Game 55: Blackhawks at Flyers; 3/5/22 @ 3 PM, ABC

Howie58

1 minute ago, OccamsRazor said:

All they can do is try and see what happens...worst case they still suck.

The obvious retort to that concept is that PP2 looks pretty much the same as PP1.

You know, last time I looked...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, radoran said:

The obvious retort to that concept is that PP2 looks pretty much the same as PP1.

You know, last time I looked...

Yeah I can't say because I haven't really watched them so I can't give an honest opinion on it other than guessing.

And at this point I really don't care to much about fixing them now...and positive play will more than likely make the clowns above think they don't still need to move the dead weight.

No let move as much dead weight as possible then after the trade deadline while they are sending the remainders to therapy then they can try and fix then.

:BrownBag:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, radoran said:

That's unpossible. #notallhisfault #legendary

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

Listen to interim coach Mike Yeo. Knowing he is likely out of a job in a couple months anyway, Yeo doesn’t hold back after games anymore. He’s blunt and brutally honest.

I asked him if these kinds of mistakes are alarming considering who is making them. And here was his whole answer, a good one:

“Every player that’s here is an NHL player and every player that’s here has the ability to make those plays. So it’s alarming regardless of who’s making them, to be honest. This is what winning hockey is and winning hockey might be bearing down getting a puck out of your zone. Winning hockey might be taking a hit to advance the puck to make sure you get that puck deeper or at the same time even if you don’t want to keep it in front of you as opposed to turning it over. These are the things we’re showing on video and will continue to show but its gotta come from them.

“That’s what it comes down to right now, we can keep preaching it,  we can keep trying to motivate, we can keep pushing it and we will, believe me. I love this group I believe in this group but they have to grab hold of this and that’s how we’re gonna do it because if we don’t have complete engagement and complete buy-in to each other.  That’s what winning teams do and we’re putting ourselves in a position where we can maybe win games. Structurally we’ve improved, but you play the game to win and we’re not winning. So we gotta be better.”

That’s some juiciness there. Basically we’ve told them what they’re doing wrong countless times and they still make the same mistakes, at some point that’s got to fall at the feet of the players and not the coaches.

https://www.crossingbroad.com/2022/03/you-got-a-choice-thoughts-after-mike-yeo-challenges-flyers-following-5-4-loss-to-wild.html

So who would have thought it could be the guys on the ice - well I never...

:BrownBag:

5 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

If that's all that guy does, none of today's professional athletes would put out for him.

In all honesty I'd have a hard time respecting a coach who's screaming and swearing like that, when he clearly can't even control himself around burritos, corn dogs and gallon cups of soda.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, OccamsRazor said:

That’s some juiciness there. Basically we’ve told them what they’re doing wrong countless times and they still make the same mistakes, at some point that’s got to fall at the feet of the players and not the coaches.

But the coaching is why the power play has sucked!

:5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

• Good Post 1