Hockey Guy thinks Sabres can compete for a playoff spot.

Buffalo Rick

He thinks between Sabres, Red Wings and Ottawa it will be a fight for  a spot.  He named the likely lineup, but noted Quinn and Paterka are now NHL ready, so they could knock someone out and maybe a trade looms?  He wonders if Luukenen will back up Anderson or will Anderson be released and they go with Luukenen and Comrie?  He likes the forwards.  Assuming Thomson can stay on course.  Who knows about this kid they drafted. Too soon I think .   I like the blue line with the exception of Jokuharju who I never liked.  Powers and Dahlin will likely be your PP duo.  Or Miller.  I think Pilut can make the lineup and wonder if Bryson can also?  I wish they would insert Pilut and just release Jokuharju or trade him or whatever to get rid of him.  Wont happen though. Hockey guy says Middlestadt cam take a step forward if he stays healthy.  I like Himestroza  Olofsson, Tuch, Cozens, Krebs, Bjork and of course Skinner give us some depth, but hoping Quinn is going to help.  Samuelsson seems to be a good defenseman.  I worry the most about the goaltending. Time will tell.  For now, Ill hope the 2nd half brings my Orioles to the Wild Card  

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hockey Junkie said:

He thinks between Sabres, Red Wings and Ottawa it will be a fight for  a spot.  He named the likely lineup, but noted Quinn and Paterka are now NHL ready, so they could knock someone out and maybe a trade looms?  He wonders if Luukenen will back up Anderson or will Anderson be released and they go with Luukenen and Comrie?  He likes the forwards.  Assuming Thomson can stay on course.  Who knows about this kid they drafted. Too soon I think .   I like the blue line with the exception of Jokuharju who I never liked.  Powers and Dahlin will likely be your PP duo.  Or Miller.  I think Pilut can make the lineup and wonder if Bryson can also?  I wish they would insert Pilut and just release Jokuharju or trade him or whatever to get rid of him.  Wont happen though. Hockey guy says Middlestadt cam take a step forward if he stays healthy.  I like Himestroza  Olofsson, Tuch, Cozens, Krebs, Bjork and of course Skinner give us some depth, but hoping Quinn is going to help.  Samuelsson seems to be a good defenseman.  I worry the most about the goaltending. Time will tell.  For now, Ill hope the 2nd half brings my Orioles to the Wild Card  

Yea, well, "Hockey Guy" got smart and started reading my posts and regurgitated what I had been saying since last season :bigteeth: ....those teams may very well be ready finally (Ott, Buf, Det).

But unless Boston and Florida have serious regression (possible but not guaranteed), those three will still have a tough go of it making the top three in the division as I believe Tampa Bay and Toronto at least, are still pretty much locks to get into the post season.
Let's not forget the Metro will be icing some tough squads outside their top three for the wild card spots as well!

Overall, I like the direction the Sabres, Red Wings, and Senators are going, but they may or may not be ready for prime time come the Fall.
And they certainly SHOULDN'T be 'gimme wins' for any established contender to deal with.

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 1:34 PM, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

Yea, well, "Hockey Guy" got smart and started reading my posts and regurgitated what I had been saying since last season :bigteeth: ....those teams may very well be ready finally (Ott, Buf, Det).

But unless Boston and Florida have serious regression (possible but not guaranteed), those three will still have a tough go of it making the top three in the division as I believe Tampa Bay and Toronto at least, are still pretty much locks to get into the post season.
Let's not forget the Metro will be icing some tough squads outside their top three for the wild card spots as well!

Overall, I like the direction the Sabres, Red Wings, and Senators are going, but they may or may not be ready for prime time come the Fall.
And they certainly SHOULDN'T be 'gimme wins' for any established contender to deal with.

Put this on the record.  BOSTON WILL REGRESS.  They are in for a long season.  I promise you.  First the stupid firing of coach and then they lost some key players.  They are going down.  I believe Ottawa is better than Detroit but the Red Wings have Hossa to sort of bring things more even.  But I fear Ottawa more. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hockey Junkie said:

Put this on the record.  BOSTON WILL REGRESS.  They are in for a long season.  I promise you.  First the stupid firing of coach and then they lost some key players.  They are going down.  I believe Ottawa is better than Detroit but the Red Wings have Hossa to sort of bring things more even.  But I fear Ottawa more. 

Can't agree about Buffalo it's just unimaginable...Ottawa I could agree with but not Buffalo they're typecast now...I do agree about Boston regressing though...

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 7:45 AM, Villella McMeans said:

Can't agree about Buffalo it's just unimaginable...Ottawa I could agree with but not Buffalo they're typecast now...I do agree about Boston regressing though...

The Sabres made the playoffs most of the time in their early existence.  Owner changes and things have held them down but they are on the upswing now.  They will make it in the next two years if not this.  I think this year if the goaltending is at least average

Maaybe if they were in the West which is very weak, ten of the top twelve or thirteen teams are in the East. Buffalo will be buried and forgotten quickly. They did nothing to fix an awful goaltending situation except return 80 year old Anderson and bring in a very average on his best day Comrie. They are in the best and toughest division in hockey, 7th place would be a moral victory. I mean, who are they going to beat out? Tampa, Toronto and Florida are near locks, they are clearly behind Boston, Ottawa and Detroit. there is no clear path towards a playoff spot. Just not in the cards. They made it clear with the lack of moves that this is a continuance of the over a decade rebuilding plan. Sorry. They have rabid fans who deserve better. 7th place ahead of Montreal is where they are heading.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 4:12 AM, Hockey Junkie said:

I believe you mean Husso. Hossa retired due to itchy sweaters.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, yave1964 said:

Maaybe if they were in the West which is very weak, ten of the top twelve or thirteen teams are in the East. Buffalo will be buried and forgotten quickly. They did nothing to fix an awful goaltending situation except return 80 year old Anderson and bring in a very average on his best day Comrie. They are in the best and toughest division in hockey, 7th place would be a moral victory. I mean, who are they going to beat out? Tampa, Toronto and Florida are near locks, they are clearly behind Boston, Ottawa and Detroit. there is no clear path towards a playoff spot. Just not in the cards. They made it clear with the lack of moves that this is a continuance of the over a decade rebuilding plan. Sorry. They have rabid fans who deserve better. 7th place ahead of Montreal is where they are heading.

How are they clearly behind Detroit and Ottawa?  They finished ahead of both.  They will not be buried early and Boston is the team that really needs to worry

1 hour ago, Hockey Junkie said:

How are they clearly behind Detroit and Ottawa?  They finished ahead of both.

I don't at all think it is a foregone conclusion that the Sabres will be behind the Wings and Sens.

The Sens definitely improved, but Buffalo's been coming together as a team since they wisely sent the drama queen to Vegas and brought in guys who want to play in the City of Hockey.

Gonna be a very interesting season in the Atlantic next year.

And quite unpredictible as well. We can assume TB, FLA, TOR as the top-3. Boston will -- should -- downtrend at some point. Detroit and Ottawa improved a lot while Montréal is the top pick to finish in the cellar again. Then in the middle, everything is open. The Sabres could surprise and it's gonna be very tight for position 4 and 5.

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, FireDillabaugh said:

Lmao.  If the Flyers play Grosenick in net again in that game, the Flyers will lose it.  And, since it's Fletcher's and Flahr's incompetence deciding the lineups for the first two preseason games, it's a pretty good bet that Grosenick will be one of the goaltenders.

Damn dude!!  6 notifications in 5 minutes?!!!  I wouldn’t watch pre season hockey.  No way.  The Sabres did play Luukenen last night .  I just look at box scores.  Pilut is back and that is good for us.  Had points last night 

On 7/27/2022 at 9:22 AM, Math said:

And quite unpredictible as well. We can assume TB, FLA, TOR as the top-3. Boston will -- should -- downtrend at some point. Detroit and Ottawa improved a lot while Montréal is the top pick to finish in the cellar again. Then in the middle, everything is open. The Sabres could surprise and it's gonna be very tight for position 4 and 5.

Boston WILL be downtrending!!!!

On 7/27/2022 at 9:09 AM, radoran said:

I don't at all think it is a foregone conclusion that the Sabres will be behind the Wings and Sens.

The Sens definitely improved, but Buffalo's been coming together as a team since they wisely sent the drama queen to Vegas and brought in guys who want to play in the City of Hockey.

Gonna be a very interesting season in the Atlantic next year.

Should be interesting