Don't you think Eichel would have been gone already? Season about to start

Buffalo Rick

I just do not see Adams pulling off a knee jerk reaction trade now.  He has not done it yet and I would think Jack would have been gone a  long time ago if there was any real progress on any trade.  So.  If he stays and that seems very possible now, what happens?  They MUST get him fixed.  Surgery should have been done already but that means he will miss time.  It won't be a full season but months. I came out of this surgery well, knowing because mine was severe.  One June day I felt a sharp pain down my right arm and of course not being a medic I am thinking heart attack.  MRI told them quickly it was a herniated disc at C6/C7.  That is the 6th and 7th vertebrae of the cervical spine.  For those that do not  know, the upper region of your back is the cervical, the middle is the thorasic, and the lower is the lumbar.    My back surgeon did a discectomy and it did not go great  I woke up in terrible pain in the hospital.  After giving his younger associate the films and all he went in and did an anterior fusion ( through the front of the neck).  It worked out fabulous.  This guy was sent to the children's hospital in Philly, a very well respected place like Hopkins.  I wish Jack had him.  Another doctor had suggested a plate.  I am sure glad I did not do that. You lose mobility.  I lost no mobility in my neck and this surgery that Eichel needs worked out far better than some others I have had in the lumbar spine. So if training camp starts and Eichel is still a Sabre (and my jersey is still worth keeping rather than flushing over $200 down the toilet),  then they have to proceed with one of the surgeries. I guess Eichel wants the disc replacement.  I am actually on the side of the Sabres doctors because why go so invasive if you do not have to?  They could do a bone fusion, and if it does not work out like they want, they could always go back in and then do the more invasive procedure. But the big question now is will Adams get a trade done without killing us?  He has been very careful not to get beat on this so far so I do not see this trade getting done. Not unless a team like the Rangers decides to cave and sell the fort?  Nothing less than a Kings ransom will be ok in this case.  WE cannot lose this guy in a bad trade.  My own feeling is we cannot lose him period. Bad enough they let Reinhart go. I hav no damn idea why. Reihart is the sniper type for sure. He can score 30-35 in Florida no doubt in my mind.  He is not Rene Robert or Danny Gare but he is damn good. And so is Ristolainen.  I know many of you do not agree.  I am one of the few that believe the Flyers won that trade.

13 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

I just do not see Adams pulling off a knee jerk reaction trade now.  He has not done it yet and I would think Jack would have been gone a  long time ago if there was any real progress on any trade.  So.  If he stays and that seems very possible now, what happens?  They MUST get him fixed.  Surgery should have been done already but that means he will miss time.  It won't be a full season but months. I came out of this surgery well, knowing because mine was severe.  One June day I felt a sharp pain down my right arm and of course not being a medic I am thinking heart attack.  MRI told them quickly it was a herniated disc at C6/C7.  That is the 6th and 7th vertebrae of the cervical spine.  For those that do not  know, the upper region of your back is the cervical, the middle is the thorasic, and the lower is the lumbar.    My back surgeon did a discectomy and it did not go great  I woke up in terrible pain in the hospital.  After giving his younger associate the films and all he went in and did an anterior fusion ( through the front of the neck).  It worked out fabulous.  This guy was sent to the children's hospital in Philly, a very well respected place like Hopkins.  I wish Jack had him.  Another doctor had suggested a plate.  I am sure glad I did not do that. You lose mobility.  I lost no mobility in my neck and this surgery that Eichel needs worked out far better than some others I have had in the lumbar spine. So if training camp starts and Eichel is still a Sabre (and my jersey is still worth keeping rather than flushing over $200 down the toilet),  then they have to proceed with one of the surgeries. I guess Eichel wants the disc replacement.  I am actually on the side of the Sabres doctors because why go so invasive if you do not have to?  They could do a bone fusion, and if it does not work out like they want, they could always go back in and then do the more invasive procedure. But the big question now is will Adams get a trade done without killing us?  He has been very careful not to get beat on this so far so I do not see this trade getting done. Not unless a team like the Rangers decides to cave and sell the fort?  Nothing less than a Kings ransom will be ok in this case.  WE cannot lose this guy in a bad trade.  

My own feeling is we cannot lose him period. Bad enough they let Reinhart go. I hav no damn idea why. Reihart is the sniper type for sure. He can score 30-35 in Florida no doubt in my mind.  He is not Rene Robert or Danny Gare but he is damn good. And so is Ristolainen.  I know many of you do not agree.  I am one of the few that believe the Flyers won that trade.

HJ, please mix in a paragraph once and a while so your posts are easier to read 🙏

The Sabres blew it with Eichel. Nobody is trading for a player that needs surgery and won’t be ready for the start of the season let alone a player the GM wants a big return on. At this point I would guess they put him on LTIR at the start of the season if not the entire year. I can’t see him skating for them again, too much bad blood on both sides. 

2 hours ago, Samifan said:

HJ, please mix in a paragraph once and a while so your posts are easier to read 🙏

The Sabres blew it with Eichel. Nobody is trading for a player that needs surgery and won’t be ready for the start of the season let alone a player the GM wants a big return on. At this point I would guess they put him on LTIR at the start of the season if not the entire year. I can’t see him skating for them again, too much bad blood on both sides. 

He is listed as likely for opening day!!  It sounds like he may try to play so it can’t be as severe as the one I had or he would have been rushed to hospital.  I think it’s a minor pain and if it’s too much trouble then they shut him down and surgery.  I want him to stay.  It’s fixable.  Oh, you are absolutely correct on the paragraph comment.  Sheer laziness.  Sorry.  I’ll try hardwr

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2021 at 9:03 AM, lynxrattle said:

If he really still plays for the Sabres, it's going to be quite a character test to get himself motivated. We'll see and hope for the best, for hockey's sake.

I do not understand the situation completely?  So Jack wants the total disc replacement that has never been done right?  Are the Sabres against any surgery or just that one?  Do they want a bone fusion?  I wonder what level the injury is at?  I had this injury and surgery.  I had the surgery at 39 years of age.  I could go into a batting cage after recovery.  I could never skate again because a fall would really put me in total jeopardy.  If I were in my 20's and had it done, I would have felt confident using what I had to to play hockey.  I am not sure where his injury level is? Someone suggested his is farther towards neck, or farther up.  Mine was the typical one. C6/C7.  Cervical spine between 6th and 7th vertebrae.  Anterior fusion through the front of the neck was done.  A bone graph fusion.  Some surgeons want to use a plate for stability.  But that makes you lose mobility.  Eichel should get a bone fusion if its mild and one level only?  But I have no idea of the severity or location.   I hope they get him in for the surery. I cannot believe they have not at least done the surgery already. If he needs it, I would think its up to him? Its his body.  To hell with the contract and the hockey part of it.  He should have the final say

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

• 3 weeks later...