The Flyers 22-5-3 the rest of the way?

Guest CoffeehousePorcupine

I think 17-9-4 is more realistic. There are some games the Flyers just seem to play down to their opponents. If I am not mistaken I think they have more home games the remainder of the season. They are a much better road team. I think at best they finish the season as a 4 seed in the East. I don't see them being able to catch the Rangers unless Lundquist's play drops off and/or Gaborik gets hurt for an extended period.

I think 17-9-4 is more realistic. There are some games the Flyers just seem to play down to their opponents. If I am not mistaken I think they have more home games the remainder of the season. They are a much better road team. I think at best they finish the season as a 4 seed in the East. I don't see them being able to catch the Rangers unless Lundquist's play drops off and/or Gaborik gets hurt for an extended period.

Agreed on many points. I do see even a #4 finish as a stretch. Pittsburgh is playing good hockey and they are about to get their superstar back. Their PP and OK are both in the top 10 (#7 and #3, respectively) so their special teams are firing on all cylinders. No way they catch the Rangers barring a huge injury, like you said.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing them drop to #6. The #5 seed plays against the #4, and that is looking like it would be a first round match against Pittsburgh. Then again, they seem to have Pittsburgh's number in the Consol Center lately. Still, I would much rather see them finish #6 and go up against Florida or Washington (SE division will probably be the #3 seed).

17-9-4 seems pretty realistic and would have them finish up with 104 points. I just have a bad feeling the injury bug is going to continue to pile up and mess with the chemistry. I'd be more than happy with that, but like you said won't be enough to catch up with the Rangers unless Hank goes down. Doesn't help that they seem to have our number right now either.

yes....the Flyers have an unbelievably easy schedule the rest of the way i told people on the Facebook Flyers Page they would go 22-5-3 the rest of the way. Is it possible ? One guy went to his bookie what do you think

Unbelievably easy schedule? What am I missing here? Most of the Flyers remaining games are against conference rivals either in a playoff spot or in the hunt for the playoffs. With the inconsistent play that they have been demonstrating recently I am just hoping that they go .500 for the rest of season and make the playoffs which is by no means a guarantee at this point.

unbelievably easy schedule the rest of the way

I'm not sure what is easy about this schedule.

29 games remaining.

16 at home, 13 on the road (including a west coast trip of 4 games)

21 games against teams likely to make the playoffs, 8 against those that probably won't

10 divisional games, 19 not

Red Wings x2, Pens x4, Rangers x2

• 2 weeks later...