Minnesota Wild vs Washington Capitals, Saturday 1-8-22, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

Agree. Still like to see here Rossi and Dewar too. Both are helpful too.

I don't disagree.  But, from what is obvious to anyone with a minimal hockey IQ, Boldy has NOTHING more to gain from IA, and the Wild have a LOT more to gain with him up.  If you zero in on only his passing and hockey IQ at NHL speed, he is already one of our best forwards, and is providing vets with myriad opportunities that DOES NOT source from a rookie typically.  He is VERY impressive.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EmptyShelf said:

I don't disagree.  But, from what is obvious to anyone with a minimal hockey IQ, Boldy has NOTHING more to gain from IA, and the Wild have a LOT more to gain with him up.  If you zero in on only his passing and hockey IQ at NHL speed, he is already one of our best forwards, and is providing vets with myriad opportunities that DOES NOT source from a rookie typically.  He is VERY impressive.

He is.

Just now, ClusterChuck said:

How is it Fucale still has a shutout streak when an empty net goal counts against a goalie? 🤔
How is our goal any different than that?

Probably, because he was not in the net.

Interesting, that main NHL stats screen for this game is showing a goal for Foligno, but not Hartman.

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

How is it Fucale still has a shutout streak when an empty net goal counts against a goalie? 🤔
How is our goal any different than that?

Pretty sure EN goals don't count against the goalie especially when he was on the bench.

Edited by bbgarnett

Just now, Alexandron said:

Probably, because he was not in the net.

Interesting, that main NHL stats screen for this game is showing a goal for Foligno, but not Hartman.

That's my point. An empty net goal counts against the goalie when pulled. This is no different.

1 minute ago, Alexandron said:

About 4 minutes left in the game. Team so far shows some competitive level against fully loaded Capitals.

Yea, Wild are game in this one, giving all they have, but they are basically icing half an AHL team out there against a good Caps team.

The offense Minnesota has tried to generate has been easily quashed by Capitals defenders. Some good moves and plays by some of the Wild young players, which I am sure would have worked against Hershey in the AHL, just isn't gonna get it done against NHL Washington.

Not sure how impressive Fucale really was...again, he didn't face down Minnesota's best.

1:30 left to go as I type this, maybe the Wild have a surprise finish. Only 2-1 score.