Minnesota Wild @ Winnipeg Jets, Tuesday 2-8-22, 7:00pm, Canada Life Centre

MNSOTA

1 minute ago, Jimtown guy said:

Lou is pissed

Lou has been cheap shot twice that I have seen.  Green would rather 'wrassle', as he is no Joey Kocur with the old knuckles.  Lou is clearly the 'heavy hitter', though with Greenie's size and reach, you would hope for better.  My old neighbor (NHL pseudo-goon) spent the summer on rollerblades with a speed and heavy bag to prepare for the season....Perhaps Jordan should do the same?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wildstars95 said:

moose hates lowry ...that's for sure 😀

Greenway looked better giving him a cross-check, and should probably leave the mitts in his gloves with Lowry - too good a fighter for him.  More of a main event guy best taken care of by:

629641923_AngryMoose3.jpg.840d0723f2d882c18e307e7bfec0ee06.jpg

Angry Moose.jpg

Bad news guys. When the game is played with playoffs rules, our top lines stop scoring just like they did last season. The refs allowed late hits, but they were consistent and the rules were the same for both sides. (The first penalty was an odd one, though). We need more sandpaper or experience of big boy hockey in the top lines to make a run. A JT Miller would help, but personally I would just go with this line-up and see what it can do. Maybe it's not our time yet. We'll see as the games get tougher and tougher towards the end of the regular season.

I do hope that coaches/Wild organisation do their best to stop the late hitting allowed in this game. If we play 40 games every other night with this much late hitting allowed, we will have a lot of injured players along the way.

2 hours ago, Jimtown guy said:

Got a feeling Lou will be getting a phone call today for kneeling on Lowrys head last night 

That was so unlike him too.
Part of the undisciplined activities all night.
Give the Jets credit tho, They got under our skin early and disrupted our game, Especially Foligno, Greenway and even Hartman. 
Then they also shut down the neutral zone AND clogged the entire box around their net.
How to beat the Wild 101.

Very disappointing result just in that minimal loss (0:2), because that was probably the 1st game this season when we were not able to score at least 1 goal in opposite net. Our 27 shots vs their 28 was not bad at all. Kahkonen did great in that game. Kaprizov had the most shots (7); Spurgeon had 4 and the rest of our players had 0-2 shots. In my opinion, we should always have that aggressive physical play against this team. If I remember, we played few seasons ago 1st playoffs round against Jets, and they injured few our players because we were not able to answer.

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

Very disappointing result just in that minimal loss (0:2), because that was probably the 1st game this season when we were not able to score at least 1 goal in opposite net. Our 27 shots vs their 28 was not bad at all. Kahkonen did great in that game. Kaprizov had the most shots (7); Spurgeon had 4 and the rest of our players had 0-2 shots. In my opinion, we should always have that aggressive physical play against this team. If I remember, we played few seasons ago 1st playoffs round against Jets, and they injured few our players because we were not able to answer.

That happened in 2017-2018 playoffs season. During a 3rd playoffs game Parise was smashed between 2 Jets players which broke his sternum. Then EEK was affected badly in other game by Byfuglien who was actually the main problem for many our players.

7 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

That was so unlike him too.
Part of the undisciplined activities all night.
Give the Jets credit tho, They got under our skin early and disrupted our game, Especially Foligno, Greenway and even Hartman. 
Then they also shut down the neutral zone AND clogged the entire box around their net.
How to beat the Wild 101.

They(Jets) have experience of doing this for many previous seasons.

Here is a nice Evason's rightful interview-explanation for this Foligno case:

"Image

• Like 2