Minnesota Wild vs Dallas Stars, Thursday 11-18-21, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

The old 'whistling limp wrister' makes another appearance.  Did Gigi Marvin make it into Suter's will or harem?  The constant 'sucking up and lathering' on the broadcast is nauseating.  🤢

Maybe it's team orders.

Hopefully she improves or we will get Wes Walz back.

• Good Post 1

11 minutes ago, Tomdog said:

Sorry Math, I forgot you were a Dallas fan.

Don't be, I've always got that some kind of morbid fascination for lost causes. Not to mention that I'm a Raiders fan and a Cubs fan. I can't go against my DNA 😉

But I do like the Wild and I'm thrilled of what the organization did by cleaning the house. Something that the Stars definitely need (Nill is in charge for the last nine season, only to win 5 playoffs series in that timespan) but that likely won't happen in a near future.

1 hour ago, Math said:

Don't be, I've always got that some kind of morbid fascination for lost causes. Not to mention that I'm a Raiders fan and a Cubs fan. I can't go against my DNA 😉

But I do like the Wild and I'm thrilled of what the organization did by cleaning the house. Something that the Stars definitely need (Nill is in charge for the last nine season, only to win 5 playoffs series in that timespan) but that likely won't happen in a near future.

Five playoff series is........four more than the Wild, I think.  I believe we would have endured the Rest Home better with a modicum of that success

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

Good on Greenway for not retaliating.

Greenway really is a pretty smart hockey player. Not a lot of stupid mistakes.

He just doesn't seem to hustle, isn't very quick or fast, not great atributes for the NHL.

• Good Post 1

57 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Huge save Talbot.
Our PP % is sad and we won't be a serious threat until that improves a lot.

Notice how many sick passes Kap and Zucc make and Fiala just takes some boneheaded low % shot off goal?  How about his poor effort passes back?  He IS the problem often on the PP.  They need him to play less unselfish and mesh with the flow more.

I do not see much to look forward to on the Stars.  Really boring Old Folks offense, and a great deal of 'matador efforts' on defense.  They could be a long-time bottom dweller in 1-3 years.  

Unrelated, I wish Greenway would bull rush Suter in his dress and corset

5 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Five playoff series is........four more than the Wild, I think.  I believe we would have endured the Rest Home better with a modicum of that success

True, but three of the five were in the atypical 2020 bubble where nothing really made any sense. So there was one cinderella run, and the rest was a 2015 win vs. the Wild and the 2019 1st round upset of the Preds. Otherwise it was average to mediocre hockey throughout his tenure.