Round 1, Game 1: Minnesota Wild @ Dallas Stars, Monday 4-17-23, 8:30pm, American Airlines Center

MNSOTA

Working FOR the Wild, and hopefully, getting the Game 2 start no matter how this one ends up, is Gustavsson being calm, cool, and collected through all this.

Guy isn't fighting the puck, isn't getting himself grossly out of position due to nerves or anything else, and still coming up with big saves as if he's done this a BUNCH of times before.

That is the kind of goaltending this team hasn't seen in just about all its existence.

Sometimes he screws up and lets one in that he would probably tell you himself he should have stopped, but I see no fear, quit, or sloppiness to his game.
If the Wild as a team can't take cues from their 24 yr old netminder, then I dunno what to say about that...

• Like 1
  • Good Post 1

Hmmm.....seems Dumba is getting the big "booos" now every time he touches the puck.

I wonder if the Dallas players will buy into that and try to make Dumba a focus of their ire all series.
If that happens, then Dumba may have FINALLY found a way to contribute regularly to this team by playing agitator without doing anything else in the series.

I would think the Dallas coaching staff and players would be smarter than that, but, one can always hope they aren't.
I nominate Dumba for the Brad Marchand Award for Most Bristly Player on the Ice!! :) 

2 minutes ago, EmptyShelf said:

Faber just cleaned it up for Brodin.  Kid's going to be a player.  Held his ground, no flinch, and a nice breakout pass.

As long as Faber doesn't turn pucks over like Fiala turning over brats on a grill, I am happy with the trade Minnesota made! 😏