New Wild Podcast...

CreaseAndAssist

The focus on Addison and Gustavsson actually led me to more questions.
The fact that the discussion was on how to get them 3 year contracts made me wonder during the next 2 years of Cap Hell... 
-Should  the Wild go for 3 years on each and not maybe 1-2 for either/both and see where they're at along the way?
-Would Addison and Gustav even want to sign what could be potentially lower contracts during the 3 years total vs if they signed for just the 1-2 and  then possibly would climb the salary ladder higher a year or two sooner with new contracts with us or another team?

The new podcast is a great idea and while I always enjoyed the writings of the pre/post GDT's, This should be a much more interesting way to discuss and recap the weeks events.
I'm sure the GDT's were a lot of time consuming work and doing a weekly podcast instead has to be more enjoyable for you.

5 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

The focus on Addison and Gustavsson actually led me to more questions.
The fact that the discussion was on how to get them 3 year contracts made me wonder during the next 2 years of Cap Hell... 
-Should  the Wild go for 3 years on each and not maybe 1-2 for either/both and see where they're at along the way?
-Would Addison and Gustav even want to sign what could be potentially lower contracts during the 3 years total vs if they signed for just the 1-2 and  then possibly would climb the salary ladder higher a year or two sooner with new contracts with us or another team?

The new podcast is a great idea and while I always enjoyed the writings of the pre/post GDT's, This should be a much more interesting way to discuss and recap the weeks events.
I'm sure the GDT's were a lot of time consuming work and doing a weekly podcast instead has to be more enjoyable for you.

Yes, they certainly were.  A few things factored into the decision.  

The site we had been writing at was becoming increasingly geared towards sports betting.  While we posted links to those articles, our work was virtually impossible to find through the site because it was buried under an avalanche of "how to bet in this state" articles for virtually every sporting event.  I felt like @MNSOTAand myself were spending lots of time and energy creating original content that was being buried by a pile of Spam form articles.  So we looked to leave and I had another place I was going to write for, Inside Hockey but the person that ran it was going to make a bunch of demands about topics, etc and we still were not being paid.  

Not that its all about money, but if we were providing them with free content then in our opinion you don't get to tell us what to write about.  I don't need an unpaid job nor did we want another 'boss' in our life.  I started to get paid to write weekly game previews for boys and girls HS hockey with Youth Hockey Hub last year and I did that again this year.  I only cover the regular season and that kind of gave me a little bit of my hockey writing fix not to mention kept me on the pulse of HS hockey which I enjoy a lot.  

Theresa and I still watch every game, we also watch nearly every Iowa Wild game.  My following of the organization hasn't changed much.  I still watch the prospects when I can, although I have to admit I've been more closely attached to HS hockey than college hockey the last two years.  

I've enjoyed the opportunity to be a part of podcasts since 2015.  So I thought, why not start my own?  So far its been fun and we hope people enjoy listening in.  But I love hearing from people and sharing those views / questions on the podcast.  In a way its like what I always wanted with the Wild Fans Speak articles.  I want to integrate Wild fans into the conversation.  

Kalisha is writing for Zone Coverage so we still have a foot in the Wild blogging sphere and I think I can certainly add to the conversation even if I'm not actively blogging about Minnesota Wild hockey anymore.  I hope that is reflected in what you hear in the podcast.  

We will see if @MNSOTAwants to be a vocal part of the podcast at some point.  I may be biased, but she always has something to say about Wild hockey too.  But for now she's producing the show and I'm 100% thankful for that.  I certainly wouldn't be be able to do this without her.  We have received good help / advice from people who had podcasts or currently have them.  So far the feedback has been pretty positive but we always want to be better.  

• Like 1

LOL.....right now, I'm having enough craziness just figuring out the software to get things recorded and uploaded. As of now, you can only find our podcast on Apple Podcasts and a third-party site that generates the RSS feed. At some point, I may figure out how to get it up on Amazon and some other platforms (does Google have their own podcast app like Apple does?). I've definitely opted for the KISS method, and stuck with the platform I'm somewhat familiar with.

Watching games the rest of the season is going to be a challenge for me. My current work schedule is Tuesday-Saturday, 4am-1pm.....yes, you read that correctly. That means I go to bed around 7-8 at night. So at most, I may catch a period or two (depending on where the game is played). Needless to say, pretty much all West Coast games are a no-go for me, unless they're a Saturday or Sunday matinee game. Today's 1pm game against Nashville will be a nice change of pace for me, in that I actually get to watch the entire thing. I might even experiment and see if I can AirPlay it to our TV, since we had to purchase an AppleTV box since the Apple TV+ app seems to no longer want to work on our Amazon Fire Stick. 

But thanks everyone who has listened to our hard work. The production process is much harder than I thought it was going to be.

Edited by MNSOTA
  • Like 1

Thanks for the tip!  I know some of you are on Twitter, but if anyone wants to ask a question for the show, just tag it #CreasePodcast.  We look forward to hearing from you.  

We also plan on bringing fans into the show itself and letting them share their voice / ideas / views of the team too.  

• Like 1

These podcasts are such a refreshing change from scrolling through various sites, Especially FB posts.
Then there's the comments below like "Trade Dumba for Boeser straight up" ...And my favorite...
"Trade Greenway, Move Dumba to forward and move Fleury to D" (By the after comments defending it proved they meant it, Not joking)
Can make a person want to start drinking at 10:00AM 😏

• Haha 1

Seriously?  Yikes.  I will try to remember this to bring up in the podcast tomorrow.  Next week, we would like to do more of a listener-question focused show.  So if you have questions about the team or anything hockey related just send them here or on Twitter and tag it #CreasePodcast

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is Episode #10: You Can't Always Get What You Want (Playoff Edition)  @MNSOTAand myself discuss Minnesota's upcoming playoff series against Dallas, fan expectations and take some listener questions too!  Check it out!  

Edited by CreaseAndAssist
  • Like 1

No, no I don't.  I don't really have a problem with him.  He did more than Tyson Jost did.  But the Wild didn't really have any real ways to replace #14 no matter who they put in his place.  Steel gave what he could.  But either way, I hoped you enjoyed the episode.  We are recording tomorrow a post-mortem of the Wild's series against Dallas.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Episode #13: Denial Gone Wild

Theresa, Kalisha and I recorded this one almost a month ago.  Sorry for not posting it here then.  But its more about the team's reaction to another one & done and other post-season thoughts.  You can probably guess what we thought of Guerin's comments were about this team having a successful season were.  

Episode #15: Into the Looking Glass

In this episode, @MNSOTA and Kalisha and ask what can the Minnesota Wild learn from the Stanley Cup Finals and we also take another look at the upcoming 2023 NHL Draft.  We also answer a bunch of listener questions too!  Check it out!