So Chuck, you're admitting you lied?

CoachX

Was reading about ol' Fletch discussing trading the 5 pick. Then he said this, "“I’m speaking to every team in the league, I know we say this every year, but it’s definitely true this year"

Uh, what? So it wasn't true in previous years? Nice job, buttmunch. You cant get fired fast enough

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CoachX said:

Was reading about ol' Fletch discussing trading the 5 pick. Then he said this, "“I’m speaking to every team in the league, I know we say this every year, but it’s definitely true this year"

Uh, what? So it wasn't true in previous years? Nice job, buttmunch. You cant get fired fast enough

Just when I was positive that i would positively eventually consider being positive...

Screw that

• Haha 2

@CoachX

I don't know that I think this is an incredible "gotcha" moment.

Picking 19 are you picking up the phone to try to trade with everyone ?

Probably not, you're picking up the phone for guys you're interested in or seeing what it would take to move into the top (whatever...10?)

With no 1st rounder, what do those conversations sound like? Who are you calling?

I don't know, I can't get all jacked up about this one.

I really think that "talking to everyone" line is a cliche' in a business built on cliche's

ymmv

42 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@CoachX

I don't know that I think this is an incredible "gotcha" moment.

Picking 19 are you picking up the phone to try to trade with everyone ?

Probably not, you're picking up the phone for guys you're interested in or seeing what it would take to move into the top (whatever...10?)

With no 1st rounder, what do those conversations sound like? Who are you calling?

I don't know, I can't get all jacked up about this one.

I really think that "talking to everyone" line is a cliche' in a business built on cliche's

ymmv

I pretty much assumed what you are saying here. I just found it interesting,  if you think back a year ago, when the same "phones" line was being used to explain their lack of movement. So now I guess he's saying they are calling everyone,  for real this time, unlike last season when he said it, but didn't mean it

I get stating the sound bite to check a box and placate to the media. Im just kinda shocked he came out and admitted that his statements then weren't honest

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mojo1917 said:

@CoachX

The thing I'm ticked about is the Ellis situation.  The lack of good information and the vagueness of the information that gets disseminated.

That's the "you stinkin' liar" situation IMO.

The thing I'm ticked about is EVERY SINGLE MOVE FLETCHER HAS MADE....other than the Atkinson trade, which has all amounted to him going all in, and the team picking 5th overall. He couldn't possibly be a more inept manager. This the the Detroit Lions inept....the Ballard years in Toronto or Bill Wirtz in Chicago inept...the difference being those guys were tightwads while Fletcher is spending to the limit.

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

3 minutes ago, flyercanuck said:

The thing I'm ticked about is EVERY SINGLE MOVE FLETCHER HAS MADE....other than the Atkinson trade, which has all amounted to him going all in, and the team picking 5th overall. He couldn't possibly be a more inept manager. This the the Detroit Lions inept....the Ballard years in Toronto or Bill Wirtz in Chicago inept...the difference being those guys were tightwads while Fletcher is spending to the limit.

What the hell did we expect? He was HIRED by Dave Scott, Paul Holmgren and referred no doubt by Bob Clarke.. They wanted a Third Stooge, and got one. You're not going to get anything but them going all in, because that's their half-a*se business model. We're doomed to mediocrity at best...and we're FAR from that until they go bankrupt and/or the team is somehow sold to competent ownership. We...Flyers fans... are the Detroit Lions fanbase of the NHL, or worse. Doomed to fandom purgatory.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JR Ewing said:

I'd be more disappointed in my GM if he HADN'T been lying in his public statements regarding his intentions on draft day.

Your Oilers stunk at the right time, and were able to get McDavid and Draisaitl. Our Flyer fan luck SUCKS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pilldoc said:

I hate Fletch.  Period!     End of story........

for god sakes because he wont tank, what makes you think it will work? look at phoenix, buffalo, oilers, you really think it's going to work for us when the odds of us getting bedard isnt very good? you want to win by doing this?, you will be more miserable and out the door when they are the buffalo sabres by tanking.

Edited by tucson83
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mojo1917 said:

@CoachX

The thing I'm ticked about is the Ellis situation.  The lack of good information and the vagueness of the information that gets disseminated.

That's the "you stinkin' liar" situation IMO.

There's an endless list of things I'm ticked about. And even if something good happens for the Flyers, I still now, and always, want Flecther fired

I get that all GMs lie. I've just never heard one come put and say he did it. He's prolly so inept, he doesn't realize what he just said. He has a future in politics

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, tucson83 said:

for god sakes because he wont tank, what makes you think it will work? look at phoenix, buffalo, oilers, you really think it's going to work for us when the odds of us getting bedard isnt very good? you want to win by doing this?, you will be more miserable and out the door when they are the buffalo sabres by tanking.

Ya, going for it and being the 5th worst team in the entire league is so gratifying.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, tucson83 said:

who said anything about tanking??? I hate Fletch based on what he has done / not done for this team and some of the idiotic moves he has made. I think you greatly misread my post…..

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Just wait until Fletcher signs Evgeni Malkin and P.K. Subban for $10M each for the next 10 years…

surely you jest ….. but that is precisely the idiotic move  i could  see Fletch making…..

1 hour ago, IllaZilla said:

Just wait until Fletcher signs Evgeni Malkin and P.K. Subban for $10M each for the next 10 years…

Ixnay on the Ubbansay & Alkinmay deasiay...how much suffering is enough IllaZilla?

58 minutes ago, pilldoc said:

who said anything about tanking??? I hate Fletch based on what he has done / not done for this team and some of the idiotic moves he has made. I think you greatly misread my post…..

alright then what do you want him to do?

Edited by tucson83

1 hour ago, pilldoc said:

surely you jest ….. but that is precisely the idiotic move  i could  see Fletch making…..

Yes, I jest. 🃏 I just saw those two on the UFA list and thought “Hey, kinda like Parise and Suter!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1