Realizing while watching Cale Makar tonight..

Brett

52 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Going back and reading the threads ... no mention of Makar at all. If anything many wanted to take Cody Glass.  Vilardi was wildly popular also .....

Then there were some in the "trade the pick camp" because of all the Flyers needs ......

I wanted Glass, but that was before Philly got the 2nd overall pick. I thought I recalled one poster, and I mean one, who wanted Heiskanen.

As for the "keep him in junior", yes there were several who thought that was a good idea.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

Yup … totally saw that. Was trying not to call out posters . 

I remember reading up on Glass. I originally was in the Patrick camp but slowly changed my mind to other choices …. One Drafted I was in the “keep him in juniors one more year “ camp.

No offense taken here. I'm one of the proud Glass fans and still think he's got great upside and would be willing to swap Patrick for Glass. I think a change of scenery would do both players well. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

I was one of those who wanted Glass. One of the younger players in the draft and did everything that Patrick did and put up similar numbers. 

Yes i spoke about wanting Miro Heiskanen but knew the Flyers were enamored with one of the two forwards and could understand them wanting Nolan Patrick at the time.

I wanted Miro because he reminded me of Kimmo when he was younger when he started playing for the Preds. He was about 25 when he started showing his savvy with the puck in the offensive zone.

His knack for flicking a wrist shot on goal and it would find its way in. Flyers were missing their lucky Finn and still are.

Maybe they can get something out of Nolan or at least flip him for something of value back if he doesn't want to be in Philly.

• Like 1