Couturier

Mad Dog

21 hours ago, radoran said:

Being the Finnophile I am, I have always liked the player. He had a lot more offensive side to the game before the Sabres brought in Ohmy Dahlin.

But he was never worth what they gave up for him. Never.

If they extend him at $6-7M then they are even worse than we thought. Ristolainen is not a cornerstone, $6-7M player.

Spoiler alert: they will extend him and he will be the next AndyMac...

🙄

Hey seems like he must have read some of our comments and finally brought it.

Good job.

That 8 year contract is as good as signed.

:bonkingheadonwall:

On 12/9/2021 at 7:21 AM, mojo1917 said:

It could be he's disillusioned with his teammates, the system, injured, or a million other things.

why is it always the contract?

No, you ever listen to that guy talk?

If there is one dude on that roster that ****** cares he's it.

It's something else, you're right to point to his terrible play of late.

Associating his awful run of games with his contract is a tired and lazy idea.

We are two seasons removed from Coots establishing himself as a perennial Selke winner. Now we question why he isnt still that and are willing to ship him out.

That is a mistake. He will be the next ex-Flyer to be great somewhere else. 

When I look at him then, and now, what stands out to me is the team around him. The downward spiral. The changing roster. Lackluster play. Firing the coach.

Seriously, wtf is the guy supposed to do? He's a big chip in a bag full of crumbs and is wasting away on a sinking ship.  I wouldnt blame him if he wanted out 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CoachX said:

That is a mistake. He will be the next ex-Flyer to be great somewhere else. 

I disagree this isn't giving up on 24 year old Patrick Sharp after he has only played 66 games.

This is a power forward who will be making 7.75 mill next season the first of 7 or 8 years can't remember which and will be 30.

So as some of us said they might should explored moving him and Giroux and well as we see that didn't happen.

So no worries we can bitch about Hayes till his contract is up then we can switch to Coots when he is gone.

DRINK!!!

:beer:

Edited by OccamsRazor
bourbon isn't working
  • Like 1

Good points CoachX I agree with all of them. I also agree with MadDog (and myself, back in October) that Couturier is playing like a shell of his former self. I guess this is the chicken-and-egg point in the discussion, where we don't know what happened first. Did his own "fk it" attitude produce the team that's crumbling around him? Or did the team fall off a cliff and he just joined hands and took a dive with the rest of them?

They better figure out what the hell is going on with him ASAP. He looked better last night...I guess we'll find out tonight whether that was a one-off or what.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

And THIS why you trade him before resigning him.

You do realize his next contract is already signed sealed and delivered don't you?

In hindsight you're 100% right. In the reality of today...that contract makes things a little trickier...especially if he keeps playing like dogsht.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GratefulFlyers said:

You do realize his next contract is already signed sealed and delivered don't you?

Yeah that is why I said trade him before resigning him but that ship has sailed I guess you missed my post right before this one.

They are royally fcuked now...

Ya I didn't quite follow that last one. Okay then... so everybody understands what a brilliant piece of managing that was. Couturier's cap hit will be $7.75mil every year right up until the glorious end in 2029-30.

At least he used to play like he's worth that kind of money. I think he will again. I wonder if it'll be for the Flyers.