nice shot. I want to see these superb deflections as well as completely ugly goals every game from everyone.  Probably, those 2 (deflections and ugly goals) are the most valuable in a current professional hockey.

• Like 1