Minnesota Wild vs Chicago Blackhawks, Saturday 1-22-22, 8:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

Man...some pretty good setups, one timers, and looks for the Wild.

Unfortunately, I think many of those are a bit too "straight up" and Lankinen is seeing them well enough to make stops.
Maybe in this case Wild SHOULD move the puck around a bit more? Get the Chicago goalie less set in net?

Wild can keep at it though. 
Rather see shots get through forcing the goalie to make great saves than not get any through at all and give him the easier night.

7 minutes ago, bbgarnett said:

come on guys nothing fancy just get it on net

5 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Pretty passing ...No SOG on that PP 🙄

2 minutes ago, Alexandron said:

Agree, nothing fancy. Go on net and shoot more. 

Normally, I'd agree guys.
But Lankinen has been stopping all except one of those direct shots!

Wild need to be a bit more creative to get another past him.....but of course, they need to EXECUTE!
Those setups weren't bad (even some before the PP chance), but the execution for all players involved wasn't sharp.

Still though, with Minnesota constantly sniffing around the Chicago net, you gotta think at least one, maybe two more get through if they just keep at it.

And there they go again!
More shots (a bit more direct this time), but Lankinen is there.

Hawks' may be sagging a bit though. Wild seem to be getting a bit more time and space.
Chicago is so used to giving up leads or playing from behind, maybe they are sorta expecting the Wild to get one and they are playing NOT to lose rather than to win.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Man...Kap creating all sorts of chances for other players.

He must not have good shooting lanes if he isn't taking the shots himself.

Hawks not providing him with a good shooting positions. Thus he tries to bring our other players for a better position. And Lankinen is solid tonight so far.

• Like 1

Sincerely, I would prefer to see Addison who creates more interest on his game, especially if he will play in PP.

Our 1st PP line should be based on our 1st line Kaprizov- Hartman- Zuccarello plus Boldy and Addison.

Our 2nd PP line should be based on our 2nd line Greenway- Foligno- EEK plus Fiala and Dumba. When Brodin is healthy, then he should replace Dumba in that PP line.

I like the idea to try Sturm together with Boldy and Fiala in a 3rd line. Maybe that line will start producing more?  Our 2nd line (Greenway-EEK-Foligno) is kind of shy tonight too.

I think pretty much anyone other than Gaudreau with Fiala and boldy would be better. 

My #1 PP unit would be the Kaprizov line with goligoski and Spurgeon on the points.

There really isn't any need to overcomplicate it.

• Good Post 1