Listless

Guest touche22

I don't want to split hairs too much, but I will in regards to Timo. His ice time was only elevated 2 minutes a game (3-4 shifts more) in Prongers absence. Whereas Coburn played monster minutes against the Rangers (nearly half the game) and played very well I might add.

Shelley has to play to be considered good or bad for anything. Some body on the Flyer's has to move the "Occupy members"out from in front of the goalie,the present "D" men are scared,intimidated,etc.and apparently can't do what they are paid to do. Shelley is a solid heavy weight in the NHL,in order to be effective,he has to be on the ice,Lavi makes all the decisions.

I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with this. Shelley has played enough for everyone with eyesight to determine he is bad. He averages almost a turnover per shift. He sucks offensively and is even worse defensively. They play like they are shorthanded when he is out there. If he plays all year, it will be to the detriment of Couturier's development. Don't you think the reason Lavi doesn't play him a lot is because he knows he can't play??

Not sure what the D's inability to clear the net has to do with Shelley. Shelley will never clear the net either positionally or ability-wise. He is a total waste of $1.1 million in cap space.

I agree with you 100% on Shelley's offensive and defensive skills. Shelley is an NHL goon,that is why he was hired,to provide muscle.I didn't notice one Ranger challenged him,in the HBO interview he called out Dubinsky for playing like a weasel. Shelley's claim to fame is,Goonism! To do that he has to be on the ice. When anybody starts to be concerned about cap space,you might want to consider Bryz.

I just don't understand what Shelley goonery is going to do for the Flyers. I'm not talking about tough, hard-hitting, hard-nose play, dropping the gloves when necessary for the team (see Rinaldo, Simmons, etc) ... I'm talking about straight-up goonery. Considering how much the Flyers are short-handed already, do they really need Shelley taking horrible penalties. Also, if no one will drop the gloves with him (because most teams aren't dressing goons right now) what purpose does he serve? I don't know, bro. I feel the less he plays, the better.

I just don't understand what Shelley goonery is going to do for the Flyers. I'm not talking about tough, hard-hitting, hard-nose play, dropping the gloves when necessary for the team (see Rinaldo, Simmons, etc) ... I'm talking about straight-up goonery. Considering how much the Flyers are short-handed already, do they really need Shelley taking horrible penalties. Also, if no one will drop the gloves with him (because most teams aren't dressing goons right now) what purpose does he serve? I don't know, bro. I feel the less he plays, the better.

I wish he would play every game... in Glen Falls.

Well stated. I would agree with everything you said. However- you put Pronger back in there on the back line and Jagr on the top line and JVR on whatever line, everything is different. I saw what you seen too in regards to break out and transition. I wont blaim Boudon or Marshall as they did their best.

I guess in the end, I am not going to be chicken little like the OP- particularly in hanging the coach (again)..

P.S. Hitchcock has those Blues singing great notes, eh!

As for injuries and working thru a depleted roster- look no further than the penguins of last year with crosby and malkin, but still managing to finish on top