Minnesota Wild vs Boston Bruins, Saturday 3-18-23, 1:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

On 3/18/2023 at 1:46 PM, ClusterChuck said:

Seems to be the norm lately.
Shows how much Kap controlling the puck offensive and defensively cut those #'s down.

Agree. That was a nice test for the team without Kaprizov to play against a real contender on a Stanley Cup win this season. I think we played not bad at all. We were competitive through the most game. Sadly we missed an opportunity to score when played 5 on 3 for that game and during the game against Capitals which is not acceptable. Team should work better for this part, especially for the playoffs.

• Like 1

IMO the Wild's 5 on 3 is flawed in that they have 2 players on each side or directly in front of the net.

On a normal power play they have 1 player up front. With the 2 man advantage and 2 players net front, they really are only on a 4 on 3 as 1 defender is usualy able to cover the 2 net front forwards.

This plan< while screening the goalie's eyes, also seems to block shots from getting to the net.

I think they would be better off with 1 forward net front, and rotate  players into shooting position ready for a pass and shoot situation.

The standard PP is better this year. How long will ittake them to fix their 2 man advantage? 

13 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Agree. That was a nice test for the team without Kaprizov to play against a real contender on a Stanley Cup win this season. I think we played not bad at all. We were competitive through the most game. Sadly we missed an opportunity to score when played 5 on 3 for that game and during the game against Capitals which is not acceptable. Team should work better for this part, especially for the playoffs.

Not often do you get 5 on 3 in the PO's but if you do, You must take advantage of it.

13 hours ago, Tomdog said:

IMO the Wild's 5 on 3 is flawed in that they have 2 players on each side or directly in front of the net.

On a normal power play they have 1 player up front. With the 2 man advantage and 2 players net front, they really are only on a 4 on 3 as 1 defender is usualy able to cover the 2 net front forwards.

This plan< while screening the goalie's eyes, also seems to block shots from getting to the net.

I think they would be better off with 1 forward net front, and rotate  players into shooting position ready for a pass and shoot situation.

The standard PP is better this year. How long will ittake them to fix their 2 man advantage? 

Agreed, So many legs, Bodies and sticks and then whoever (Zucc) tries  to still pass to one of them for a tip instead of a shot for a rebound or just plain havoc.

PP's and regular 5 on 5...After seeing the goals being scored while Kap is out made me think of our overall play design.
With Kap out, We stick to the game plan and individuals step up and take their shot or make a move etc.
Seeing Mojo skate big circles in the 0-Zone ala Kap last game reminded me of the freedom Kap would do a while ago.

With Kap in, All plays even tho it's part of the same game plan revolves around getting the puck to Kap. It hasn't been producing that much prior to his injury.
It almost feels like they're making Kap play our plan and not design to Kap's strengths and taking away his freedom.
Sure he cranks it up at times becoming Superman, But our game plan seems to be Kyptonite to him.