Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Thursday 11-18-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

https://thesportsdaily.com/?p=1243117

Minnesota Wild (10-5-0)  20pts  2nd in the Central

3.20 Goals For Per Game (10th in the NHL)

3.13 Goals Against Per Game (23rd in the NHL)

17.4% Power Play (21st in the NHL)

78.9% Penalty Kill (23rd in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #38 Ryan Hartman ~ 7G 4A = 11pts

2. #97 Kirill Kaprizov ~ 3G 8A = 11pts

3. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 5G 5A = 10pts

4. #36 Mats Zuccarello ~ 3G 6A = 9pts

5. #24 Matthew Dumba ~ 2G 7A = 9pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #17 Marcus Foligno ~ 39 PIM's

2. #21 Brandon Duhaime ~ 24 PIM's

3. #18 Jordan Greenway ~ 11 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #33 Cam Talbot (8-4-0)  2.91GAA  .902%SP

2. #34 Kaapo Kahkonen (2-1-0)  3.08GAA  .882%SP

Vs.

Dallas Stars (6-6-2)  14pts  6th in the Central

2.57 Goals For Per Game (25th in the NHL)

3.00 Goals Against Per Game (19th in the NHL)

28.6% Power Play (3rd in the NHL)

73.3% Penalty Kill (28th in the NHL)

Top 5 Scorers:

1. #4 Miro Heiskanen ~ 3G 10A = 13pts

2. #16 Joe Pavelski ~ 4G 5A = 9pts

3. #21 Jason Robertson ~ 3G 6A = 9pts

4. #91 Tyler Seguin ~ 5G 3A = 8pts

5. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 2G 6A = 8pts

Top 3 PIM's:

1. #14 Jamie Benn ~ 15 PIM's

2. #20 Ryan Suter ~ 10 PIM's

3. #16 Joe Pavelski ~ 6 PIM's

Top Goaltenders:

1. #35 Anton Khudobin (3-2-1)  3.03GAA  .897%SP

2. #70 Brayden Holtby (2-4-1)  2.54GAA  .918%SP

2. #29 Jake Oettinger (1-0-0)  2.00GAA  .933%SP

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

The Stars are an old team over the hill, that has made itself worse by acquiring Suter. To make it worse, Hintz has not delivered. I don't know what is wrong with him.

I hope Kaprizov gets over his slump in this game. Robertson finished second in the race for the Calder Trophy. Maybe that competition from last season will wake him up.

5-2 Wild win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lynxrattle said:

The Stars are an old team over the hill, that has made itself worse by acquiring Suter. To make it worse, Hintz has not delivered. I don't know what is wrong with him.

Hintz had a rough start, and then was probably the most unluckiest player in the league: he had tons of scoring chances, either he made a home run or he demolished the goalie's crest. And if he scored a goal, it was disallowed. But things are better in the last 2-3 games, he finally managed to score.

And Suter is still Suter, but even slower and lazier. His 8 pts are quite misleading because he's a real liability in his own zone and his play without the puck. He's trying support the offense more than usual, but the result is awful. He's still serviceable on a PP 2nd unit and this would be at a 1-year/$2M deal let's say. His current contract (and the full NMC) is absolutely awful and the Stars will regret it a lot as they won't be able to give Klingberg an extension for example.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1

MNSOTA  "this is a team that should be looking toward the future with youth, but is clinging more to the past with older players."
That sure sounded familiar. :P 

Suter will be pumped up for this one. I'll bet he banks one in off our defender on a weak wrister.
Stars games have been high scoring and I'd like to pick 5-3 or so but I think we can win this 4-3.

I finally got decent internet and NHL66 comes in at top speed of 6600 kbps. 
I could even recognize Burns clearly by the gap in his teeth as he skated by last game. 🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If Khudobin will be in Stars net, I will go with 3:2 Wild win. Prefer to see focused Kahkonen in our net and entire team helping in protection his net. A must win game in front of our home fans. Every point is valuable in such a busy schedule.

Edited by Alexandron

Khudobin is in the Stars net tonight. Interesting, Robertson who was a 2nd Calder trophy candidate after Kaprizov last season is having about same points as Kaprizov (3 goals; 6 assists). He is in the first line and will play against Kaprizov who is in the first line as well. Hope, we will see a nice battle between these 2 players tonight. And Suter  is also in the 1st defensive line. It should be an intriguing game, I think. 

58 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Rem did a Kap move. Sweet.

What is interesting is that he is playing like a veteran and NOT forcing anything (22 and 97), and just taking what they give him - and if it is an open shot, he takes, and an open pass, he makes it.  Not so complicated.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Math said:

And all that started on a failed Suter rush on offense that lead on a Wild 3-on-1.

Suter has 8 pts but is now -4. You know why...

Suitless is a complete liability.  You can see it with him defensively.  Parise was the same liability when we played the Isles.  Turnovers, guys behind him.  These two should have been put on the retirement list before (and definitely after) last year.  They are NOT fast enough anymore, and their prodigious WARTS are now even more obvious.🙄

• Like 1