Hart Re-signed for 3 Years

Samifan

Stay at the Montauket for $90 a night haha. Communal bathroom. Good bar. Mediocre food. Nice sunset on Lake Montauk. Fisherman’s spot. It’s prob $200 a night now that the finance frat boys ruined it all. They prob all go home with Lyme disease, or one would hope. 

Back to the topic at hand.....

I think Carter Hart will make or break the Flyers' upcoming season....bottom line.
@radoran said it best way earlier in this thread when he said he needs to see some HEART out of Hart.

Fact is, this Philadelphia squad STILL doesn't have the best collection of defenseman you can get, so Hart is going to see lots of rubber and chances go in his direction (and NOT the kinds of rubber and chances he would like :ph34r: ), so he needs to mentally get his act together, not worry about what the team in front of him is doing (nor lament any 'hanging out to dry' his defense may do to him), and just bear down, and play with the mentality like he OWNS that blue crease and owns his zone.

What he will have this coming season are guys like Ellis, Risto, and Yandle who should be a bit tougher on opposing players, even though they will still probably allow more than the average share of prime scoring chances against him.
Ellis, perhaps not so much (one of the better signings for the Flyers this off season), but for sure Risto, and Yandle who is still a smart player, but has slowed considerably.

Bottom line is, the defense and the players overall simply have to CARE.
And I know that was mentioned earlier as well, and it is really the crux of this whole thing.

Players need to care, Hart needs to play like he isn't afraid of anything, and the rest will take care of itself even if the Flyers lose games.
I know winning and losing determines playoff eligibility, but HOW you win or lose may prove better for the team longterm as it will solidify atttitude.

I think the money for Hart is about right.
He isn't some over the hill goalie or some completely unproven commodity.
He is a guy who DOES need help in front of him, but Flyer fans best hope he doesn't necessarily RELY on that to have a good season.
Hart can still put up good numbers, even with a porous defense, and even if his W-L record isn't what he would like to be.

Goaltender is one of those strange positions where an intangible like 'attitude and fearlessness' can take a player a long way.
Fans best hope Hart has that in him because I believe he has the talent.

No more excuses for him.  He either is what the Flyers need, or he isn't.....because if he isn't, it really won't matter who plays in front him.
Even with a good defense and a good season, a weak minded goalie will break like a cheap piece of IKEA furniture the minute the playoff heat gets turned up.
Guess you guys will find out what you have with him this coming season.