Minnesota Wild vs Seattle Kraken, Monday 3-27-23, 7:00pm, Xcel Energy Center

MNSOTA

8 minutes ago, Jimtown guy said:

I’m with CC. If the Wild happen to play the Kracken in first round it could go either way. That speed could catch up to the boys if it’s a long series 

Maybe it'll be the Jets, That could be fun.
Don't want to wish for a certain team as the old saying goes, "Careful what you wish for".

2 minutes ago, ClusterChuck said:

Don't want to wish for a certain team as the old saying goes, "Careful what you wish for".

Very true and as us Wild know it could be one and done no matter who the opponent is 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TropicalFruitGirl26 said:

No kidding!

Reaves, Middleton, Gaudreau....we don't need no stinkin Kaprizov! :5a6425fa25331_VikingSkoool:

Yes, we do need stars for the team. Kaprizov is a true star for the Wild team proved already 3 seasons in a row. Probably a future Hall of Fame player connected to the Wild if we will keep him for the next 15 years here. Otherwise without stars NHL team will look as a Kraken team. Boldy has success so far mainly by our recent treasure we have got from Johansson and last season from Fiala. He needs to build more experience here as an independent from others player to be a real star.

And like I said before, I listened a recent interview from the last week with Kaprizov. I did not like the question which commentator asked him. He asked: " why media heavily pressing the idea that the team is playing well without him and maybe the team does not need him?" And Kaprizov sadly answered "maybe". I just do not want that these stinking talks will move him towards looking for other team which is having more friendly media like New York Rangers; Washington Capitals; Tampa Bay Lightning teams.

13 hours ago, ClusterChuck said:

In my opinion, not the best wish and no fun at all to play against Jets. We had extremely bad previous experience during the 1st round against them when they traumatized crucial players for the team, and recently they badly traumatized our main star Kaprizov who is not started skating yet. I am still thinking that he had a spine/vertebra compression during that injury from a heavy bull who jumped on Kaprizov's back and pressed with his entire body to it before touching the ice. I just do not want that they will do the same things this playoffs season on traumatizing or aggravating previous injuries of our players. Better be worried about this option. I would prefer that we will play against Kraken and Jets will play against Colorado team.  This way we will have more chances to pass 1st round and to meet at 2nd round with more traumatized Colorado team who recently recovered from all injuries and playing pretty solid now.

4 hours ago, Alexandron said:

Yes, we do need stars for the team. Kaprizov is a true star for the Wild team proved already 3 seasons in a row. Probably a future Hall of Fame player connected to the Wild if we will keep him for the next 15 years here. Otherwise without stars NHL team will look as a Kraken team. Boldy has success so far mainly by our recent treasure we have got from Johansson and last season from Fiala. He needs to build more experience here as an independent from others player to be a real star.

And like I said before, I listened a recent interview from the last week with Kaprizov. I did not like the question which commentator asked him. He asked: " why media heavily pressing the idea that the team is playing well without him and maybe the team does not need him?" And Kaprizov sadly answered "maybe". I just do not want that these stinking talks will move him towards looking for other team which is having more friendly media like New York Rangers; Washington Capitals; Tampa Bay Lightning teams.

That's just media looking for stories and angles. Typical BS. I doubt the media in those places you mentioned are "friendly" and if not more scrutinizing than ours.
If it's true Kap doesn't like the spotlight, Then none of those places would be attractive to him.

• Thanks 1
  • Good Post 1

I realize sarcasm and wit don't always translate into internet posts, but seriously people, cmon.

For those who may have thought that I DON'T think Kaprizov is needed on the team, get a grip...or pay attention.
One or the other.

As for the media, yea, media is gonna do what media is gonna do.
They gotta boost viewership, readership, clicks, subscribers, whatever...gotta keep trying to make a name for themselves, so yea with the 'edgy' questions to players, coaches, etc.
No matter how stupid those questions may be.

• Like 2