Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Thursday 11-18-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Looks like Suits exchanged one REST HOME for another REST HOME.  But, at least the Wild have kicked out all of the laggards still hanging around; while Dallas has not even begun the process.  Great place for Suits to hide and bilk the system for more unearned $$ for a few years.

58 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Is there some kind of hidden chemistry with Rask, Kaprizov, Zuccerelo.

Does Rask do something to those 2 that isn't seen?

Rask is where he is supposed to be (predictable) and not in the way.  EEK was in the way, Gaudreau was just.....$hitty on their line in a disjointed way.  Rask is familiar and predictable, though no star.  They need a Rossi type to make them ascend further from a 2 1/2 man show.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

If Rask is what it takes for that line to work I guess that's what we will have to have until something better comes along.

I would try Hartman, Pitlick, then Rossi in that order until something works....  Pitlick has the same type of craftiness as they possess.  Could be an interesting addition, but a small group.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Looks like Suits exchanged one REST HOME for another REST HOME.  But, at least the Wild have kicked out all of the laggards still hanging around; while Dallas has not even begun the process.  Great place for Suits to hide and bilk the system for more unearned $$ for a few years.

Worse: he brought the whole Country Club culture with him, starring Nill as the president. Benn has still 4 years left at $9.5M/yr, Seguin 6 years at $9.85M/yr. The penalties are so huge in case of a double bought out that these guys are completely unmovable and glued to the team for ultimate failure.

All prospects have plenty of time to rot in the minors for years, as Bowness loves 1990's hockey and loathe speed and offense in the game

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1
  • Uggh... 1

3 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

With the way Sturm Duhaime and Pitlick are going I would wait for that to cool before I messed with that line.

I agree, but I think at some point it might be interesting to see Pitlick with Kaprizov. Pitlick seems to have some real offensive skill that might mesh well with 97. I remember the head scratching that went on when we picked up Pitlick. BG sure seemed to know what he was doing there.

• Good Post 1

1 minute ago, Math said:

Worse: he brought the whole Country Club culture with him, starring Nill as the president. Benn has still 4 years left at $9.5M/yr, Seguin 6 years at $9.85M/yr. The penalties are so huge in case of a double bought out that these guys are completely unmovable and glued to the team for ultimate failure.

All prospects have plenty of time to rot in the minors for years, as Bowness loves 1990's hockey and loathe speed and offense in the game

As they are in our division that's awesome. They will be stuck in mediocrity for years.

1 minute ago, TallyTigerShark said:

I agree, but I think at some point it might be interesting to see Pitlick with Kaprizov. Pitlick seems to have some real offensive skill that might mesh well with 97. I remember the head scratching that went on when we picked up Pitlick. BG sure seemed to know what he was doing there.

I agree with BG knowing what he's doing. So far he has had the midas touch.

• Good Post 1

8 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

I would try Hartman, Pitlick, then Rossi in that order until something works....  Pitlick has the same type of craftiness as they possess.  Could be an interesting addition, but a small group.

I was proposing Hartman for a long period of time. Pitlick , if he will start producing well this season, then he could be a Calder trophy candidate from our team.

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

I was proposing Hartman for a long period of time. Pitlick , if he will start producing well this season, then he could be a Calder trophy candidate from our team.

Pits is playing his way into the lineup almost permantly. Has a good shot at really good #'s if this play keeps up.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

As they are in our division that's awesome. They will be stuck in mediocrity for years.

Honestly, I'm almost rooting for the Stars to miss the playoffs because they would be sellers and be able to ship Pavelski, Radulov, Klingberg, Holtby, and ieven Hintz at the trade deadline and start a rebuild. It it's what it takes to convince Benn to waive his NMC...

• Like 1