Minnesota Wild @ Nashville Predators, Sunday 4-24-22, 7:00pm, Bridgestone Arena

MNSOTA

Kulikov Delivers in 5-4 OT thriller against Nashville

Persistence, they just wouldn't be denied.  Yes, too many penalties but they didn't get too carried away with the stupid stuff and just kept battling.  Fiala continues to play like a superstar.  Another thing that I thought really helped and made a difference tonight was faceoffs.  We won 59% of them tonight.  We were not wasting so much time and energy chasing Nashville around the ice for the puck like we have in previous games.  

Hopefully Spurgeon's injury isn't too bad and they kept him out for precautionary reasons.  Middleton had another excellent game.  

I still think Talbot is your go-to option for the playoffs.  

I have a game recap an extended Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  Enjoy...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

Kulikov Delivers in 5-4 OT thriller against Nashville

Persistence, they just wouldn't be denied.  Yes, too many penalties but they didn't get too carried away with the stupid stuff and just kept battling.  Fiala continues to play like a superstar.  Another thing that I thought really helped and made a difference tonight was faceoffs.  We won 59% of them tonight.  We were not wasting so much time and energy chasing Nashville around the ice for the puck like we have in previous games.  

Hopefully Spurgeon's injury isn't too bad and they kept him out for precautionary reasons.  Middleton had another excellent game.  

I still think Talbot is your go-to option for the playoffs.  

I have a game recap an extended Iowa Wild report and prospect news too.  Enjoy...

Nice petty IA Wild commentary....

Let's see...._Wrong on Kap capability, wrong on Kap contract, wrong on the number of games needed in AHL for Boldy (hint = zero in 2021/2022 = he was ready last year's playoffs and in training camp), and you will be wrong on Rossi.....All that wasted time in the AHL and the idiotic call-ups (that have paid zero REAL dividends for the Wild) have caused a plateau for him (which I said would happen; and not playing last year probably doesn't help).   Let's see how much he holds it against BG when the time comes for a new contract and the Wild have somewhat limited funds and a player who is tired of the 'head games' and penal BS.  (Hopefully, you don't coach teams the way you dictate in an article - you would lose games and players).

In short, I am glad you have a platform to call 'bloggers' out, as you sure have changed your tune on Kap on your public platform and upon whether Boldy needs more time in the AHL, but have never come back to eat your piece of humble pie on this site; there is a word for that - cowardly.

1 hour ago, EmptyShelf said:

Nice petty IA Wild commentary....

Let's see...._Wrong on Kap capability, wrong on Kap contract, wrong on the number of games needed in AHL for Boldy (hint = zero in 2021/2022 = he was ready last year's playoffs and in training camp), and you will be wrong on Rossi.....All that wasted time in the AHL and the idiotic call-ups (that have paid zero REAL dividends for the Wild) have caused a plateau for him (which I said would happen; and not playing last year probably doesn't help).   Let's see how much he holds it against BG when the time comes for a new contract and the Wild have somewhat limited funds and a player who is tired of the 'head games' and penal BS.  (Hopefully, you don't coach teams the way you dictate in an article - you would lose games and players).

In short, I am glad you have a platform to call 'bloggers' out, as you sure have changed your tune on Kap on your public platform and upon whether Boldy needs more time in the AHL, but have never come back to eat your piece of humble pie on this site; there is a word for that - cowardly.

BTW:  Most 'would be journalists' don't call out a kid (foreign at that) on a public forum like your platform....Shows zero class....save it for a message board (or better yet, save it entirely)

21 hours ago, bbgarnett said:

Also Fleury is starting tonight not Talbot so I'll got 5-4 Preds in OT

I did not predict any score last night, because I was busy entire day with Orthodox Easter celebration yesterday: church service; church dinner after; then visit my friends late; and then my kids visited us during the evening till late evening. And I was able to watch a condensed game at the mid of the night. I would say it was an important win on a road; team showed nice character to fight till the end of the game. Fiala's goal was fantastic (his 84th point passed Gaborik's 83 points record and he became a 2nd after Kaprizov in the Wild team's individual records). EEK was superb in his fighting for the puck and his assist to Kulikov's one timer.

On 4/24/2022 at 9:57 PM, Jimtown guy said:

Dewar has had a good game so far 

Dewar had a great game. His shift on the first PK was a thing of beauty and epitomizes what the Wild have been about all year. HARD WORK!!

On the Rossi discussion, he physically wasn’t ready when he came up earlier in the season. Has that changed? (I’ll admit I view Jost similarly in this regard as it always seems he’s picking himself up off the ice) This series with the Blues isn’t going to be for the faint of heart. His time will come but unless he’s gotten more physical with his play he isn’t ready. Who would you sit to get him in the lineup? Certainly not anyone on the top 3 lines. Who would you sit off the 4th line? I’m not sitting Dewar or Duhaime. I think they have important roles to play against the Blues when it comes to grinding things out along the boards. If I just had to get him in there, I’d sit Jost. Similar players physically but at least Rossi brings more offensive upside. Jost of course brings more experience. But if playing Rossi in the playoffs is even a consideration, he needs to be here for the final 3 games to see how he performs. That just my opinion.

Edited by TallyTigerShark
  • Good Post 1