*** 2021-22 Eastern Conference Finals: Tampa Bay Lightning (A3) at New York Rangers (M2) - (TBL WIN 4-2) ***

TBL vs NYR  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Lightning continue as Prince of Wales Champions? Or do the Rangers snatch that title en route to bigger things?

• Lightning in 4. Bolts show the Ranges how a two time champion handles business. In crushing fashion.
    • Lightning in 5. Rangers show a bit of attitude and drive, but the defending Champs are still way too much.
    • Lightning in 6. Rangers give it all, but the Lightning's talent, experience, and drive for success can't be overcome.
    • Lightning in 7. Blueshirts push the defending Cup champions to their limit, but fall short of greatness...just barely.
    • Rangers in 4. New Eastern standard. And they now reside in New York City
    • Rangers in 5. NY has learned their playoff lessons well and have an answer for just about everything the Bolts throw at them.
    • Rangers in 6. Great series that sees lots of championship caliber play from both sides, but it is now the Rangers' time.
    • Rangers in 7. The Bolts thought they had their path carved to the Finals, but NY shows they have the last say on who upstages who, and finally slay the electric dragon.

This poll is closed to new votes

4th line going to work for the Lightning!

Maroon-Nash-Bellemare may not light up the scoreboard, but they take up ice time that is used to rest the top guys, and do force whomever is on the ice against them to defend....not to mention the physical punishment they dole out.

Would much rather see that 4th line out there than a sometimes makeshift one.

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

4th line going to work for the Lightning!

Maroon-Nash-Bellemare may not light up the scoreboard, but they take up ice time that is used to rest the top guys, and do force whomever is on the ice against them to defend....not to mention the physical punishment they dole out.

Would much rather see that 4th line out there than a sometimes makeshift one.

Maroon sure did light the lamp in the last game. 

Just now, Captain Lando said:

Maroon sure did light the lamp in the last game. 

Oh, he definitely chips in the goals.
But my point was, even when he doesn't, if he works a regular shift with his line, he is quite effective nonetheless.

He is one of those players you like to have on your team....you hate him if you are on the other side because he does play with a bit an abrasive a-hole edge to him!  :) 

Emily Trolplan asking Jon Cooper how his team is gonna generate offense...

Yea, Em, like he's gonna tell YOU! 😄

She doesn't have Brindy to troll anymore, so now she has to ask silly questions to Jon Cooper!
Good ol Coop though....he serves up the BEST canned, politically correct answers.

There ya go, Em... standard fare. Ya happy now? LOL

Just now, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Oh, he definitely chips in the goals.
But my point was, even when he doesn't, if he works a regular shift with his line, he is quite effective nonetheless.

He is one of those players you like to have on your team....you hate him if you are on the other side because he does play with a bit an abrasive a-hole edge to him!  :) 

Yes indeed. The Avs have two guys like that is Andrew Cogliano and Darren Helm. They are the kind of players that just bug the hell out of the other teams with the things they do even if they don't get on the stat sheet. 

1 minute ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Emily Trolplan asking Jon Cooper how his team is gonna generate offense...

Yea, Em, like he's gonna tell YOU! 😄

She doesn't have Brindy to troll anymore, so now she has to ask silly questions to Jon Cooper!
Good ol Coop though....he serves up the BEST canned, politically correct answers.

There ya go, Em... standard fare. Ya happy now? LOL

Why I will never know that these side ice reporters ask questions to coaches in the middle of the game. 

Just now, Captain Lando said:

Why I will never know that these side ice reporters ask questions to coaches in the middle of the game. 

Meh...she is just doing her job. Side line reporters are always trying to get fans into the game as much as possible with regards to what goes on in the benches.

I just like picking on her.
Last series, she ALWAYS appeared to bug Rod Brind'Amour whenever something bad happened to the Canes, but always showed up cheery and bubbly on Gerard Gallant's side when his Rangers were doing well! 

Hence my "troll" jab at her.
It's all good though.
Smart coaches realize these reporters are earning a living and just give them a couple answers and off they go.

Brindy though...he honestly DID look annoyed at times....again, probably because she showed up  like clockwork whenever a Canes player took a penalty, Carolina got score on, or things were just looking bleak for them.
Was pretty funny in a way. Brindy rolling his eyes and all...kinda like "Get out of here already!" 😄

• Like 1

Just now, FireDillabaugh said:

Meowwwwww...  😸

You really don't like Emily.  Did she try to steal your man or something?  Or is it that Joker grin that she always has on her face?  She is so "stiff" when on camera.  Looks like a terrified deer in headlights.

MUCH better play from Riley Nash in the 5 shifts that line has gotten.

Read my other post on her.
It's nothing even close to personal.

I always find someone in a broadcast to poke fun at.... she is my target this year. 

• Like 1

The 1st Period ends with no score, but the Lightning hit the post two times. 

The period seemed to fly by pretty quickly as there were no penalties to deal with.

Both teams could get more shots on the net, but I think that will open up more as the 2nd period moves on.

Both teams should be sort of satisfied with this period. 

3 minutes ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Meh...she is just doing her job. Side line reporters are always trying to get fans into the game as much as possible with regards to what goes on in the benches.

I just like picking on her.
Last series, she ALWAYS appeared to bug Rod Brind'Amour whenever something bad happened to the Canes, but always showed up cheery and bubbly on Gerard Gallant's side when his Rangers were doing well! 

Hence my "troll" jab at her.
It's all good though.
Smart coaches realize these reporters are earning a living and just give them a couple answers and off they go.

Brindy though...he honestly DID look annoyed at times....again, probably because she showed up  like clockwork whenever a Canes player took a penalty, Carolina got score on, or things were just looking bleak for them.
Was pretty funny in a way. Brindy rolling his eyes and all...kinda like "Get out of here already!" 😄

I would just think in the middle of the game the last thing that a head coach would want to see poking in his face is a microphone. 😁

The coaches however are usually pretty good about it. 

10 minutes ago, Captain Lando said:

The 1st Period ends with no score, but the Lightning hit the post two times. 

The period seemed to fly by pretty quickly as there were no penalties to deal with.

Both teams could get more shots on the net, but I think that will open up more as the 2nd period moves on.

Both teams should be sort of satisfied with this period. 

Neither team has had a power play. The Rangers power play is at 32.5%, and I'm not sure about the Lightning's success on their road power play, but I'm sure it's good. Overall, it's at 22.7%. Excellent chance the power play is a BIG factor, in tonight's game.

Edited by FD19372

4 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

The interviews are tape delayed.  So, they aren't going on while play is happening.  They've happened during the commercial breaks.  So, it's not that big of an issue.

Cooper seems to like to have fun with her.  At least he doesn't look as annoyed as Brindy looked everytime he was interviewed.

Coop's a former lawyer.... he was trained to counter troll. 😄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FD19372 said:

Neither team has had a power play. The Rangers power play is at 32.5%, and I'm not sure about the Lightning's success on their road power play, but I'm sure it's good. Overall, it's at 22.7%. Excellent chance the power play is a BIG factor, in tonight's game.

See now, if Reaves would have been in there, the Bolts would have had like 4 PP's in the first alone! :ph34r: 

• Haha 1