Seth Jones dealt to the Hawks!

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

interesting ... out with Keith in with Jones........

curious to know the actual details ......

They added Caleb Jones, Seth's younger brother in the deal for Keith. Kinda thought then that this was his likely landing spot. I read a few days ago that Jones might head to Dallas with Klingberg as part of the return, I thought maybe as Jones dad had played basketball for the Stars. 

Anyway, the Jones boys together on the Hawks now.

Seth Jones and the 32nd pick for Boqvist and the 12th. Other pieces may or may not be involved but that portion seems certain. Jones immediately signed an eight year deal for big money, the deal worked out up front. 

I get it from both, Jones is close to elite and the natural replacement for Keith, CBJ needs to rebuild, Boqvist is an elite prospect ready to break out this year and moving up from 32nd to 12th is HUGE. Win/win for both surprised Columbus didnt take on a forward with a medium high contract back. I really thought Strome or Kubalik would be a part of the return, of course all the details are not in yet.

19 minutes ago, yave1964 said:

Seth Jones and the 32nd pick for Boqvist and the 12th. Other pieces may or may not be involved but that portion seems certain. Jones immediately signed an eight year deal for big money, the deal worked out up front. 

I get it from both, Jones is close to elite and the natural replacement for Keith, CBJ needs to rebuild, Boqvist is an elite prospect ready to break out this year and moving up from 32nd to 12th is HUGE. Win/win for both surprised Columbus didnt take on a forward with a medium high contract back. I really thought Strome or Kubalik would be a part of the return, of course all the details are not in yet.

Steal for Columbus avoiding the 8 year commitment and outrageous cap hit...no matter who they got back!!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

7X9.5 mill

Insane money. Chicago will love his game but like Toews/Crawford/Keith/seabrook the deal will not age well. 

Final tally this years first (number 12) this years 2nd and next years protected first plus Boqvist. Columbus has to be happy as can be. 

I am not one of these guys who when a team trades a favorite I am dead to the guy, saying that I believe the term/money will haunt Chicago is not that, not at all, Jones is fantastic right now, a massive upgrade for three, four five years it is an indictment of the term not the player. Columbus got the assets they need for a rebuild, Chicago got their man. Truly a trade that helps both. I just thought for sure to balance money a Kubalik or Strome woulda been a piece, as a jacket fan I would much rather have the extra first and second.

• Good Post 1