Game 58: Flyers at Hurricanes; 3/12/22 @ 3 PM, ABC

Howie58

Greetings:

We have a Saturday matinee against the Hurricanes, who are heavy favorites (-256).  I have not seen lineups but wonder if Martin Jones has been "sequestered?" He is due for a start. 

Carolina has the capacity to steamroller us, per Florida.  That said, we had a tough OT loss go-round, so we see which Flyers squad shows up.

Edited by Howie58

Just got home guess I may tune in to watch them screw the draft pick up further.

They ARE the trap game for the Canes.

Crazy how I sit here today calling the Flyers a trap game for the Carolina Hurricanes.

If you would have told that would be the case 20 years ago I would have laughed in your face.

Fast forward to today and we'll it ain't funny anymore.

• Good Post 1

This is the perfect team to show your Captain does have to be the best player offensive wise.

Staal has never been a top line player.

But he leads by example I try to forget he was a Penguin but I love his lunch pail work mentality.

Power play time can't wait.

2 minutes ago, Cookie said:

So you all are talking like a mass exit of players in Philly. What players do you think will stick? I imagine Hart, Farabee, Konecny, Sanheim, Frost, York and Lindblom are must stays. 

I will throw Ivan in there.

I'm not giving up on this kid.

I can't sorry. Not yet.

I want a guy who is experienced teaching  young defensemen with good tools to work with and I keep him.

Provorov

Ellis

Sanheim

York

Zamula

Morin 

Is a sold base to work out of.

But it needs work still. Some more grit.

I would love to have Manson to fill a hole in the lineup. But he will end up on a better team.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OccamsRazor said:

I will throw Ivan in there.

I'm not giving up on this kid.

I can't sorry. Not yet.

I want a guy who is experienced teaching  young defensemen with good tools to work with and I keep him.

Provorov

Ellis

Sanheim

York

Zamula

Morin 

Is a sold base to work out of.

But it needs work still. Some more grit.

I would love to have Manson to fill a hole in the lineup. But he will end up on a better team.

You are correct that a strong and experienced D is very important.

• Like 1

Good lawd is Yandle bad...

...you would have to send two first round picks for someone to pick of that piece of junk oh my word.

I never ever had an opinion on the guy one way or the other he never made me want him on the Flyer from any of what I remember of him.

But now how in the fcuk does this this guy get to skate every night to just ruin the image of the Ironman streak - a travesty to have to personally witness this.

Jeez this season can't get over with fast enough.

This is the type of game where our absence of scoring is almost as bad as absence of D. They just showed possession time. It is 9 mins in offensive zone for Carolina, 5 for O and B. 

Edited by Howie58

17 minutes ago, Howie58 said:

This is the type of game where our absence of scoring is almost as bad as absence of D. They just showed possession time. It is 9 mins in offensive zone for Carolina, 5 for O and B. 

Wow yeah the 2nd was like Men vs Boys out there re: possession time. But Jones looks good he's holding it down against a very tough, complete team. Through 2 he's only given up the 1, which he had no chance on. Maybe just a little help from his D would've been nice...but it was Yandle "covering" so that explains that.

Well, you can't fault Jones. Provo and Yandle were complicit. The second goal took a strange deflection. It was JVR-like from the says he might have earned some of his pay. 

The ABC coverage with different angles is good. The announcers are OK as well, much better than TNT. That said, they were a bit Canes-centric.

Chuck was on and Emily Kaplan asked about the future. He gave his standard few pieces away palaver. The announcers expressed some doubts. Yes, Coots and Ellis will be back. As what?