Game 55: Blackhawks at Flyers; 3/5/22 @ 3 PM, ABC

Howie58

It look like the Blackhawks are mild favorites (-110).  We are at or near the bottom of almost all statistics:

https://www.phillyvoice.com/flyers-nhl-trade-rumors-deadline-first-pick-draft-lottery-standings-analysis-mike-yeo-claude-giroux/

I agree with the article that Yeo continues to be optimistic.  Whether that is delusional or something he has to do as the coach can't be answered, but I found his presser after last night's game against the Wild to be surprisingly candid about the errors made by seasoned pros.  Losing is a bad habit. 

Hart and Braun may be out of the lineup.  

Edited by Howie58

• Howie58 changed the title to Game 55: Blackhawks at Flyers; 3/5/22 @ 3 PM, ABC

The Flyers host Las Vegas this coming Tuesday and StubHub has tickets starting at $13 for the game. Which means you can get into the half-full stadium to watch some of the worst hockey in the history of the city of Philadelphia for cheaper than it costs to get a bucket of crab fries and a soda.”

from the link @Howie58 posted

Here’s what’s disturbing. Not the $13 tix, not the description of Flyers hockey, which is all too true. No it’s “crab fries” … do I even want to know? 

1 hour ago, GratefulFlyers said:

The Flyers host Las Vegas this coming Tuesday and StubHub has tickets starting at $13 for the game. Which means you can get into the half-full stadium to watch some of the worst hockey in the history of the city of Philadelphia for cheaper than it costs to get a bucket of crab fries and a soda.”

from the link @Howie58 posted

Here’s what’s disturbing. Not the $13 tix, not the description of Flyers hockey, which is all too true. No it’s “crab fries” … do I even want to know? 

I'd take crab fries...whatever they are (I like crab) over watching the Flyers any day.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, flyercanuck said:

I'd take crab fries...whatever they are (I like crab) over watching the Flyers any day.

Crab fries have 100% zero crab.

They are fries with Old Bay seasoning.

Tiny cup of cheese sauce for $2.50. maybe more now. It's been a while...

They are trademarked by Chickies and Pete's in Philly.

Edited by radoran

9 hours ago, radoran said:

Crab fries have 100% zero crab.

They are fries with Old Bay seasoning.

Tiny cup of cheese sauce for $2.50. maybe more now. It's been a while...

They are trademarked by Chickies and Pete's in Philly.

So you're saying they're 100%? :IDunnoSmiley:

Thanks. Sounds gross.

I'd still take them over the Flyers.

Edited by flyercanuck

2 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

Meanwhile, will the O and B fall apart?

Drink every time they make a bad play....you'll be tanked by the 3rd.

I actually have it on watching a little before we head out to grab something to eat.

Cheers!

:cheers:

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, SCFlyguy said:

I’ve watched 5 periods of hockey all season.

You are a poop load smarter than many of us on the board. That includes this poster!!!

Edited by Howie58
  • Haha 1

We will be looking back at Strome's second as a living, breathing example of our full on incompetence.  Our GM needs to order a boatload of Fleet enemas and flush the squad off the face of the ice. For whatever reason, I am losing patience with this excrement. I have followed this squad for decades and never seen anything this embarrassing. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

I could smell the fear coming from the Flyers during the final 3 minutes all the way up here in Rochester, NY!

I am being 100% serious, has this team scored one empty net goal this season? I understand not wanting to take the icing but Jesus Christ try for a goal once and a while. 

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 hours ago, Samifan said:

I could smell the fear coming from the Flyers during the final 3 minutes all the way up here in Rochester, NY!

You're positive that wasn't just the lake effect smell of Toronto?

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Howie58 said:

Maybe my anger got through to them. Wow, they actually won. They didn't blow a lead. Amazing!

haha yes I was wondering too...how will the collapse happen this time? You know it will. And then...what? The won?

How about that PP huh? They execute the slingshot dealy deal. Great, that gets them into the neutral zone (usually). But after that there's no plan of attack, like it's the unit's first time out together. Same thing happens 6 on 5. Have they scored an EN all year? They certainly give up enough.

And now I guess wins do more harm than good. I understand this draft is nothing spectacular but it'd still be nice to pick 1 or 2. Scratch that. Pick 1st (for once). Flyers 2nds have been underwhelming to the least.

• Like 1