Minnesota Wild @ Winnipeg Jets, 3-8-23, 6:30 PM, Canada Life Centre

bbgarnett

1 hour ago, Alexandron said:

I listened Stanley's interview today. He even didn't feel guilty when he (twice bigger player) jumped on our star's back and hanged on him for a period of time. I think more was involved Kaprizov's back(lumbar area) on holding heavy player. Strange that Reaves or Foligno did not put their hands on that player then. He really was merit a punish on intentional damage. 

TBH, I didn't think anyone thought it was a 'dirty hit' and maybe why there wasn't players going after anyone.
Stanley actually looked like he placed his arm down to lessen the fall and Yes, He could've angled off quicker and not stayed on top so long.
Looking at Kap bent over on the bench after does support your back theory but also having his left knee up when skating off supports the odd way it had to turn under him and then straighten out under pressure. 😬
Either way, We've never seen that kind of look on Kap's face of concern like that. :( 

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

TBH, I didn't think anyone thought it was a 'dirty hit' and maybe why there wasn't players going after anyone.
Stanley actually looked like he placed his arm down to lessen the fall and Yes, He could've angled off quicker and not stayed on top so long.
Looking at Kap bent over on the bench after does support your back theory but also having his left knee up when skating off supports the odd way it had to turn under him and then straighten out under pressure. 😬
Either way, We've never seen that kind of look on Kap's face of concern like that. :( 

Stanley's both legs were up for a period of time and his arms barely touched the ice during this time. Video shows that from the front and back views. Actually this player is 6'7" height and 231 lbs. weight,  which was enough to make a lower body injury to Kaprizov and in result few minutes ago Michael Russo placed a message:

"Michael Russo

@RussoHockey

22m.

Hearing Sammy Walker has been recalled from AHL Iowa with Kirill Kaprizov injured and the #mnwild likely needing an extra forward for rest of road trip as they leave tomorrow for San Jose (then Arizona and St. Louis)."

Tell you a truth I do not like Jets team because they did to our team significant damage in a past. If I remember, during the 1st playoffs round against them they injured Eric Staal; Parise (broke his sternum when 2 Jets players smashed him from 2 sides at the same time) and EEK. And our team became completely nothing after that.

I kind of wondered why there wasn't at least a penalty on the play.  Logan Stanley sort of just fell right on top of him.  Kaprizov being out will certainly test the team's depth and we'll learn a lot in the next few games.  Not that its a silver lining, but having a little time off can give them a chance to try to figure some things out, line-wise etc.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CreaseAndAssist said:

I kind of wondered why there wasn't at least a penalty on the play.  Logan Stanley sort of just fell right on top of him.  Kaprizov being out will certainly test the team's depth and we'll learn a lot in the next few games.  Not that its a silver lining, but having a little time off can give them a chance to try to figure some things out, line-wise etc.  

Completely agree with you. He should get at least a penalty on the play. It was a clearly intentional injury to Kaprizov to neutralize him  from the team. That tall Logan Stanley guy was capable easily  to escape that bad collision by placing first of all his arms/hands even with his stick in front of him , instead of that this heavy player jumped on Kaprizov's back and stayed there for a period of time without touching the ice and intentionally pressing to the Kaprizov's body and shoulders.

And now I am not surprised to see multiple mad pictures and messages towards Logan Stanley at the Russo twit.

Minnesota Hockey

@MinnyHockey

·

16h

on Logan Stanley

Hockey Wilderness

@hockeywildernes

·

16h

me(EEK) at Logan Stanley for the rest of his career

Wild Takes

@WildTakes10k

·

16h

**** you Logan Stanley, we have April 11th marked on our calendar. #mnwild

Nick

@nannerson

·

17h

Replying to

@RussoHockey

Awful situation. Awful hit. Teams got to figure out how to get some Rhythm without him(Kaprizov).