Minnesota Wild @ Saint Louis Blues, Saturday 4-10-21, 7:00pm, Enterprise Center

CreaseAndAssist

9 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Talbot should have had that.....We were out of gas with that line.  Just trap player/puck and give them resistance.  Can't let them skate free.  Johannson turnover of possession (I think) was a killer

I am not sure if Talbot should have had that goal - too difficult to catch the puck from a circle trajectory to the top corner of the net. What was sad for me - we were not able to prevent their tying goal in a last minute of the game and we were not able to prevent their winning goal in a last 6 seconds in OT.  Our team was probably out of the gas in such intense game against a former Stanley Cup winner. 

8 hours ago, lynxrattle said:

The last game was the Wild's worst ever. Just as I thought that the first period in the last game against the Avs was IMO the best first period I've ever seen.

The Blues played north-south hockey, got the puck behind the goal line and then passed trying for a one timer from close range. The Blues' commentators said that all of their goals were scored from an average distance of 28.5 feet.

We'll see if the Wild finds an answer to their approach.

Wild did some good efforts but were exhausted by the end of the losing game in OT.  Probably, they also forgot the golden rule - the best defense is productive offense . More goals in the opposite net - less chances to lose the game. Previous game we netted only 1 goal and tonight 2 goals against Blues, which is not enough. We need more to look for scoring talents in Iowa , which I still do not see here in persistent tryouts - Boldy; Addison; Dewar; Giroux; Mayhew; Sokolov.  Why Sokolov is benched in Iowa for at least 20% of games 3rd year in a row by Tim Army I do not understand ? I think the coach does not like Russian players, including Gordeev (played so far in Iowa 7 games only) even he was born in Toronto and knows English perfectly well. By benching, both players will not be progressed at all. Maybe Kaprizov needs in Sokolov for a better communication between 2 snipers and a better Sokolov's training as a professional player around Kaprizov. Even Blues have 2 Russian players - Tarasenko and Barbashev for creating a better chemistry.  Does Evason realize that? And why Fiala was benched tonight? I still could not forget how Evason said some not too good words regarding Fiala in interview after our win over Colorado team with a score 8:3 when Fiala made his 1st hat trick and his first 4 points in his career in that game. Why Evason did that I do not understand instead of saying about him only well in that game? Hat trick is a hat trick. Comparing to Parise Fiala's production is like a sky and a ground. I even not saying about Fiala's recent success in SO. I am getting more and more disappointed about coach decisions.

• Like 1

A much better game and result, but not good enough. One point against their backup goalie. Husso should have stopped Sturm's goal easily. Only two goals for. We're looking like a team missing the centres we don't have.

• Like 1