So Chuck, you're admitting you lied?

CoachX

1 hour ago, tucson83 said:

alright then what do you want him to do?

I agree with @flyercanuck ...would love to see him quit .but that is not happening....

see my post here ......

"I chose stand pat this year and let the kids play.  A total tank job does not necessarily guarantee you Bedard.  Lets see what the Flyers have in some of their younger players.  Let the chips fall where they fall.  Yeah, it might mean another tough season, but you have to start somewhere."

I want him to acknowledge what a cluster **** this team is and see what Torts does with this team after a year.  There is NO shiny new toy that is magically going to turn this team around.  I don't want to see this team spend boatloads of $$$ on over aged vets. 

Do I think Fletch does this ....hell no.  He is under marching orders from the brass above and I firmly believe the will try an aggressive rebuild which ultimately IMO will fail again.

I don't like Fletch and I don't trust him.   He has shown this organization absolutely nothing proving he has any inkling that he knows what he is doing ....

35 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

I don't like Fletch and I don't trust him

Nor should you. As this thread points out, he'll lie and then admit it. I agree with your assessment. I only know about this Bedard kid from what I've read on here. Maybe he is good enough to tank for. But what if you miss. You just told every other kid on this roster that they won't be good enough as a group to male the team successful. And you have the added problem that you wasted a full season of their development for nothing, and will have to figure out what to do next. 

Honestly,  I don't see how you hire a coach with a pedigree like he has, if you are planning to tank

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

Home Run Baseball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

"Youre killing me Smalls"

I like this one better than that Bernie one. However if he hit himself in the back of the head with the bat I would have been amused

Edited by CoachX
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Honestly,  I don't see how you hire a coach with a pedigree like he has, if you are planning to tank

Honestly, I don't see how you bring in Hayes on a 7 year deal if you're planning to tank. Or trade for Ellis' 6 year contract. Or trade for and re-sign Ristolainen. Oh wait...those are all great ideas for tanking. Fletcher just thought he was all in on an aggressive rebuild. 

26 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

Honestly, I don't see how you bring in Hayes on a 7 year deal if you're planning to tank. Or trade for Ellis' 6 year contract. Or trade for and re-sign Ristolainen. Oh wait...those are all great ideas for tanking. Fletcher just thought he was all in on an aggressive rebuild. 

Well, they did. I wasn't aware you were against these moves :waiting:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I agree with @flyercanuck ...would love to see him quit .but that is not happening....

see my post here ......

"I chose stand pat this year and let the kids play.  A total tank job does not necessarily guarantee you Bedard.  Lets see what the Flyers have in some of their younger players.  Let the chips fall where they fall.  Yeah, it might mean another tough season, but you have to start somewhere."

I want him to acknowledge what a cluster **** this team is and see what Torts does with this team after a year.  There is NO shiny new toy that is magically going to turn this team around.  I don't want to see this team spend boatloads of $$$ on over aged vets. 

Do I think Fletch does this ....hell no.  He is under marching orders from the brass above and I firmly believe the will try an aggressive rebuild which ultimately IMO will fail again.

I don't like Fletch and I don't trust him.   He has shown this organization absolutely nothing proving he has any inkling that he knows what he is doing ....

Tortorella is the perfect coach for this mess. If anything, he'll be able to see who can stay and who can go. His words are going to carry more weight than Fletcher's and if Torts says it needs to be stripped down and a rebuild done, they'll listen to him. I fully expect that Torts will get the organization to flush Fletcher. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BobbyClarkeFan16 said:

Tortorella is the perfect coach for this mess. If anything, he'll be able to see who can stay and who can go. His words are going to carry more weight than Fletcher's and if Torts says it needs to be stripped down and a rebuild done, they'll listen to him. I fully expect that Torts will get the organization to flush Fletcher. 

That is the way I am starting to think ...... correct  me if I am wrong, but did I read somewhere that Fletch was not totally on board with the Torts hiring and was basically overridden?  Like I said I could be wrong about that ......

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pilldoc said:

That is the way I am starting to think ...... correct  me if I am wrong, but did I read somewhere that Fletch was not totally on board with the Torts hiring and was basically overridden?  Like I said I could be wrong about that ......

No, you're right. It's why I don't hate the Torts signing as much as I hate Torts.

• Like 4

On 7/2/2022 at 10:53 AM, CoachX said:

Nor should you. As this thread points out, he'll lie and then admit it. I agree with your assessment. I only know about this Bedard kid from what I've read on here. Maybe he is good enough to tank for. But what if you miss. You just told every other kid on this roster that they won't be good enough as a group to male the team successful. And you have the added problem that you wasted a full season of their development for nothing, and will have to figure out what to do next. 

It's not tanking, its inferior hockey management. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Correct.

And, later, stated in another press conference that Tortorella was "absolutely my first choice"...

I did see that in an article I posted ......he back tracked on what he said .....

• Like 1